Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Recomend me a flipper

Grathr · 58 · 1574

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Re: Recomend me a flipper
Reply #30 on: February 25, 2017, 09:59:04 AM
SOG Vulcan mini.

I hear nice things about the vulcan, but for some reason it just does not appeal to me.
Ouch! I thought we where friends!
LOL!

:rofl:
I guess youll have to convince me of its fantastic performance, because it aint pretty or cheap :D
:rofl:
Let us know how you like the ripple.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 10:00:55 AM by ducttapetech »
Nate

SEND IT!

hk Offline aurabattler

Reply #31 on: February 26, 2017, 08:28:52 AM
I am also thinking of getting a ripple / ripple 2 too, and this is also going to be my first flipper. I cant decide whether I should get the liner lock one or frame lock one. The weight difference is not a problem to me but would nice to see if you guys have any comparison among the two.  :salute:

no Offline Grathr

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #32 on: February 26, 2017, 08:36:47 AM
I am also thinking of getting a ripple / ripple 2 too, and this is also going to be my first flipper. I cant decide whether I should get the liner lock one or frame lock one. The weight difference is not a problem to me but would nice to see if you guys have any comparison among the two.  :salute:

From what I have figured out, and please correct me if Im wrong, the frame lock one has steel handles,  a better blade steel and a higher price tag. Its also discontinued as far as I can tell.
A comparison from someone who has them would be great!

-Knívleysur maður er lívleysur maður.
 "A Knifeless man is a lifeless man" old Faroese proverb.

hk Offline aurabattler

Reply #33 on: February 26, 2017, 09:48:21 AM
From what I have figured out, and please correct me if Im wrong, the frame lock one has steel handles,  a better blade steel and a higher price tag. Its also discontinued as far as I can tell.

Yeah  :cheers:  that's what I learnt too but I am not too sure if the framelock one is with better blade steel as that is called ACUTO 440 which I have no knowledge about and it is made in Taiwan instead of China.  The blade shape of ripple 2 is a bit different too but yet, I don't know which one is better.  It seems to be a lot more expensive than the liner lock one in SRP too. I just happened to see it selling at 50 in knifecenter so I have just ordered it with a whole bunch of other knives :cheers:  it will take a whole week for the shipment, I will share once it is  received.

no Offline Grathr

Reply #34 on: February 26, 2017, 10:10:54 AM

Yeah  :cheers:  that's what I learnt too but I am not too sure if the framelock one is with better blade steel as that is called ACUTO 440 which I have no knowledge about and it is made in Taiwan instead of China.  The blade shape of ripple 2 is a bit different too but yet, I don't know which one is better.  It seems to be a lot more expensive than the liner lock one in SRP too. I just happened to see it selling at 50 in knifecenter so I have just ordered it with a whole bunch of other knives :cheers:  it will take a whole week for the shipment, I will share once it is  received.

:Cheers:
Looking forward to see pics and hear what you think of it when it arrives.
Mine will probably arrive in a week or two.

ie Offline plowjockey1

• A hammer is the father of all our tools.
Reply #35 on: March 03, 2017, 12:03:25 AM
I ordered a Ripple 2,7" for $31 including shipping. At that price I can still try something else if Im not happy with it. :)
Ill let you know when it arrives.
Feel free to come up with more suggestions, I might get another flipper as well :D

Hope it does the trick for you. Have a look at Kershaw Emerson cqc series, I just bought a cqc 7k, 3.25 inch blade, very happy with it. It's approx $32 incl intl shipping.

hk Offline aurabattler

Reply #36 on: March 03, 2017, 03:39:39 PM
Kershaw CQC is really a great series.  I have a CQC 6k and I love it though I don't carry it a lot as it is a bit big to my taste. But CQC is not a flipper anyway though the wave system can really deploy even faster than a flipper.

Anyway, I got my ripple 2 today and I really like it.  Grathr I don't know how big is your hand but the knife is really a small one.  Don't get me wrong,  it is a great knife and I love it! I LOOOVEEE small knives as my hands are ridiculously small. This knife might be too small for somebody but this is actually my favourite size.  I compared it with a pioneer and a mini griptilian.  You can see it is almost the same size as the pioneer.  The deployment is super super smooth. The blade is super sharp.  If you want me to find a grip,  the only grip will be the tip down only pocket clip as I prefer tip up but this is not a deal breaker. I like it so far and I hope you will like it too. I will carry it for a few days and share how I feel. Nice little knife and very elegant.  :like:
_20170303_222149.JPG
* _20170303_222149.JPG (Filesize: 211.58 KB)
_20170303_222204.JPG
* _20170303_222204.JPG (Filesize: 254.98 KB)
_20170303_222222.JPG
* _20170303_222222.JPG (Filesize: 227.6 KB)

no Offline Grathr

Reply #37 on: March 03, 2017, 04:18:27 PM
Kershaw CQC is really a great series.  I have a CQC 6k and I love it though I don't carry it a lot as it is a bit big to my taste. But CQC is not a flipper anyway though the wave system can really deploy even faster than a flipper.

Anyway, I got my ripple 2 today and I really like it.  Grathr I don't know how big is your hand but the knife is really a small one.  Don't get me wrong,  it is a great knife and I love it! I LOOOVEEE small knives as my hands are ridiculously small. This knife might be too small for somebody but this is actually my favourite size.  I compared it with a pioneer and a mini griptilian.  You can see it is almost the same size as the pioneer.  The deployment is super super smooth. The blade is super sharp.  If you want me to find a grip,  the only grip will be the tip down only pocket clip as I prefer tip up but this is not a deal breaker. I like it so far and I hope you will like it too. I will carry it for a few days and share how I feel. Nice little knife and very elegant.  :like:

Very cool!
Im still waiting for mine to arrive.
Also Sak60 gave me a incredibly generous offer on a Kershaw Skyline. So Im waiting for that to arrive as well. :)

us Offline Kampfer

• Tactical Desk Jockey
Reply #38 on: March 03, 2017, 06:36:30 PM
Skyline has a lot of good review, you should try that.
EDC: Black Talon, Black Cat, Spirit, LD02

no Offline Grathr

Reply #39 on: March 03, 2017, 06:39:03 PM
Skyline has a lot of good review, you should try that.

I have one on the way from Sak60 ;)

us Offline Kampfer

• Tactical Desk Jockey
Reply #40 on: March 03, 2017, 06:47:09 PM
 :tu:
EDC: Black Talon, Black Cat, Spirit, LD02

hk Offline aurabattler

Reply #41 on: March 04, 2017, 07:38:45 AM
Woo!  Would love to see what you think about the skyline!  Found a small problem with the ripple2. When the blade is closed, the edge is very close to the back of the handle like only 1mm below that. And the handle is open design meaning if your finger is small enough to sneak in a little bit, it can cut you. But since the  handle is very thin, it  won't be a problem if your finger are not that small.
_20170303_232214.JPG
* _20170303_232214.JPG (Filesize: 137.06 KB)

no Offline Grathr

Reply #42 on: March 06, 2017, 07:16:36 PM
The Ripple arrived today.
First impressions are good. Its a small knife, I ordered the 2,7" blade one, but not too small. Its also very light weight. The blade deployment was a little rough out of the box, but a couple of drops of oil fixed that.
This model does not have the problem with gap between edge and handle when closed, but this one  has a different blade shape.
Ill let you know how it performes.
IMG_8535.JPG
* IMG_8535.JPG (Filesize: 252.69 KB)
IMG_8536.JPG
* IMG_8536.JPG (Filesize: 262.05 KB)

hk Offline aurabattler

Reply #43 on: March 07, 2017, 03:31:15 AM
First impressions are good. Its a small knife, I ordered the 2,7" blade one, but not too small. Its also very light weight. The blade deployment was a little rough out of the box, but a couple of drops of oil fixed that.
This model does not have the problem with gap between edge and handle when closed, but this one  has a different blade shape.
:like: awesome and I like the worn design on the scale and the blade shape is different too.

I just ordered a Stedemon zkc c02 from a local re-seller here. It will be a bit big. Hopefully it will be received by tomorrow and I will share once I get it.  :cheers:
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 03:33:03 AM by aurabattler »

no Offline Grathr

Reply #44 on: March 07, 2017, 05:38:45 AM
:like: awesome and I like the worn design on the scale and the blade shape is different too.

I just ordered a Stedemon zkc c02 from a local re-seller here. It will be a bit big. Hopefully it will be received by tomorrow and I will share once I get it.  :cheers:

:cheers:
Looking forward to seeing it

hk Offline aurabattler

Reply #45 on: March 08, 2017, 05:15:47 PM
I got it!!
It is a bit on the big side. The blade is well below 4 inches with a 3.5 inch cutting edge.  It is a bit too big to my taste but nothing wrong. When I need a big guy, it will be my choice. I don't have too much big guys to compare so I made a comparison with the code 4, a rangergrip and the rat 1. This thing is a Stedemon ZKC-C02 made by Zon knife. It has perfect grind and perfect centering.  Super strong detent which is so strong that the knife won't come out accidentally but not strong enough to stop you from opening it with a normal strength. Once you overcome the detention, the blade shoot out  like assisted.  This thing is flawless, a perfect one. The only grip will be it has only one liner on the lock side, meaning it is not built like a tank but it is still beefy and strong.  I saw it selling at 70 in bladehq. If you need something inexpensive big, this is a good choice though the blade still is nothing fancy... 440c.
Believe it or not, this superb quality is made in China by a Chinese brand and Chinese knife company.  :like:

_20170308_235904.JPG
* _20170308_235904.JPG (Filesize: 257.81 KB)
_20170308_235940.JPG
* _20170308_235940.JPG (Filesize: 213.87 KB)
_20170309_000005.JPG
* _20170309_000005.JPG (Filesize: 257.27 KB)
_20170309_000021.JPG
* _20170309_000021.JPG (Filesize: 207.29 KB)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 05:39:37 PM by aurabattler »

us Online LoopCutter

Recomend me a flipper
Reply #46 on: March 08, 2017, 05:28:59 PM
The CQC-5K would be a good option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 05:30:14 PM by LoopCutter »
If I start and end the day above ground, it is a good day!

Hope yours is as good!

A SMART man always knows what to say!
   A WISE man knows whether or not to say it!!!

no Offline Grathr

Reply #47 on: March 08, 2017, 06:30:29 PM
Nice! :tu:

Have you got any experience with the Chinese brand Kizer?

hk Offline aurabattler

Reply #48 on: March 09, 2017, 04:28:40 AM

No. I don't own a kizer but I am planning to. They have some 3 inch VG10 flippers and non-flippers which are quite interesting. Kizer is popular in the local knife group that I am in and the comment is positive most of the time, and  Kizer is less expensive than other Chinese brands like Reate, WeKnife.

I think I would get one next month since I have already bought too much this month...  :facepalm: 

no Offline Grathr

Reply #49 on: March 09, 2017, 06:02:34 PM

No. I don't own a kizer but I am planning to. They have some 3 inch VG10 flippers and non-flippers which are quite interesting. Kizer is popular in the local knife group that I am in and the comment is positive most of the time, and  Kizer is less expensive than other Chinese brands like Reate, WeKnife.

I think I would get one next month since I have already bought too much this month...  :facepalm:

:cheers:

no Offline Grathr

Reply #50 on: April 04, 2017, 08:34:49 PM
I got the Kershaw Skyline from SAK60 the other day, wich he very generously gifted me,  and I love it!
Its a excellent tool. Slim in the pocket, well built and has a very functional blade profile. I see why so many people like it so much.

IMG_8682.jpg
* IMG_8682.jpg (Filesize: 318.33 KB)
IMG_8683.jpg
* IMG_8683.jpg (Filesize: 389.25 KB)

nz Online zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #51 on: April 05, 2017, 12:09:42 AM
Nice.   :tu:

hk Offline aurabattler

Reply #52 on: April 08, 2017, 12:05:41 PM
Just got three more flippers and will try to post some pictures later tonight.  They are ZT0450, Kizer Gemini and Kershaw Fraxion. None of them are perfect but none of the imperfection does really affect performance. They are simply some OCD sickness.  :climber:

Oh yes, the Fraxion is new in 2017 and is only like $30. A very great deal for a 2.75" ball bearing flipper with no speed safe. The only grip is the grind isn't all the way to the end and the tip of the blade is a tiny bit of not pointy enough. I would not call it rounded but it is less than the pointiness like delica4 or ripple2 making it not the best stabber.  If you don't stab a lot there is no big deal.  Will try to shoot some pictures later tonight.

The ZT and the Kizer is brilliant but they are not cheap. Both grinds are slightly bit of uneven. The ZT at the very end while the Kizer at the very tip. The Kizer has a better detent while the ZT has a better action. Thr Kizer is already freaking crazy sharp but the ZT is event sharper!  Kind of suprised by the quality of the Kizer though.  And will shoot some pictures soon.

:)

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 E6683 發送

« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 12:13:57 PM by aurabattler »

no Offline Grathr

Reply #53 on: April 08, 2017, 03:16:13 PM
:popcorn:

hk Offline aurabattler

Reply #54 on: April 08, 2017, 06:22:33 PM

My new knives

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 E6683 發送

no Offline Grathr

Reply #55 on: April 08, 2017, 06:29:44 PM

nz Online zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #56 on: April 08, 2017, 11:04:04 PM
I like the lines on the zt.   :tu:   :like:

hk Offline aurabattler

Reply #57 on: April 09, 2017, 06:59:05 PM
I like the lines on the zt.   :tu:   :like:
That ZT is awesome!  Crazy crazy butter smooth. Really impressive!  :like:

Donations