Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Anyone seen this super tool pouch ?

Zed · 37 · 1486

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Re: Anyone seen this super tool pouch ?
Reply #30 on: May 28, 2017, 07:01:32 AM
That was my starter, before I learned about lumens and how maglite didn't have many.. after using that so many times I had to put a snap on it because the Velcro wore out, I still have it, there's another one made for maglite that's a leather one, I had that too but ended up giving it away..
JR

Yeah maglites in this day and age well out lumened ,my mini has a led conversion and works ok,I just like my maglites  :D I still need to mod my Dcell mags but no extra funds at the moment ,like that leather pouch JR  :salute:
I did the same, I switched out the bulb to a high powered led, but then went a little further, I took off the bezel and put on a defensive one, sharp little thing too!
JR

Great mods JR  :salute: mine's just got a drop in led but works great for what I need   :tu:

us Offline ThundahBeagle

• No Life Club
Reply #31 on: June 18, 2017, 12:04:54 AM
Zed

Looks like sometime  late 90's or very early 2000's, around the time of OST end of production, Leatherman and Mag Lite allowed Costco to have Diversified Re-Packaging put together a combo kit containing an Original Super Tool, a Mini Mag-Lite, batteries, and that modified sheathed to hold them.

I am guessing it was Costco because I have one of those, and everything  is still in the original packaging - untouched by human hands presumably since around 2001 when OST ended production - and the batteries are Kirkland...Costco's own brand.
IMG_0471.JPG
* IMG_0471.JPG (Filesize: 125.63 KB)

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #32 on: June 18, 2017, 12:10:06 AM
Zed

Looks like sometime  late 90's or very early 2000's, around the time of OST end of production, Leatherman and Mag Lite allowed Costco to have Diversified Re-Packaging put together a combo kit containing an Original Super Tool, a Mini Mag-Lite, batteries, and that modified sheathed to hold them.

I am guessing it was Costco because I have one of those, and everything  is still in the original packaging - untouched by human hands presumably since around 2001 when OST ended production - and the batteries are Kirkland...Costco's own brand.

Thanks for all the info mate  :salute: that's a great collecable you have there  :salute:

us Offline ThundahBeagle

• No Life Club
Reply #33 on: June 18, 2017, 12:21:31 AM
Zed

Yes sir, thank you. It is NOS / NIP. Didn't know it was collectable until I saw your post looking for it. I only bought it for the OST, and while waiting for it, bought  another one, unused in the original purple box. That one has nylon sheath, but no flashlight holder, so I carry that and keep the one you are looking for just sitting in the package in a drawer.

Just sitting there...

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #34 on: June 18, 2017, 08:29:31 AM
Zed

Yes sir, thank you. It is NOS / NIP. Didn't know it was collectable until I saw your post looking for it. I only bought it for the OST, and while waiting for it, bought  another one, unused in the original purple box. That one has nylon sheath, but no flashlight holder, so I carry that and keep the one you are looking for just sitting in the package in a drawer.

Just sitting there...

Lol i can't buy stuff sealed as always want to open it and use it  :rofl: although I'm more of a user than a collector so tend to only get used MT's , the OG ST is one of my favourites  :salute:

us Offline ThundahBeagle

• No Life Club
Reply #35 on: June 18, 2017, 02:17:39 PM
Ditto I am not a collector. I buy with intent to use. That being said, I am older school more than new school, so I try to find those items that are New Old Stock, and in the box if possible. That way I can get yet another old school device for me to use, but in as near perfect condition as possible.

Just in this case, I thought one buy was going to fall through, so I happened  see the other one and bought it. Then the other sale worked out, and I though I should grab it because it is so different.

Not married to the LeatherMag, though. It's just here through happenstance.

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #36 on: June 18, 2017, 02:57:50 PM
Ditto I am not a collector. I buy with intent to use. That being said, I am older school more than new school, so I try to find those items that are New Old Stock, and in the box if possible. That way I can get yet another old school device for me to use, but in as near perfect condition as possible.

Just in this case, I thought one buy was going to fall through, so I happened  see the other one and bought it. Then the other sale worked out, and I though I should grab it because it is so different.

Not married to the LeatherMag, though. It's just here through happenstance.

:salute:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD