Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Leatherman has no warranty in Bulgaria !

il Offline pomsbz

• No Life Club
Re: Leatherman has no warranty in Bulgaria !
Reply #30 on: September 15, 2017, 03:16:53 PM
Leatherman has made it clear to us that we get the same warranty as in US.  Stores that managed taking warranty tools to service centre for their customers were charging 5 sheqel handling fee, about one dollar, and Leatherman frowned on that. Put pressure on the home office. They tend to very good customer service. Maybe Bulgaria is a small market, but still...

A certain famous gear/knife reviewer specifically mentioned buying a broken Leatherman at a military surplus store. The proprietor was wise to him and charged him assuming the customer would invoke the warranty. Shady business? Can Leatherman tell production year from the tool? Hmmm.

I hope this works out for you. We have had a problem with slowness with Leatherman Israel, and Leatherman Oregon HQ has gotten involved with facilitating replacement, and even compensation in the form of another free tool. But mostly the store where the tool was purchased manages service problems with the Leatherman rep.  I agree they should be more seamless internationally with one service standard.

20 shekel here (Jerusalem) and two months till it comes back. Had to cause a big fuss with Leatherman USA for them to ensure that a dealer would even accept the tool despite me not having bought it from them.

I replaced the blade and pliers on my skeletool myself because it was less hassle than dealing with the warranty service.
"It is better to lose health like a spendthrift than to waste it like a miser." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $168.99
PayPal Fees: $9.87
Net Balance: $159.12
Below Goal: $140.88
Site Currency: USD
53%