Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Dog Day

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Dog Day
on: October 07, 2008, 04:42:27 PM
Some of you on Facebook have probably seen these already, but I wanted to share them with the rest of you too.

Sunday morning we loaded up the dogs into the Jeep and went for a run down at a local ball field.  Since Chinook is a husky and can't be allowed off leash (huskies are runners- that's what they do, and they never find their way home again.  As a result, huskies are the #1 pure breed dog that's put down in animal shelters) we hang out at one of the all enclosed ball fields around town for some much needed exercise. 

One of Chinook's favorite things to do is walk the fenceline, and (not so!) little Daisy followed him for a bit but eventually got bored and went off on her own.

It didn't take long before they were running together and pounding eachother into the dirt.  I have many bad photos of them chasing eachother around, and this one good one!  In fact, this one is now my desktop image.

Needless to say, it was such a great day, even the seemingly boundless energy of youth was somewhat depleted!

They say dogs have simple pleasures... well you know I had so much fun doing nothing but encouraging them to run around like idiots and occasionally chasing them around as much as my busted anatomy would let me.... if that's simple pleasure, then I'll take it!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Re: Dog Day
Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 05:08:31 PM
Nice dogs. And you are right, if that is simple pleasure, I'll take it. Since you got 2 dogs, that give you an excuse to buy another Jeep, one for each dog.
Nate

SEND IT!

us Offline ducktapehero

• No Life Club
  • Plants should be smoked, not eaten.
Reply #2 on: October 07, 2008, 06:00:18 PM
Beautiful dogs
http://ducksrandomthoughts.blogspot.com - or follow me on Twitter- @ducksthoughts

It's hard to say nipple without smirking.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #3 on: October 07, 2008, 07:19:54 PM
Thanks guys!  I would love to get another Jeep, and I think the wife likes it enough she's almost consider trading the Sunfire in on one!  She always liked riding high up in a truck rather than riding low, but still, I don't think we are ready for another one yet!

Daisy is almost twice the size she was when we got her a month (or so) ago.  She's 4 months old and well over 50 pounds now, so I am guessing she is going to be a giant!

Chinook is ten and a half now, and not a big fan of the young upstart, but he's more than holding his own against her!  You know what they say about old age and treachery versus youth and skill!  Well, Daisy doesn't even have the skill yet- she's still tripping over her own giant paws!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Offline max6166

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: October 07, 2008, 07:24:58 PM
Nothing better than pics of happy dogs having fun.  :cheers:

From what you have said, it might be a good idea to get your dogs chipped if you have not already done so.
[

us Offline Gadget Guy

• No Life Club
  • <*();::::::::;~
Reply #5 on: October 07, 2008, 07:26:41 PM
Awesome pictures Def, thanks for sharing them with us!   :cheers:
Sometimes change is a good thing, other times not so much!

gb Offline Neil

• Multitool.org Main Site Manager
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #6 on: October 07, 2008, 07:26:58 PM
... run around like idiots and occasionally chasing them around as much as my busted anatomy would let me.... if that's simple pleasure, then I'll take it!

Def

I want to see the pics of you running round like an idiot that the dogs took :D

What do you mean no opposable thumb  :think:

Neil
I'm not taking any more mod orders at present, sorry.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #7 on: October 07, 2008, 07:40:21 PM
Nothing better than pics of happy dogs having fun.  :cheers:

From what you have said, it might be a good idea to get your dogs chipped if you have not already done so.

Chinook is chipped, Daisy will be chipped soon, once all the other "modifications" are done.  Frankly I am a HUGE supporter of getting them chipped.  My old truck was stolen, and it had both my dogs (Chinook, and the now deceased Pete) in it.  They were abandoned at the side of the road, and I wouldn't have gotten them back if they weren't chipped. 

Nook doesn't get the chance to run away, and when Daisy gets more settled and starts returning on command, she won't go away either.  She's been out a few times without a leash and she hasn't gone far.  Pete was like that too... I often wondered why I would need a chip in a dog that was never more than ten feet from me, until he went missing...

But, for the peace of mind, microchipping a dog is well worth it, even if they wear collars and have tags.  Collars can be removed easily, chips, not so much!

Def

Offline max6166

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: October 07, 2008, 09:46:38 PM
Yep, chipping is well worth the small price.

Unfortunately, many people consider it unnecessary until it's too late. Even indoor cats who live in apartment buildings somehow manage to get loose all the time.
[

us Offline ducktapehero

• No Life Club
  • Plants should be smoked, not eaten.
Reply #9 on: October 07, 2008, 09:56:01 PM
Even indoor cats who live in apartment buildings somehow manage to get loose all the time.
Mine won't no matter how many times I leave the door open.  >:D >:D
http://ducksrandomthoughts.blogspot.com - or follow me on Twitter- @ducksthoughts

It's hard to say nipple without smirking.

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #10 on: October 07, 2008, 10:14:41 PM
Daisy's not so little now is she :o , and she was pretty big when I saw her last :D

Looks like a great day boss :)
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #11 on: October 08, 2008, 02:41:20 AM
Looks like the dogs and their owner had a great day! I'll bet nobody had trouble getting to sleep that night! :D
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline Splat

Reply #12 on: October 08, 2008, 06:36:29 AM
(Image removed from quote.)

I love dogs. I just had to laugh and smile at this pic. They always seem to be smiling, don't they? I miss my buddy, my Golden Retriever-Cocker Spaniel mix named Floyd. Don't ask me how the name came to be... it just popped into my head when I saw him at the ASPCA kennel. Love at first sight deal there. He was about 17 when he passed. That was 1999 and I still miss him. Colorful Enunciation, sorry for the sob story. Def, you've got some beauties there. Give them a hug for me.  :)
Splat

Reply #13 on: October 08, 2008, 07:53:43 PM
I know how you feel mate :(

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I am geek, hear me code
Reply #14 on: October 08, 2008, 08:12:52 PM
they say kids are nothing like their parents, in this case, two of the happiest dogs in the universe... living with mr misery :P
The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.

Reply #15 on: October 08, 2008, 08:23:56 PM
they say kids are nothing like their parents, in this case, two of the happiest dogs in the universe... living with mr misery :P
:D :D

I can see someone having there admin privaleges being revoked :D

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79