Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Cadet Celebration Thread

us Offline GoatDragon

• SAK 4 life
Cadet Celebration Thread
on: August 01, 2017, 09:14:45 PM
The Cadet is a SAK that I don't mentioned as often around these forums, so I figured it was time to start a thread in its honor. Being so slim and light, the Cadet is excellent for daily carry. The full opener layer brings most of the "Macgyver X-factor" of a larger SAK, allowing you to turn screws, pry, scrape and so much more. The fingernail file defies carrying a classic along with it, as if to say "I am all the SAK you need!". And the tips of all three non-blade tools work beautifully as small, medium and large screwdrivers for Phillips and flat head screws.

Here's to the humble Cadet!  :cheers:
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 09:18:00 PM by GoatDragon »

us Offline strmliner

• No Life Club
Re: Cadet Celebration Thread
Reply #1 on: August 02, 2017, 02:42:40 AM
The Cadet is a SAK that I don't mentioned as often around these forums, so I figured it was time to start a thread in its honor. Being so slim and light, the Cadet is excellent for daily carry. The full opener layer brings most of the "Macgyver X-factor" of a larger SAK, allowing you to turn screws, pry, scrape and so much more. The fingernail file defies carrying a classic along with it, as if to say "I am all the SAK you need!". And the tips of all three non-blade tools work beautifully as small, medium and large screwdrivers for Phillips and flat head screws.

Here's to the humble Cadet!  :cheers:
(Image removed from quote.)

+1   :hatsoff:

It's the SAK I carry when my 84mm Golfer or 91mm Golfer/Compacts are too large when dressed up beyond jeans (though when wearing suits, I do often carry the Manager).
It's also the SAK that I've given away the most...people love the size, functionality, and Red Alox.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 02:44:25 AM by strmliner »
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they go."    -Will Rogers

us Offline El Corkscrew

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #2 on: August 02, 2017, 07:50:59 AM
I'm starting to appreciate it more...  I have not preferred it in the past..  choosing a Waiter, Tourist, or Pioneer Settler, or Executive/Ambassador when going for less of a pocket presence.  But it's definitely a classy, don't-even-know-it's-there carry.   I've had quite a few but have chosen just to keep a silver one.  I don't find the patina that happens over time so desirable on some of the alox colors, and it seems like it works against the Cadet - compared to OC Pioneer/Farmer for example.  Just my opinion...which may be different tomorrow.  :D
“All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.” - Mark Twain

us Offline Faddy Daddy

Reply #3 on: August 03, 2017, 04:35:40 AM
If only it had scissors  :tu:

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #4 on: August 03, 2017, 05:14:20 AM

I have one with scissors and a small blade instead of file.  :D
I'm the milk man!

us Offline Faddy Daddy

Reply #5 on: August 03, 2017, 05:19:56 AM

Nice Captain Spaulding, is it a mod though?

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #6 on: August 03, 2017, 05:55:04 AM

Nice Captain Spaulding, is it a mod though?

Yes it is. Got it done with some old ribbed red scales I had.
I'm the milk man!

us Offline GoatDragon

• SAK 4 life
Reply #7 on: August 03, 2017, 09:21:50 AM
I have come to realize scissors are not necessary for me to EDC. There is little one can not do with a good sharp knife.

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #8 on: August 03, 2017, 11:07:36 AM
I have come to realize scissors are not necessary for me to EDC. There is little one can not do with a good sharp knife.

Goatdragon obviously has no goatee.  :pok: :D
“All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.” - Mark Twain

us Offline GoatDragon

• SAK 4 life
Reply #9 on: August 03, 2017, 11:11:04 AM

Oh but I do actually have a goatee. I just only really trim it when I am already shaving in my bathroom. And there I have a dedicated pair of beard clippers that work better than the scissors on any of my SAKs for that task.

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #10 on: August 03, 2017, 12:11:48 PM

Oh but I do actually have a goatee. I just only really trim it when I am already shaving in my bathroom. And there I have a dedicated pair of beard clippers that work better than the scissors on any of my SAKs for that task.

Yeah, that probably works better.  I've just been using a SAK since I hit puberty... spending all my clippers money on SAKs!   :rofl:   but seriously my facial hair is SUPER uneven.

us Offline strmliner

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: August 03, 2017, 05:08:27 PM

+1   :2tu:
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they go."    -Will Rogers

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #12 on: August 03, 2017, 06:52:07 PM
If you're experiencing difficulty imagining tasks that can be completed with scissors, here is a helpful link:

http://www.theottoolbox.com/2015/10/creative-scissor-skills-activities-for-kids.html

:cheers:

us Offline GoatDragon

• SAK 4 life
Reply #13 on: August 03, 2017, 06:55:45 PM
If you're experiencing difficulty imagining tasks that can be completed with scissors, here is a helpful link:

http://www.theottoolbox.com/2015/10/creative-scissor-skills-activities-for-kids.html

:cheers:

I want a list of creative activities for kids with sharp knives!  :duel:

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #14 on: August 03, 2017, 07:03:24 PM
hmmmm.  I'll think about it.

Btw, this is post #3000!  Glad I made it a good one. :)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 07:07:16 PM by El Corkscrew »

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #15 on: August 03, 2017, 07:50:12 PM
I have a large goatee, well a Van Dyke or door knocker to be more accurate and my facial hair is out of control most of the time so even when I trim it up at home it's still a mess throughout the day so my classic or style ps's scissors always get a good workout.
I'm the milk man!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $168.99
PayPal Fees: $9.87
Net Balance: $159.12
Below Goal: $140.88
Site Currency: USD