Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Help identifying a Case pocket knife.

DaveK · 35 · 4651

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Re: Help identifying a Case pocket knife.
Reply #30 on: October 19, 2008, 11:46:16 AM
I'd heard rumours that the quality had slipped, it's a sad day if it really has though :(
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Sing, Michael, sing. On the route of the 19 Bus!
Reply #31 on: October 19, 2008, 04:54:43 PM
Just jumping in on this thread and it is a very nice Case knife you have there Dave :drool: The newer Cases are nowhere near the quality of metal or manufacturing as that knife was :tu: There now just thrown together and shipped out as fast as they can :-\

I'd have to say that the quality of this knife is very good, but I don't know much about Case knives at all. It would be a shame if they are less bothered about quality now as I thought that they had positioned themselves as amongst the best in the market.

I used to come here a lot.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #32 on: October 20, 2008, 05:26:28 AM
Just jumping in on this thread and it is a very nice Case knife you have there Dave :drool: The newer Cases are nowhere near the quality of metal or manufacturing as that knife was :tu: There now just thrown together and shipped out as fast as they can :-\

They are still meant to be pretty impressive quality wise though.

Yeah there not that bad but I grew up with my Dad using the older Case Knives and the ones today just don't compare but that is just my opinion ;)

I was talking to a man who owns a knife store the other day though and he told me that the metal in one is not what it should be. He said that they are mainly for collecting now and not as much for using.. He told a man (that was very good at sharpening knives ) that the new Cases would take an edge and retain it.  He gave him 1 to try . So he sharpened it in the morning and by that evening (without any use that day by the way) was dull as a stick. That's not coming from me that's coming from a man who deals in Case Knives. (but that may have just been a fluke who knows)

But don't get me wrong I still like Case knives there just not as good as they use to be :)

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #33 on: October 20, 2008, 04:08:55 PM

They are still meant to be pretty impressive quality wise though.

Yeah there not that bad but I grew up with my Dad using the older Case Knives and the ones today just don't compare but that is just my opinion ;)

I was talking to a man who owns a knife store the other day though and he told me that the metal in one is not what it should be. He said that they are mainly for collecting now and not as much for using.. He told a man (that was very good at sharpening knives ) that the new Cases would take an edge and retain it.  He gave him 1 to try . So he sharpened it in the morning and by that evening (without any use that day by the way) was dull as a stick. That's not coming from me that's coming from a man who deals in Case Knives. (but that may have just been a fluke who knows)

But don't get me wrong I still like Case knives there just not as good as they use to be :)

Is that even possible?  What made it go dull?  The air?  :D
I'm back!!

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #34 on: October 21, 2008, 12:48:34 AM
I really have no idea on that one :salute: it could have been some real thick air ::) Of course he was an older knife trader and you know how they tend to exaggerate.  Who knows the other man may have run the knife through a grinder :D :D :D  My only real point is that a knife like Dave has got is better than one just like it made today ;) :D

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%