Multitool.org Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Used SAKs are cheap 621

Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 8,154
Used SAKs are cheap
« on: June 12, 2017, 06:00:19 PM »
Hey folks, just wanted to highlight the fact that buying SAKs in lots off the bay is a quick and affordable way to get all kinds of cool and dc'd SAKS.  Often times these lots only have a pic or two, but usually they're under $20 for 3+ SAKs. The more you educate yourself about SAKs, the easier it is to find smokin' deals.  Here's a little video I made describing one of my more lucky experiences doing this:

https://youtu.be/O55mRnaCGGA
 :salute:

“All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.” - Mark Twain
Full Member Posts: 199
Re: Used SAKs are cheap
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2017, 06:13:26 PM »
 :like: :like: :like:
Very nice presentation !
Thanks for sharing !

Shalom
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2017, 06:23:09 PM »
:like: :like: :like:
Very nice presentation !
Thanks for sharing !

Shalom

Thanks for watching!  :hatsoff:  :cheers:

“All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.” - Mark Twain
Zombie Apprentice Posts: 14,648
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2017, 08:49:26 PM »
Not on "our bay" as far as I can tell...
Even a Tinker costs around €20 here... :'(
Zombie Apprentice Posts: 19,555

Zed gb

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2017, 08:53:26 PM »
Sadly not on eBay uk as not allowed  :-[ I still remember those great days of buying knives in eBay   :'(
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2017, 10:45:19 PM »
Sadly not on eBay uk as not allowed  :-[ I still remember those great days of buying knives in eBay   :'(

I see.

Well, I'll be happy to be your middle man any time.   You need a Tink, Mech?    I run into used SAKs all the time. Lmk if you want/need something.
 :cheers:

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2017, 10:46:41 PM »
Can't you still purchase on eBay if you don't use their shipping?

Zombie Apprentice Posts: 19,555

Zed gb

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2017, 10:55:00 PM »
Can't you still purchase on eBay if you don't use their shipping?

Not sure as never done it  :think: although some people want shop to the uk because of shopping problems,although I've never had a issue personaly  :tu:
Sr. Member Posts: 430 Hello world. I'm Vinícius!
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2017, 03:40:26 AM »
Never tried eBay... No idea if there's even a Brazil eBay or if it just translates international stuff

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

Uni student, environmental activist (yes, I'm that annoying guy that mentions climate change every third minute), motorcyclist.
Global Moderator Just Bananas Posts: 66,833
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2017, 04:01:07 AM »
Never tried eBay... No idea if there's even a Brazil eBay or if it just translates international stuff

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

More than likely there is a Brazil Ebay :salute: Don't know about restrictions there as with the UK though :think:

I remember when they banned things of this nature on Ebay UK and our members here had a very bad day over this :-\ I really did feel bad that this happened to them :facepalm:
Zombie Apprentice Posts: 14,648
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2017, 07:35:48 AM »

I see.

Well, I'll be happy to be your middle man any time.   You need a Tink, Mech?    I run into used SAKs all the time. Lmk if you want/need something.
 :cheers:
Well the rotating display was just bought for show, but when I was looking at it last weekend I was like "why not put 1 of every type displayed on each shelf"

So I started looking for the ones on there I don't have...

A Tinker: can be found on Ebay for €8... €14 shipping?? :ahhh

Local second hand site: altimeter: €80 :think:

Also on that site: Rucksack: €30

The plan of filling the shelves is noy going to work, OR it's going to cost me... :(
No Life Club Posts: 1,320
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2017, 01:58:13 PM »

Totally understand you mate, here is the same thing.
And for the used ones, unless you buy locally (hand delivery) from an honest seller that sells for a fair price, the shipping costs are most times not worth the effort  :(

That's why 90% of the sak's i have are bought new on Vic dealers at normal street prices.

A current normal street price for a new current Tinker/small tinker, Spartan/Tourist/Sportsman is around €20, a three layer will go for round 30€, and so on...
It's roughly the same as buying a used one that has shipping fees, so why bother... Rather buy them new in the store, unless i want specific used older model, and i'm ready to pay the premium (which usually i'm not...  :-\)

Some 10 year's ago was a great time to buy used sak's from the US, either in lot's or individual ones, shipping fees where cheap enough. These days is almost impossible, buying something used for $8 and paying $20 or more for the shipping is crazy...  :facepalm:

BTW El' C, loved the video mate :cheers:
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 02:11:48 PM by MacGyver »

"Another Day...; a whole n'other set of fresh possibilities..." - MacGyver (S1E19 - "Slow Death")

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
August Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Total Receipts: $10.66
PayPal Fees: $0.63
Net Balance: $10.03
Below Goal: $289.97
Site Currency: USD
 3%