Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

SAK ring clips

00 Offline fivesense

SAK ring clips
on: July 28, 2017, 02:12:40 AM
Where do I find the clips that attach to the SAK ring (for clipping to one's pocket)?

Something as in the link below, but actual stainless? The options on Amazon don't seem legit.

https://www.amazon.com/NUOLUX-Stainless-Suspension-Outdoor-Quicklink/dp/B01JO8FRH4/ref=sr_1_8?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1501200430&sr=1-8&keywords=swiss+army+knife+key+clip
Use your tools and enjoy the Zen of maintaining and sharpening them.

Consider donating a couple bucks to this site. There is no better knife or multitool site anywhere on planet internet.

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Re: SAK ring clips
Reply #1 on: July 28, 2017, 02:27:06 AM
I'm the milk man!

us Offline italophil

Reply #2 on: July 28, 2017, 02:28:06 AM
I have a P-7 from a company called Tec Accessories. I believe they were among the first with this design. I am quiet happy with it, but only us it in deep pockets, in short pockets the knife rides up.

00 Offline fivesense

Reply #3 on: July 28, 2017, 02:28:52 AM

Consider donating a couple bucks to this site. There is no better knife or multitool site anywhere on planet internet.

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #4 on: July 28, 2017, 02:59:25 AM
Never tried the second one. I have no idea. The P7 from TEC is known for being the go to for a quality suspension clip. With that said it's just a metal clip so if you can find cheap ones that look good it may be worth a try.
I'm the milk man!

00 Offline fivesense

Reply #5 on: July 28, 2017, 03:57:54 AM
Never tried the second one. I have no idea. The P7 from TEC is known for being the go to for a quality suspension clip. With that said it's just a metal clip so if you can find cheap ones that look good it may be worth a try.

You get what you pay for (as "they" say) so if the P7 has the reputation among SAK fans, that's what I'll go for. Thanks!

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #6 on: July 28, 2017, 05:41:06 AM
Your welcome!
I'm the milk man!

us Offline GoatDragon

• SAK 4 life
Reply #7 on: July 28, 2017, 06:10:06 AM
I have a TEC P7, and it is pretty good. But if I ever get any more I will probably go with a cheaper one. 12 bucks for a tiny little metal clip? That's pretty pricey.  :shrug:

us Offline Faddy Daddy

Reply #8 on: July 28, 2017, 06:16:05 AM
I have a TEC P7, and it is pretty good. But if I ever get any more I will probably go with a cheaper one. 12 bucks for a tiny little metal clip? That's pretty pricey.  :shrug:

I agree GoatDragon. Even if it's the most highly recommended it's not worth $12, I think the company is gouging a little for sure. Heck, even the second one seems expensive as well, though it's only half as much at $6. On another thread there were some ebay ones listed, they were less than a dollar though from China.
I don't know if there was a minimum order but I think free shipping, but I'd almost feel guilty only buying 1 or 2 with free shipping all the way from China. I ended up ordering the 2nd one in this thread.

us Offline lichan

Reply #9 on: July 28, 2017, 06:01:09 PM
I have the Tec Accessories version along with several different and cheaper versions from Amazon. There's no difference in daily usage.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #10 on: July 28, 2017, 06:08:05 PM
I get the cheapest ones on ebay I can find from China  ::) They hold up very well and have been happy with them :cheers: Just a few week wait time though :ahhh

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #11 on: July 28, 2017, 06:55:19 PM
I get the cheapest ones on ebay I can find from China  ::) They hold up very well and have been happy with them :cheers: Just a few week wait time though :ahhh
There are quality differences though.
Last time I received junk, the time before that I received crisp clips :D

00 Offline fivesense

Reply #12 on: July 28, 2017, 07:10:29 PM
I ended up order the $6 one on Amazon to compare it to the P7. If I don't see much difference I'll keep the cheaper version as it essentially worked out to 2 for the price of 1. I'll report back when I've had time to evaluate.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $0.00
PayPal Fees: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Below Goal: $300.00
Site Currency: USD
 0%