Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Victorinox To Manufacture Swiss Army Knives For U.S. Soldiers

id Offline jaya_man

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Hi Blackglass... welcome to the forums...

The US Combat Utility Knife has been out since last year... There's also another thread about this:

https://forum.multitool.org/index.php?topic=69484

Unless things have changed over the course of the year, US CUK is not issued to soldiers but is available for them to purchase.

Sales is also limited to military, law enforcement and federal agency personnel.

I wonder why there's a new wave of press coverage this time when US CUK is already a year old... Could it be that sales numbers are not satisfactory?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ch Offline Sneider

• No Life Club
I wonder why there's a new wave of press coverage this time when US CUK is already a year old... Could it be that sales numbers are not satisfactory?

Not the knife is new.
This month, the US Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) has taken this knife in its official order list.
Victorinox is now official supplier of the US Army. For non-American manufacturers it is very difficult to get to the list of DLA.

Financially, the deal is limited, but I think in the long term it will be a big image profit.
If you want to be happy, be.
(Leo Tolstoy)

id Offline jaya_man

• Global Moderator

Not the knife is new.
This month, the US Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) has taken this knife in its official order list.
Victorinox is now official supplier of the US Army. For non-American manufacturers it is very difficult to get to the list of DLA.

Financially, the deal is limited, but I think in the long term it will be a big image profit.
Hasn't it been in DLA's list since last year?

ch Offline Sneider

• No Life Club

Not the knife is new.

Hasn't it been in DLA's list since last year?

Last year, the DLA awarded a so-called National Stock Number (NSN) to the Victorinox knife - which is the prerequisite for the knife to be ordered by the US armed forces. But now it is in the official order list.

Everything written in the newspaper reports  ::)
If you want to be happy, be.
(Leo Tolstoy)

id Offline jaya_man

• Global Moderator
Ahh... makes sense... Thanks for the info

id Offline jaya_man

• Global Moderator
Just found this on youtube... Apparently now meant to replace the demo knife...

One thing the guy on the vid said which I found confusing is switchblades not allowed in certain states... for a civilian this applies.. But for military personnel?

Anyway, this is certainly good news for Victorinox...

Offline Sparkey

• Road Monkey

One thing the guy on the vid said which I found confusing is switchblades not allowed in certain states... for a civilian this applies.. But for military personnel?

I think he was referring to soldiers carrying them off duty and off base, which could lead to problems. (At least in the eyes of their superiors).

"

id Offline jaya_man

• Global Moderator

I think he was referring to soldiers carrying them off duty and off base, which could lead to problems. (At least in the eyes of their superiors).

Thanks for the clarification Sparkey :cheers:

nl Offline glenfiddich1983

• aka "G-Fiddle" and "Glen-Fizzle"
Maybe if soldiers start ordering these and they become more common, they will also become easier to get for us collectors  :cheers:
[--- arms length ---] (-.-) 

^-- where the cat sits

Offline Sparkey

• Road Monkey
Maybe if soldiers start ordering these and they become more common, they will also become easier to get for us collectors  :cheers:
The old camillus knives were pretty easy to come across, so hopefully the same will hold true for these.

"

us Offline cannonball

Re: Victorinox To Manufacture Swiss Army Knives For U.S. Soldiers
Reply #11 on: August 11, 2017, 11:19:40 PM
I just ordered one from  jrinder24@gmail.com    $65 shipped to continental US. He never asked if I was in the military.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%