Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Gerber 650 evolution military tech kit, Who knows where to find one?

00 Offline Staylo65

Hey all,

I've been searching for months now with no luck on finding a Gerber 650 evolution military tech kit.  Anyone know a place where one may be available.  Feel free to move this to a more appropriate channel if needed.

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Hey all,

I've been searching for months now with no luck on finding a Gerber 650 evolution military tech kit.  Anyone know a place where one may be available.  Feel free to move this to a more appropriate channel if needed.

Well, I bet you'd be luckier asking on the Gerber subforum,
or opening a thread in the "Want To Buy (Tools Needed)" section of the forum to see if anyone has what you're after.

In any case, I've seen some pop on the eBay the lasts months, I don't know if there is presently one of those, but they've popped up for auction the last year many times.
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
I would go with all the suggestions above made by ThePeacent  :salute: I don't actively search for many Gerbers myself but I know he does :tu:

Good luck with the search  :tu:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
fact is, I started a thread on the EDC Swap Shope yesterday looking and asking for many Gerber models, but I've had no replies as of yet!  :cry:
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

au Offline gregozedobe

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Did you want the "full" military kit with all the different plier heads ?  If so, you will likely be in for a long (and expensive) search.  The last full kit I have recorded sold for U$ 400 in may 2016 (but I have an idea a more recent one sold for even more). 

Partial kits (handles and 1 or 2 heads) come up more often and usually sell for less, while the individual plier heads are sometimes available too, so you may be able to build up most of the full kit - except for the SS CC/EOD needle nose plier head, AFAIK That was only ever sold as part of the full kit (in the big soft nylon case). 

It is easy to modify std MP600 plier heads to fit the MP650 handles by grinding off a small amount of metal from the retaining pins.  So that is another potential source of the different plier heads (but not cheap in the case of the Fisherman/Technician and Cable Cutter heads).  Note that the Cable Cutter heads are only suitable for cutting soft copper cables, anything harder will probably damage the cutting surfaces.

What exactly were you looking for (and why) ?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 03:36:37 PM by gregozedobe »
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
They are hard to find. I had to look a little long and hard for mine which I bought back in 2009/10.

Here are a few reference photos for you taken today.

Note the large soft case is above the two different MP650s. One has the spring arms which hold the pliers a little open.

And a closer look at the 5 different plier heads.

Hope you find one at a good price.
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

00 Offline Staylo65

I'm looking just so I can add to my ever growing collection of multi-tools.  I would prefer to find the whole military kit, not just  the evolution kit.  I guess I'll just keep an eye out for now on ebay.  Thanks for the help all.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Best of luck in your search- I have been collecting multitools for over a decade and I only have the 2 headed version.   :ahhh

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

au Offline gregozedobe

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
I'm looking just so I can add to my ever growing collection of multi-tools.  I would prefer to find the whole military kit, not just  the evolution kit.  I guess I'll just keep an eye out for now on ebay.  Thanks for the help all.

Depending on your location, here is a chance to make a start on building up a kit.  This US seller is offering the Technician head (super long needle nose pliers, same as on Gerber MP600 Fisherman) for only $20.00, that is as cheap as I've ever seen them:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201920497278

The MP650 handles usually come with std needle nose (not EOD/CC) and blunt nose plier heads.
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

us Offline MusicMen

• No Life Club
  • 21 Badges for Eagle
BUCK: X-Tract, 360
GERBER: Clutch, Shortcut, Dime*, DimE*, Octane & Crucial FAST
MP600 NN, CentreDrive, Grappler
Diesel*, Nickle*, Bullrush, MP600 BN, Flik & MP600DET* all in BO
LEATHERMAN: Skeletool, Style PS, CS, ES* & Style*, Juice S2(X2), SC2, C2, Pro, XE6
Crunch, MTO Style CS, Sideclip, BO Kick*
SOG: PowerAccess, Blacktip*, HD PPP
VICTORINOX: SwissTool Std, X(CS), & RS all with red logo, Spirit XBS
*=mod

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20