Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

The knifeless life

mc Offline Gerhard Gerber

• No Life Club
The knifeless life
on: May 12, 2017, 01:00:28 PM
I was watching EuroBanx 3 on YT earlier this week...........my fishing has sucked so badly the last few years I've resorted to get a slight fix watching other people do it  :facepalm:

Just one quick point, watching these guys I always realise I don't like fishing THAT much, actually humbling the effort and dedication it takes to be a pro somewhere like the UK.

Anyway, 2 guys driving around Europe catching carp, and this bit that got me was while there are driving the one guy (Allen?) prepares lunch, and he uses a foil wrapper of some kind to spread the butter......"since we never have a knife....."

They have little clippers and nippers and what-all-else to make those intricate rigs, but no knife  :facepalm:

I can at least say that through the years the one occasion you were guaranteed to find a knife on me was while fishing, no matter where, no matter how dull, but present and accounted for.

What has changed is now I'm never without, never dull (the knife at least), and every time I cut something with ease, I shake my head about the knifeless years.

:salute:

no Offline Steinar

• No Life Club
Re: The knifeless life
Reply #1 on: May 12, 2017, 01:53:32 PM
I only refer to Grathr's signature. “Knivlaus mann er livlaus mann,” to put it in modern Norwegian since I don't remember the exact grammar in the version he uses. :)

(“A knifeless man is a lifeless man,” and “lifeless” is here to be understood literally.)

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #2 on: May 12, 2017, 02:03:42 PM
Speaking of, have not seen Gaute for awhile.

Nate

SEND IT!

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #3 on: May 12, 2017, 02:56:28 PM
I only refer to Grathr's signature. “Knivlaus mann er livlaus mann,” to put it in modern Norwegian since I don't remember the exact grammar in the version he uses. :)

(“A knifeless man is a lifeless man,” and “lifeless” is here to be understood literally.)
Here we say a man without a knife is no man.
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

no Offline Steinar

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: May 12, 2017, 03:25:23 PM
Speaking of, have not seen Gaute for awhile.

Last active 2017-05-07, the forum says, so I guess he's lurking.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $36.34
PayPal Fees: $1.66
Net Balance: $34.68
Below Goal: $265.32
Site Currency: USD
 12%