Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Gerber dual force

Tsquare · 99 · 10306

gb Offline SurgeUk

• No Life Club
Re: Gerber dual force
Reply #90 on: June 13, 2022, 07:38:19 PM
My experiences with Gerber and with Chinese MTs have been positive overall, so I personally was not deterred that they are made in China.

And my limited experience with the Dual Force has been very positive, but it only consists of carrying and using the MT for 3 or 4 days.

I do understand being cautious. It is somewhat expensive, and I imagine being an ocean away makes using the warranty a hassle.

Thanks for your thoughts Adam  :cheers:

TBF It's not a lot of money (I've spent £400 + on 2 Vic' MXBS MTs  ::)) So it's not that bad  :whistle:

The warranty isn't much of an issue either as it appears that GerberUK have free postage through Fiskars  :dunno:

I'm just loathe to give my hard earned to China and then be unhappy. I must check where my MP600 is from  :think:

They don't like it up 'em!

pr Offline Juan el Boricua

• No Life Club
Reply #91 on: June 14, 2022, 02:43:33 AM
Surge, if yours is of the new shield variant and does not have the "USA" stamped in a handle, it probably has "chinese DNA"; although boxed examples state that the tool is "made in USA", the cardboard/display package models state "Built in USA from global materials" which, is the current state. I've no regrets and think of them as solid tools.

20220613_203343.jpg
* 20220613_203343.jpg (Filesize: 143.63 KB)

20220613_203026_copy_648x1081.jpg
* 20220613_203026_copy_648x1081.jpg (Filesize: 423.02 KB)

gb Offline Crunchie64

Reply #92 on: June 19, 2022, 07:06:09 AM
Thanks for your thoughts Adam  :cheers:

TBF It's not a lot of money (I've spent £400 + on 2 Vic' MXBS MTs  ::)) So it's not that bad  :whistle:

The warranty isn't much of an issue either as it appears that GerberUK have free postage through Fiskars  :dunno:

I'm just loathe to give my hard earned to China and then be unhappy. I must check where my MP600 is from  :think:

@Surge did you buy a Dual Force?

I’m in the UK and I’m trying to decide between another Leatherman (most likely a Supertool) and the Dual Force.

gb Offline SurgeUk

• No Life Club
Reply #93 on: June 19, 2022, 05:04:05 PM

@Surge did you buy a Dual Force?

I’m in the UK and I’m trying to decide between another Leatherman (most likely a Supertool) and the Dual Force.

No, I haven't bought one yet (it's been a VERY expensive month :ahhh)

I might see how things are in July  :dunno:

gb Offline Crunchie64

Reply #94 on: June 19, 2022, 05:17:25 PM
Someone has!

I nearly bought one in the early hours of the morning from the site you found them on.

This afternoon? Out of stock!

I had to buy a like-new Supertool 300 from a UK Leatherman Facebook group to console myself :whistle:

gb Offline SurgeUk

• No Life Club
Reply #95 on: June 19, 2022, 05:32:29 PM
Someone has!

I nearly bought one in the early hours of the morning from the site you found them on.

This afternoon? Out of stock!

I had to buy a like-new Supertool 300 from a UK Leatherman Facebook group to console myself :whistle:

Me and my big mouth  :facepalm: :rofl:

gb Offline Crunchie64

Reply #96 on: June 19, 2022, 05:40:45 PM
As long as the culprit owns up and reviews it here, I suppose it’s okay.

gb Offline Crunchie64

Reply #97 on: June 26, 2022, 07:06:41 AM
We’ll, I’ve added a Dual Force to my collection in the same week as a Supertool 300, so I’ll be having a lot of fun testing them out on the same tasks to see which I prefer.

For now, a group photo with the rest of the heavy duty section of my multitool herd.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #98 on: Today at 05:54:32 AM
This appears to be a hard one to find around here. I tried to get the local Canadian Tire to get me one to no avail. Looks like they might have a few coming in early July, but based on what I have seen so far, I will believe it to see it. I do want this one bad.
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $345.00
PayPal Fees: $19.32
Net Balance: $325.68
Above Goal: $25.68