Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

More USPS Shipping Problems?

us Offline NorCalJim

• No Life Club
More USPS Shipping Problems?
on: April 28, 2017, 08:23:19 PM
Somewhat recently, Folder Beholder shared a very disconcerting experience with USPS after purchasing a NIB "Picnicker".   In FB's case, fraud was involved in that the original shipping label had been moved to another package.  Enough others chimed in with their own experiences to raise the unhappy realization that not all our packages entrusted to USPS reach their destination and some post offices have a higher rate of MIA packages than others.

On 4/16/2017, I was delighted to purchase a blue Farmer after a lengthy search...

I was happy to see that the seller shipped the package on 4/17/2017 and that the tracking status of "In transit" showed up on 4/19/2017.  It's now 4/28/2017 and the "In transit" status has not changed and now I am worried that my package may be "Lost" or the latest victim of postal hijinx.

The prospect of not receiving the blue Farmer is disappointing.  Combined with five (more) Explorers that I purchased in April, two of which arrived in the not as described "Excellent" condition, this is the third disappointment this month.  Overall, I have had very few problems over the years with my e-bay purchases but maybe it's time to take a break from e-bay.  I certainly can't complain that I don't have enough SAKs because I have enough to last me several lifetimes.

I realize that my blue Farmer might still arrive but I think the chance of that happening is rather slim.  So far, all of my sent packages have arrived.  I find it noteworthy that I make it a point to not use e-bay print labels that advertise that the item is an e-bay purchase.

us Offline FolderBeholder

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: More USPS Shipping Problems?
Reply #1 on: April 28, 2017, 09:15:20 PM
Why does this always happen with the ones we want the most?
It may still show up, but in the meanwhile, take the tracking number down to the post office and have them start a search for it.
You can even start that process online.

Edit to add:  Go here:
https://www.usps.com/help/missing-mail.htm
Click on the "Start Your Missing Mail Search" button.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 09:25:59 PM by FolderBeholder »
Rest in peace ColoSwiss, you will always be remembered.

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • "Spending all of my money and time Oh, ho ho...'"
Reply #2 on: April 28, 2017, 09:55:40 PM
That sux!!!   Be sure and let us know how it turns out Jim!
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt
"It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues." - Ten Bears

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #3 on: April 28, 2017, 10:14:08 PM
That's a bummer, hopefully it will show up.   :tu:

I had that happen to me once with an old cross Pioneer except that it was marked as out for delivery and didn't show. It did show up the next day either so I called my post office to let them know  and they assured me they would look into it. The next day my mail man hand delivered it to me at my front door and said that it had fallen under the front seat of the mail truck  :facepalm: 

So smurf can happen 
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 12:15:36 AM by SteveC »

us Offline VICMAN

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #4 on: April 28, 2017, 10:32:15 PM
Sorry to hear about the delay on your order. I have had a few of my orders get shipped to the wrong state and then eventually find their way to me. I hope that is the case with your order and that it does finally arrive.

us Offline NorCalJim

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: April 29, 2017, 12:05:27 AM
Thanks everyone for your kind words!

us Offline NorCalJim

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: April 29, 2017, 12:07:06 AM
It may still show up, but in the meanwhile, take the tracking number down to the post office and have them start a search for it.

Thanks FB!

I had the same thought about its the SAKs we want the most that go missing.  I really appreciate the suggestion & link!

:salute:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #7 on: April 29, 2017, 12:22:45 AM
Good luck!

I'm also thinking the whole eBay thing as of late, I've had 2 wrong shippings and 3 disputes with sellers the last months, after years of quiet, peaceful and enjoyable buying and bidding.
Things seem to be heating up on the bay, I dunno why   :think:
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline NorCalJim

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: April 29, 2017, 11:10:25 PM

Thanks again for your suggestion & USPS link.  It required establishing a USPS account and I had some difficulty with USPS claiming that I already had an account.  Changing the e-mail account that I used to register solved that problem and my request for a post office search has been submitted.  What you learned from your USPS difficulty is helping me and hopefully others.

Thank you!

Jim

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
  • One Day Closer To Death
Reply #9 on: April 30, 2017, 02:50:58 AM
I would'nt blame usps solely, theres a lot of package theft these days, where I live ups guys are so lazy they just put packages outside my apartment building, never even ring the buzzer, I really hate when an item I order from amazon ships through ups, it becomes a whole project to track it and catch it when its delivered. at least my usps guy comes at the same time every day so I know when to expect item.

us Offline NorCalJim

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: April 30, 2017, 04:03:52 AM
I would'nt blame usps solely, theres a lot of package theft these days, where I live ups guys are so lazy they just put packages outside my apartment building, never even ring the buzzer, I really hate when an item I order from amazon ships through ups, it becomes a whole project to track it and catch it when its delivered. at least my usps guy comes at the same time every day so I know when to expect item.

Actually the USPS (United Stated Postal Service) provides a tracking number that shows the stops along the way including the local distribution center and then shows when it is out for delivery and finally when it is delivery.  The package I am waiting for shows that it has left the central hub of the sender and is in transit to my local hub and that status has not changed.  Packages are not supposed to get stuck in transit and I have initiated a request for the post office to do a search for the package.  Hopefully, they will locate it but I think that realistically, the chance of that is slim.

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
  • One Day Closer To Death
Reply #11 on: April 30, 2017, 06:27:30 AM
I have seen a few of my parcels get hung up like that. I have even ordered stuff from amazon that gets sent to a facility north of me, so they actually pass my location by a good 40 miles, and then get shipped to my local post office, but maybe give it a few days and it will update, their tracking is sometimes a bit slow to update.

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #12 on: April 30, 2017, 06:51:29 AM
Sorry to hear that and I'm holding out hope it still arrives.

I have had countless packages go missing, delivered to the wrong address, or just plain stolen. It sucks every time.  :(
I'm the milk man!

Reply #13 on: April 30, 2017, 02:50:50 PM
NorCal, I was looking at the shipping dates you provided.  It appears the item may have been shipped first class.  I say this because one of my shipments had similar tracking delays (no information for quite a few days after leaving the main hub), but then it arrived around day 10 or 11.
So here's hoping for a Monday or Tuesday delivery for you!  :cheers:

us Offline NorCalJim

• No Life Club
Reply #14 on: April 30, 2017, 04:20:37 PM
Sorry to hear that and I'm holding out hope it still arrives.

I have had countless packages go missing, delivered to the wrong address, or just plain stolen. It sucks every time.  :(

Thanks Captain! 

us Offline NorCalJim

• No Life Club
Reply #15 on: April 30, 2017, 04:23:06 PM
NorCal, I was looking at the shipping dates you provided.  It appears the item may have been shipped first class.  I say this because one of my shipments had similar tracking delays (no information for quite a few days after leaving the main hub), but then it arrived around day 10 or 11.
So here's hoping for a Monday or Tuesday delivery for you!  :cheers:

I hope you are right FB! 

I really appreciate your support and encouragement.

us Offline VICMAN

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #16 on: April 30, 2017, 11:59:26 PM

Actually the USPS (United Stated Postal Service) provides a tracking number that shows the stops along the way including the local distribution center and then shows when it is out for delivery and finally when it is delivery.  The package I am waiting for shows that it has left the central hub of the sender and is in transit to my local hub and that status has not changed.  Packages are not supposed to get stuck in transit and I have initiated a request for the post office to do a search for the package.  Hopefully, they will locate it but I think that realistically, the chance of that is slim.

Still believing your package will make it...I have had several stuck in transit that eventually showed up..it is very frustrating.   :mail:

us Offline NorCalJim

• No Life Club
Reply #17 on: May 05, 2017, 09:31:59 PM
It arrived!!!

I think the arrival after such a long delay was a result of opening a post office search--thanks FB!

...either that or USPS used a tired team of aging hamsters. :)

I just loved the look of this blue Farmer as soon as I saw it and was so disappointed when I thought that it would never arrive.  I already checked it out and it looks fabulous and works great!

:mail:

nl Offline glenfiddich1983

• aka "G-Fiddle" and "Glen-Fizzle"
Reply #18 on: May 05, 2017, 09:37:57 PM
It arrived!!!

I think the arrival after such a long delay was a result of opening a post office search--thanks FB!

I just loved the look of this blue Farmer as soon as I saw it and was so disappointed when I thought that it would never arrive.  I already checked it out and it looks fabulous and works great!

:2tu: :2tu:
[--- arms length ---] (-.-) 

^-- where the cat sits

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #19 on: May 05, 2017, 09:40:45 PM
   :mail:   :woohoo:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #20 on: May 05, 2017, 09:53:39 PM
Just now seeing this thread :facepalm: Glad it had a happy ending Jim  :like: :like:

us Offline NorCalJim

• No Life Club
Reply #21 on: May 05, 2017, 10:25:16 PM
Thanks guys for the kind replies!  Steve C captured my euphoria with his emoticon choice.  :)

:mail:   :woohoo:

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #22 on: May 05, 2017, 11:18:54 PM
Great!  :cheers:
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

Reply #23 on: May 06, 2017, 02:05:23 AM
Yay!!!!!!  I had a good feeling that it would eventually show up!  :cheers:

england Offline Guardian

• Unless
Reply #24 on: May 06, 2017, 10:34:38 AM
Hurray!!!!! Can't stand bought stuff not turning up.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not."
― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #25 on: May 06, 2017, 11:42:43 AM
It arrived!!!

I know that feeling of relief quite well.  :tu: Glad to see it arrived.
We rant about Aus Post being smurf, but no post service is perfect.

us Offline VICMAN

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #26 on: May 06, 2017, 04:41:41 PM
It arrived!!!

Glad you finally got it. That is a good looking knife!  :like: :cheers:

us Offline ToolJoe

• No Life Club
Reply #27 on: May 07, 2017, 06:44:27 PM
The only issue I've had with the usps is the delayed tracking updates on their website.
I knew my wife was a keeper when she transitioned from calling it a knife thingy to a multi-tool.

I might be crazy but it's kept me from going insane- Waylon Jennings

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD