Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Hello from Toronto!

ca Offline PyroJames

• No Life Club
Hello from Toronto!
on: November 05, 2008, 10:37:13 PM
Proud SOG PowerLock owner saying hi.  Just joined today.  Any fellow Torontonians here?
This is called a Swiss Army Knife. Do you know what Switzerland is? Switzerland is a place where they don't like to fight, so they get people to do their fighting for them while they ski and eat chocolate. - Larry David

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Re: Hello from Toronto!
Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 10:40:23 PM
Not me, I'm from the UK.

Just wanted to say welcome though.  :)
I'm back!!

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #2 on: November 05, 2008, 10:41:46 PM
Also from the wrong side of the pond, but welcome aboard anyway mate :tu:
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

us Offline donvito

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: November 05, 2008, 10:52:55 PM
New York here hihi and welcome.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #4 on: November 05, 2008, 11:39:06 PM
I'm in Halifax- I moved here form Toronto about 9 years ago.  We have a few members who either live, or have lived there.

Welcome to the forum!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline Smitty44

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: November 06, 2008, 12:03:42 AM
Welcome to the forum PJ,I'm from the flatlands of Kansas,but I've been a lot of places,doe's the Pyro in your name mean that you blow thing up,or you like Pyro Sand?? :salute:

ca Offline PyroJames

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: November 06, 2008, 12:13:56 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome, guys.  I'm glad to be a part of the forums.   :)  Smitty, it's actually an old nickname from my younger days that just stayed with me.  Don't worry, I don't burn things anymore.  ;)  "Pyro Sand" is cool too.  I have something like that on my pocket pc whenever I want to kill some time.  I never knew it was called "pyro sand" though. :D
This is called a Swiss Army Knife. Do you know what Switzerland is? Switzerland is a place where they don't like to fight, so they get people to do their fighting for them while they ski and eat chocolate. - Larry David

00 Offline Freudian Frog

• No Life Club
  • I just don't know what went wrong.
Reply #7 on: November 06, 2008, 03:21:28 AM
Oh noes... more Canadians. :ahhh
Got those frog legs.

ph Offline Teofilo

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: November 06, 2008, 10:22:19 AM
Welcome to the forums, PyroJames! :cheers:

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I am geek, hear me code
Reply #9 on: November 06, 2008, 10:57:16 AM
I used to live in Toronto... but now I live in Spain...
The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.

us Offline WhichDawg

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #10 on: November 06, 2008, 10:58:38 AM
Welcome to the forum PyroJames :cheers:

I've seen Toronto on TV, that count? :P

us Offline 665ae

• Formerly known as 665ae
  • No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
Reply #11 on: November 06, 2008, 04:02:04 PM
Welcome to the forum!
If you took all the intestines out of your body and stretched them end to end... you would die.

ph Offline duckman1975

• No Life Club
  • Naked without my multitool!
Reply #12 on: November 06, 2008, 04:24:33 PM
Welcome to the forum PyroJames! Mabuhay! I'm for the Philippines.
Watch as your multitool collection grow as your bank account withers :D
Multitools are the best thing that happened to mankind since the invention of the wheel!

ca Offline PyroJames

• No Life Club
Reply #13 on: November 06, 2008, 04:52:11 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome, guys.  duckman, I know what you mean. I'm already facing a cash crunch as I now have my eyes on a few more multitool toys.  I even had to put my balisong collection on hold. (just temporarily... haha)  :D

ph Offline duckman1975

• No Life Club
Reply #14 on: November 06, 2008, 04:59:39 PM
But its all worth it the happiness it brings when using them or just cleaning them is just priceless  :D
Multitools are the best thing that happened to mankind since the invention of the wheel!

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #15 on: November 06, 2008, 05:57:49 PM
Balisong collection?  In Canada?  Shame on you....   :police:

Can you post pics?  :D

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

ca Offline PyroJames

• No Life Club
Reply #16 on: November 06, 2008, 06:22:53 PM
@ Def

I'll have to take some pics of them sometime.  It's a modest collection really... a couple of Benchmades/PC, lots of medium-end brands and lots of cheapies just for flipping.  The crown jewels to my collection though, are two genuine Batangas balis that my brother's co-worker picked up in the Phillipines.  One is a 3-inch baby kriss and the other has the traditional "eagle head" tang.  I actually have those two polished and framed on my wall.  :tu:
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 10:03:02 PM by PyroJames »

us Offline EZ822

Reply #17 on: November 06, 2008, 08:55:01 PM
Welcome. I've visited Toronto twice. Beautiful city.
Erick

Offline max6166

• No Life Club
Reply #18 on: November 06, 2008, 09:27:29 PM
I'm from Toronto! Welcome aboard, fellow Torontonian!  :cheers:
[

ph Offline duckman1975

• No Life Club
Reply #19 on: November 06, 2008, 10:57:56 PM
@ Def

I'll have to take some pics of them sometime.  It's a modest collection really... a few Benchmades, lots of medium-end brands and lots of cheapies just for flipping.  The crown jewels to my collection though, are two genuine Batangas balis that my brother's co-worker picked up in the Phillipines.  One is a 3-inch baby kriss and the other has the traditional "eagle head" tang.  I actually have those two polished and framed on my wall.  :tu:
Wow, its nice to know that one of our local products here in our country is still prized. How is the Batangas balisong compared with other international known brand like benchmades etc. My region is far srom Batangas so I have little exposure from the original Batangas Balisongs.

Offline cyberspyder

• ~007 Goodness~
Reply #20 on: November 06, 2008, 11:05:58 PM
Markham here  :D
I

ca Offline PyroJames

• No Life Club
Reply #21 on: November 07, 2008, 12:51:06 AM
@ Def

I'll have to take some pics of them sometime.  It's a modest collection really... a few Benchmades, lots of medium-end brands and lots of cheapies just for flipping.  The crown jewels to my collection though, are two genuine Batangas balis my brother's co-worker picked up from the Phillipines.  One is a 3-inch baby kriss and the other has the traditional "eagle head" tang.  I actually have those two polished and framed on my wall.  :tu:
Wow, its nice to know that one of our local products here in our country is still prized. How is the Batangas balisong compared with other international known brand like benchmades etc. My region is far srom Batangas so I have little exposure from the original Batangas Balisongs.

Duckman, the Batangas balisongs are more traditional in materials and design.  North American balisongs such as Benchmade and Cold Steel balisongs look great but they're usually made with expensive materials such as Titanium and Carbon Fiber.  They also have a more urban look with skeletonized handles, spring latches, pocket clips, etc.  Genuine [Batangas] balisongs are more traditional and prestigious in appearance.  They're usually made with solid wood handles with polished brass trim.  The blades are also shaped and polished entirely by hand.

These balisongs are also 100% handmade so their designs can be extremely simple or extremely detailed and no two are 100% identical.  The highly detailed ones really show the time and effort put into the quality which is why I treasure them so much.  Owning a genuine Filipino balisong is almost like owning a piece of art.  (The same can be said about owning any custom built knife.)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 12:52:53 AM by PyroJames »

ca Offline PyroJames

• No Life Club
Reply #22 on: November 07, 2008, 12:57:50 AM
Thanks for the welcome, max6166 and cyberspyder.  Good to see fellow GTA'ers here.  :cheers:

ph Offline duckman1975

• No Life Club
Reply #23 on: November 07, 2008, 01:42:12 AM
@ Def

I'll have to take some pics of them sometime.  It's a modest collection really... a few Benchmades, lots of medium-end brands and lots of cheapies just for flipping.  The crown jewels to my collection though, are two genuine Batangas balis my brother's co-worker picked up from the Phillipines.  One is a 3-inch baby kriss and the other has the traditional "eagle head" tang.  I actually have those two polished and framed on my wall.  :tu:

Duckman, the Batangas balisongs are more traditional in materials and design.  North American balisongs such as Benchmade and Cold Steel balisongs look great but they're usually made with expensive materials such as Titanium and Carbon Fiber.  They also have a more urban look with skeletonized handles, spring latches, pocket clips, etc.  Genuine [Batangas] balisongs are more traditional and prestigious in appearance.  They're usually made with solid wood handles with polished brass trim.  The blades are also shaped and polished entirely by hand.

These balisongs are also 100% handmade so their designs can be extremely simple or extremely detailed and no two are 100% identical.  The highly detailed ones really show the time and effort put into the quality which is why I treasure them so much.  Owning a genuine Filipino balisong is almost like owning a piece of art.  (The same can be said about owning any custom built knife.)
I very rarely venture to Batanggas but if I ever ventured there will try to find a balisong factory and will post pictures for you.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #24 on: November 07, 2008, 04:54:29 AM
Welcome to the forum PJ :salute:

ca Offline PyroJames

• No Life Club
Reply #25 on: November 07, 2008, 10:22:35 PM
Thanks for the welcome, poncho.  :cheers:

I very rarely venture to Batanggas but if I ever ventured there will try to find a balisong factory and will post pictures for you.

That would be great. Much appreciated, duckman!   :multi: <- Also looks like a balisong. :D

us Offline Splat

Reply #26 on: November 08, 2008, 01:47:14 AM
Welcome to the fold, James! I'm not from The Great White North but my favorite band RUSH is! 
Splat

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #27 on: November 08, 2008, 02:31:29 PM
Greetings! May we call you PyroJim for short? :D
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

ca Offline PyroJames

• No Life Club
Reply #28 on: November 08, 2008, 02:44:13 PM
Welcome to the fold, James! I'm not from The Great White North but my favorite band RUSH is! 
Hi Splat.  Rush is awesome.  I'm listening to them right now.

Greetings! May we call you PyroJim for short? :D

lol... sure thing, J-sews.  :tu:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%