Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Affix pocket clips with glue to MT handles ????

us Offline eodtech

• No Life Club
  • Rule #9 - Never go anywhere without a knife.
Affix pocket clips with glue to MT handles ????
on: October 15, 2008, 07:24:25 AM
After my afternoon spent drilling a stainless steel LM pocket clip I've been looking at other "possible" solutions to attach a pocket clip to a MT handle.

E6000 glue may just work - it's biggest strength is its strength, even when trying to glue metal to metal.
If used properly, it's very unlikely a human will be able to pry the two pieces of metal apart anytime in the next few years.

It may not be a solution in all cases but I am sure in some situations E6000 glue may be an easier and better solution than drilling s/s.

Just a thought - any comments or other ideas come to mind??

E6000 Glue homepage

I have used Gorilla glue ( which is meant for repairs on dissimilar surfaces ) so it's not a viable metal to metal solution.

I need to go scrounge some old metal parts and see what can be done with this E6000 glue, as well as write Customer Service and see if they will spring for a bottle.

Stay tuned.

UPDATE: I did write a letter to makers of E6000 glue and explained "my" problems and invited them to join in this discussion and possibly offer some solutions on attaching pocket clips to MT's - WITHOUT - drilling hole into s/s.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 08:12:14 AM by eodtech »
Why do I carry a 45 ?
Because they don't make a 46 !

00 Offline RaptorMan

• No Life Club
Re: Affix pocket clips with glue to MT handles ????
Reply #1 on: October 15, 2008, 02:57:44 PM
A small amount of epoxy maybe? I know its used in foam and plastic molds and they are heated to over 200 degrees and used thousands of times.

us Offline Splat

Reply #2 on: October 15, 2008, 05:16:26 PM
PL Premium construction adhesive is the cat's ass. I've used that stuff on everything from wood, metal, stone, plastics, ceramics, glass, in applications ranging from PA speaker cabinets to fixing ceramic figures. This is the stuff I use http://www.stickwithpl.com/Products/detail.asp?PLProductID=14 and I highly recommend it. MOF, when I get my StayGlow scales from Felinevet for my Cybertool I'm going to use this stuff on it. Just a very tiny bit should do the trick.
Splat

scotland Offline Sea Monster

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: October 15, 2008, 09:27:04 PM
I'd probably go with some epoxy mixeroos.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%