Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Joe the "friggin" plumber

us Offline eodtech

• No Life Club
  • Rule #9 - Never go anywhere without a knife.
Joe the "friggin" plumber
on: October 16, 2008, 10:46:07 PM
Joe is concerned about his tax liability because  Obama is going to tax individuals / small businesses who have earned income over $250,000.00. This should not be Joe's concern since he has a lien on his house for back tax debts of $1200.00. Now let me get this straight he's planning on making more that $250,000.00 and cant pay $1200 in back taxes. Joe, a word of advice " BUDGET" your $$$$.

Joe the Plumber said Thursday he doesn't have a license and doesn't need one. Joe Wurzelbacher, said he works for a small plumbing company that does residential work.
Because he works for someone else, he doesn't need a license, he said.

However, the county Wurzelbacher and his employer live in, Lucas County, requires plumbers to have licenses.
Neither Wurzelbacher nor his employer are licensed there, said Cheryl Schimming of Lucas County Building Regulations, which handles plumber licenses in parts of the county outside Toledo.

This  JTP  story is about 1/2 a bubble off of plumb(er).

LINK  =  http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=ak7GnW2GiKF4&refer=home

The plot thickens, like sewerage.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 11:23:09 PM by eodtech »
Why do I carry a 45 ?
Because they don't make a 46 !

us Offline WhichDawg

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Joe the "friggin" plumber
Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 10:58:00 PM
lol! yeah I think if Joe were making +250,000.00$ he'd have someone else do the work!
 ::) <---McCain  :D

scotland Offline Sea Monster

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 11:37:30 PM
I'm going to buy a very special star-spangled knife for stabbing the next person who discusses politicians, plumbers, or speaks in a texan accent near me.  >:(

us Offline ducktapehero

• No Life Club
  • Plants should be smoked, not eaten.
Reply #3 on: October 17, 2008, 12:07:05 AM
I hate politicians. I hate how the Republicans and Democrats are pointing fingers at each other on who's to blame for this mess. I'm sorry but a mess this big wasn't done by just one party. Both parties are to blame.

I wish Americans would start voting en masse for 3rd parties. Let the Greens, Libertarians, and the folks in the Constitution party run things for a while.

Myself? I'm voting for.........myself.
http://ducksrandomthoughts.blogspot.com - or follow me on Twitter- @ducksthoughts

It's hard to say nipple without smirking.

us Offline WhichDawg

Reply #4 on: October 17, 2008, 12:29:46 AM
I've voted for 3rd parties before, and all I did was let the Rep get control of everything!
They luv 3rd parties.

In a CNN poll, it said that 80% of the Republicans were pointing fingers and attacking
opposed to 7% of the Dems (look at some of the avatars here in this forum as proof!).

but I also believe both parties are to blame for our hard times and I wish they "ALL"
would work together for "EVERYBODY!" like they are suppose too.

Offline cgk

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: October 17, 2008, 12:42:55 AM
The problem isn't at the White House level, its in the congress.  The depressing thing is, it would be nearly impossible to elect enough third party candidates into to congress to change anything.  As far as the President goes....democrat, republican...I have lived through a few of each...nothing for me has changed one bit...THEY'RE ALL THE SAME. 

us Offline WhichDawg

Reply #6 on: October 17, 2008, 01:45:54 AM
Canada just voted (Prime Minister)! Speaking of same ole! "Ohhh Canadaaaaa...." (I luv that song)
I didn't know they were so conservative! :think:

ph Offline duckman1975

• No Life Club
  • Naked without my multitool!
Reply #7 on: October 17, 2008, 04:39:18 AM
Wish somebody would make a poll on the US presidential election here in this forum....... How many Americans are there in this forum?
Multitools are the best thing that happened to mankind since the invention of the wheel!

us Offline ducktapehero

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: October 17, 2008, 04:42:23 AM
Since America won't vote 3rd party the next best thing is to have a President that's one party, a Senate that's 60% the other party and a House of Representatives that's split about 50-50. The more they fight and bicker amongst themselves the less damage they can do to our rights. 
http://ducksrandomthoughts.blogspot.com - or follow me on Twitter- @ducksthoughts

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: October 17, 2008, 09:31:30 AM
The more they fight and bicker amongst themselves the less damage they can do to our rights. 

You'd think so wouldn't you...

I'm not much for rights though, power goes to those who wield it, if you don't fight for what you want, your so called "Rights" will be taken away.

us Offline ducktapehero

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: October 17, 2008, 05:06:21 PM
if you don't fight for what you want, your so called "Rights" will be taken away.
That's true. As Tom said...

""The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
  --  Thomas Jefferson

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: October 17, 2008, 09:34:07 PM
On re-reading, I'm not sure I was specific enough in my meaning.

You get "rights" by exerting power, even if only briefly - it might keep the next person to have power on their toes enough to let you keep what you made to stop you from trying to exert power again.

if that makes any sense.

Anyway, back to plumbing.

ph Offline duckman1975

• No Life Club
  • Naked without my multitool!
Reply #12 on: October 19, 2008, 01:40:35 AM
Aah that lucky guy, instant celebrity status if I were Joe I'm gonna milk it for all its worth. :D
Multitools are the best thing that happened to mankind since the invention of the wheel!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $77.16
PayPal Fees: $3.91
Net Balance: $73.25
Below Goal: $226.75
Site Currency: USD
24%