Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Morakniv Bushcraft Triflex passaround

Grathr · 176 · 5411

hr Offline styx

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Morakniv Bushcraft Triflex passaround
Reply #90 on: July 29, 2017, 04:07:16 PM
Nice. Both really wanted to bite, huh?
Solving problems you didn't know you had in the most obscure way possible

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

no Offline Grathr

Reply #91 on: July 29, 2017, 04:14:29 PM
 :like:
-Knívleysur maður er lívleysur maður.
 "A Knifeless man is a lifeless man" old Faroese proverb.

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #92 on: July 29, 2017, 04:20:26 PM
Nice Zed! Your mod seems to do well. Nice pics also. How are you liking the Triflex?
Nate

SEND IT!

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #93 on: July 29, 2017, 07:54:00 PM
Both types of grind don't need too much effort to cut,scandi less so with fine feathering and little Gautes convex cuts that wet wood like butter  :tu: impressed with both knives,the Tiflex is very comfy in the hand and good balance and control,very good knife, weather permitting me and the girks will make a bow drill next week and just use the Triflex  :salute:

no Offline Grathr

Reply #94 on: July 30, 2017, 05:50:09 PM
:popcorn:

How is the edge holding up?

hr Offline styx

Reply #95 on: July 30, 2017, 06:46:31 PM
Would you consider it a good companion knife (with larger tools), back up knife (to a main knife) or a knife that can stand alone with a saw during the warmer months?

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #96 on: July 30, 2017, 07:21:20 PM
Gaute the edge seems to be holding up well,before I send it on I'll strop it and give it a little polish up as still surprised about the patina  :D I guess you need to treat it more like carbon steel  :tu:

Styx I would be happy with this as my main knife but then I do like my Moras and my 2000 is kind of my main knife while camping but I've always a khukuri and a folder in my pocket and a #1 in my pack ,but if I just had to have one knife this would be fine, of course you would need a chopping tool as I wouldn't batton with it but I generally don't batton anyway  :tu: this knife notched with not too much pressure and comfy,feathers well,the convex on little Gauge does cut thick chunks pretty easy but not so great at fine feathering like the Triflex scandi but I kind of thought that would happen as my MOD knife has a convex grind and it's better at chopping and thick slicing,a bit like comparing a opinel thin slicing blade to a axes chopping ability if that makes sense  :D
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 07:23:10 PM by Zed »

hr Offline styx

Reply #97 on: July 30, 2017, 08:08:21 PM
So you're saying I should start saving up for a khukuri? Ok, read you loud and clear boss

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #98 on: July 30, 2017, 08:27:34 PM
So you're saying I should start saving up for a khukuri? Ok, read you loud and clear boss

You know you want one  ;)

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #99 on: July 30, 2017, 09:14:08 PM

Yes, yes I do.
Nate

SEND IT!

hr Offline styx

Reply #100 on: July 30, 2017, 09:25:36 PM

I wasn't clear on that?

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #101 on: July 30, 2017, 09:43:45 PM

I wasn't clear on that?

That you need a khukuri  :D

hr Offline styx

Reply #102 on: July 30, 2017, 10:02:34 PM

I wasn't clear on that?

Ofc I need a khukri. And a karambit style knife. And body armor. And holy water, a stake and oregano.... oh and one of those CS shovels

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #103 on: July 30, 2017, 10:28:06 PM

I wasn't clear on that?

Ofc I need a khukri. And a karambit style knife. And body armor. And holy water, a stake and oregano.... oh and one of those CS shovels

My wife always says you might want it but do you need it  :facepalm: she just doesn't understand  :D although I could say this with her handbag obsession  ;)

hr Offline styx

Reply #104 on: July 30, 2017, 10:42:07 PM

I wasn't clear on that?

My wife always says you might want it but do you need it  :facepalm: she just doesn't understand  :D although I could say this with her handbag obsession  ;)

The realist in me will argue that it is a more inexpensive choice between getting a hatchet, an ax and a clever.
The paranoid smurf will kindly remind your wife that I've got a few exes (and their families) that would prefer to see my behind under a bus

us Offline zrxoa1

• No Life Club
Reply #105 on: July 30, 2017, 10:54:10 PM
My next knife purchase might be the Karambit that Doug Marcaida helped design...  :drool:

http://www.theultimateknife.com/FOX-DART-XT-Tanto-Black-G10-Fighting-Knife-Emerson-Wave-Size-M--XL_p_51.html

Tanto for me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #106 on: July 30, 2017, 10:55:53 PM

I wasn't clear on that?

The realist in me will argue that it is a more inexpensive choice between getting a hatchet, an ax and a clever.
The paranoid smurf will kindly remind your wife that I've got a few exes (and their families) that would prefer to see my behind under a bus

:D  There never understand,although my lovely wife just leaves me to it as I don't drink or smoke (often  ;)) so she knows I enjoy knives and MT's  :tu:

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #107 on: July 30, 2017, 10:57:03 PM
My next knife purchase might be the Karambit that Doug Marcaida helped design...  :drool:

http://www.theultimateknife.com/FOX-DART-XT-Tanto-Black-G10-Fighting-Knife-Emerson-Wave-Size-M--XL_p_51.html

Tanto for me!

(Image removed from quote.)

Interesting with the tanto blade  :tu: you really need this I can tell  ;)

hr Offline styx

Reply #108 on: July 31, 2017, 08:06:01 AM

Tanto for me!

saw it and I gotta say it looks interesting. you can always argue it is just to slice bacon and the ring helps your grip if it gets slippery.

I wasn't clear on that?

:D  There never understand,although my lovely wife just leaves me to it as I don't drink or smoke (often  ;)) so she knows I enjoy knives and MT's  :tu:

Don't forget to thank your lucky stars to have such a wife. Also you got daughters, right? Well they are all the reasons in the world you need a few more khukuris

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #109 on: July 31, 2017, 08:20:07 AM

Tanto for me!

saw it and I gotta say it looks interesting. you can always argue it is just to slice bacon and the ring helps your grip if it gets slippery.

I wasn't clear on that?

Don't forget to thank your lucky stars to have such a wife. Also you got daughters, right? Well they are all the reasons in the world you need a few more khukuris

Yeah 3 daughters so defantly need a few boyfriend scaring knives  :rofl:

hr Offline styx

Reply #110 on: July 31, 2017, 10:43:28 AM

Tanto for me!

I wasn't clear on that?

And shovels to burry the bodies. And a few crossbows. Maybe a moat

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #111 on: July 31, 2017, 10:59:07 AM

Tanto for me!

I wasn't clear on that?

:rofl: I've a few shovels  ;)

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #112 on: July 31, 2017, 11:22:32 AM

Tanto for me!

I wasn't clear on that?

When they come calling, just make sure you are setting on the porch sharpening one of those Khukuri and tell them 'I ain't afraid to go back to prison'
Nate

SEND IT!

hr Offline styx

Reply #113 on: July 31, 2017, 12:57:38 PM

Tanto for me!

I wasn't clear on that?

When they come calling, just make sure you are setting on the porch sharpening one of those Khukuri and tell them 'I ain't afraid to go back to prison'

"What ever you do to my little angel I'll do to you" also works for that.
And you might have a few shovels but are any of them military e-tools?

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #114 on: July 31, 2017, 02:05:17 PM

Tanto for me!

I wasn't clear on that?

"What ever you do to my little angel I'll do to you" also works for that.
And you might have a few shovels but are any of them military e-tools?

:rofl:  I've a military folding shovel with a saw on one side of it  :tu: although I'm pretty scary looking so if that don't work ill grab a sword or something equily big  :rofl:

no Offline Grathr

Reply #115 on: July 31, 2017, 05:51:34 PM
:rofl:

hr Offline styx

Reply #116 on: July 31, 2017, 06:08:22 PM
Now you're thinking. Nothing like a little murder talk to get the creative juices flowing

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #117 on: July 31, 2017, 07:14:31 PM
 :rofl: Well we do like knives on here and most of us are pretty handy with one  ;) just don't tell the uk police  :whistle:  :rofl:

hr Offline styx

Reply #118 on: July 31, 2017, 07:23:52 PM
Well you could always read up on The mad trapper of Rat river

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #119 on: August 29, 2017, 12:11:59 PM
Ok guys sorry for delay on this ,I'll be sending it out at the end id the week ,the package will have a little extra added,the next person can keep it or pass it on whatever they like  :salute: thanks again for Gaute for the pass around  :salute: I have used the Triflex on a few projects including yesterday's handle project,the knife performed brilliantly,it's a very comfy Mora in the hand and could use it for hours,I hope the next user enjoys it,just watch the blade as it patinas very easily  :D I would say faster than the carbon blade, although I like that as adds character  :tu:
2017-08-28 15.40.23.jpg
* 2017-08-28 15.40.23.jpg (Filesize: 302.36 KB)
2017-08-28 15.40.56.jpg
* 2017-08-28 15.40.56.jpg (Filesize: 294.6 KB)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%