Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

EPIC FAIL

us Offline Obi1shinobee

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Master LM Squirt Ps4 And Lord of Navitools
EPIC FAIL
on: August 05, 2017, 06:25:12 AM
 :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

* Epic Fail.jpg (Filesize: 41 KB)

us Offline ironraven

• No Life Club
  • American Clandestine Materials Executive (ACME)
Re: EPIC FAIL
Reply #1 on: August 05, 2017, 06:30:14 AM
Wow.

That is a special kind of insulting. This is telling children they should be helpless.
"Even if it is only the handful of people I meet on the street, or in my home, I can still protect them with this one sword" Kenshin Himura

Necessity is the mother of invention. If you're not ready, it's "a mother". If you are, it's "mom".

"I love democracy" Sheev Palpatine, upon his election to Chancellor.

us Offline Obi1shinobee

Reply #2 on: August 05, 2017, 06:33:25 AM
ALL  I HAVE TO SAY ........ IM BATMAN BIETCH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
BATMAN BELT.jpg
* BATMAN BELT.jpg (Filesize: 71.27 KB)
CSSE 1.jpg
* CSSE 1.jpg (Filesize: 72.11 KB)

us Offline theonew

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: August 05, 2017, 06:44:50 AM
 :facepalm:

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #4 on: August 05, 2017, 06:47:09 AM
How about utility awareness?  :twak:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #5 on: August 05, 2017, 07:27:54 AM
Interesting they show a hammer and screwdriver.  Someone clearly has an agenda.  What if their fathers use those particular tools for work?  The chefs knife to me is a huge fail.  I was a chef for years and carried my cutlery in a back pack every day for work as do nearly all chefs of those that work in a kitchen. 
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 08:24:59 AM by Aloha007 »
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Obi1shinobee

Reply #6 on: August 05, 2017, 08:08:57 AM
Interesting they show a hammer and screwdriver.  Someone clearly has an agenda.  What if their fathers use those particular tools for work?  The chefs to me is a huge fail.  I was a chef for years and carried my cutlery in a back pack every day for work as do nearly all chefs of those that work in a kitchen.

« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 08:15:23 AM by Obi1shinobee »

hr Offline styx

Reply #7 on: August 05, 2017, 08:15:34 AM
Would you believe that the little Classic helped me in the ER last night? Their trauma shears were too large to get a cut on the bandage we put on the finger, but those little SAK scissors got in the tight space no problem. So apparently I was armed and I'm happy I was
Solving problems you didn't know you had in the most obscure way possible

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #8 on: August 05, 2017, 10:47:59 AM
 :rofl:

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #9 on: August 05, 2017, 10:57:16 AM
I used to carry a long Philips screwdriver with a dimpled blue rubber handle grip and a yellow plastic covered shaft when I was young. I carried it instead of something "normal" like a blanket or teddy. And I was taught by my parents how to hold it so I didn't skewer someone accidentally (Hold it by the driver end).
Am I a coward? For edcing a screwdriver when I was knee/waist high? :twak:
(Incidentally I apparently also liked corkscrews back then. I think I know why I like SAKs so much.  :D)
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

nl Offline Ron Who

• I'm blue!

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #12 on: August 05, 2017, 11:49:46 AM
I used to carry a long Philips screwdriver with a dimpled blue rubber handle grip and a yellow plastic covered shaft when I was young. I carried it instead of something "normal" like a blanket or teddy. And I was taught by my parents how to hold it so I didn't skewer someone accidentally (Hold it by the driver end).
(Incidentally I apparently also liked corkscrews back then. I think I know why I like SAKs so much.  :D)

I carried a hammer when I was like 2-3 years old :D I had a real one for hammering nails in a length of log that I had :o I never mashed my fingers (according to my parents) and I still have a couple of them :cheers: In fact the small ball peen hammer I used on my Master Ranger mod is one of them :like: One of myt mothers uncles work at a handle mill and he put the handle in that hammer for me, painted the handle red and blue. put my initials in it and gave it to me :like: It still has that same handle in it and I never hit anyone or anything I wasn't suppose to (again that is according to my parents :D )

Children need to be taught to use these tools properly and not be made afraid of them :facepalm:

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #13 on: August 05, 2017, 12:12:07 PM

I carried a hammer when I was like 2-3 years old :D I had a real one for hammering nails in a length of log that I had :o I never mashed my fingers (according to my parents) and I still have a couple of them :cheers: In fact the small ball peen hammer I used on my Master Ranger mod is one of them :like: One of myt mothers uncles work at a handle mill and he put the handle in that hammer for me, painted the handle red and blue. put my initials in it and gave it to me :like: It still has that same handle in it and I never hit anyone or anything I wasn't suppose to (again that is according to my parents :D )

Children need to be taught to use these tools properly and not be made afraid of them :facepalm:
:cheers:
This is either the same screwdriver, or from the same set. Its gotten a few bumps and such through the years.

:)
Its been replaced by the bladeless woodsman and other screwdrivers in the screwdriving role, but it still has a place.  :salute:

All hail the hook!

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #14 on: August 05, 2017, 12:30:59 PM

:cheers:
This is either the same screwdriver, or from the same set. Its gotten a few bumps and such through the years.
(Image removed from quote.)
 :)
Its been replaced by the bladeless woodsman and other screwdrivers in the screwdriving role, but it still has a place.  :salute:

Definitely :cheers: and it looks like a good quality driver and it has that sentimental vibe to it :like: :like:

nz Offline moonweasel

Reply #15 on: August 05, 2017, 12:31:32 PM
I'm guessing I'm the only one that took 30 sec find out a little bit, rather than look at a picture with no context and just go 'I touched a tool as a child' or  'I carried my work tools as an adult'?
 This is nothing to do with adults and their tools of the job, or telling kids to be afraid of, or not allowing them to use tools, it's about kids being dumb.
They are a group working with kids trying to get them to realise the consequences of doing something dumb, like using blades and other common implements on each other.
Their agenda is trying to stop wasted lives, and needless deaths.

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #16 on: August 05, 2017, 12:37:41 PM
I'm guessing I'm the only one that took 30 sec find out a little bit, rather than look at a picture with no context and just go 'I touched a tool as a child' or  'I carried my work tools as an adult'?
 This is nothing to do with adults and their tools of the job, or telling kids to be afraid of, or not allowing them to use tools, it's about kids being dumb.
They are a group working with kids trying to get them to realise the consequences of doing something dumb, like using blades and other common implements on each other.
Their agenda is trying to stop wasted lives, and needless deaths.

Well said moonweasel :cheers:

From their website ...

About the Charity

Only Cowards Carry Weapons Awareness was founded in November 2012 by Caroline Shearer in memory of her 17 year old son Jay Whiston, who was fatally stabbed in September 2012. Continually driven by the devastating loss of Jay, Caroline and the team have worked tirelessly to promote Only Cowards Carry Weapons Awareness in the hope that young people understand the stark facts and devastating, life changing, true reality of knife crime. Caroline began to investigate education given to children at school, and discovered that although children were being taught internet safety, road safety and even sex education from as young as 7 years old, there was no provision for Weapons Awareness education.
What We Do

What we do

Only Cowards Carry Weapons Awareness was given full charity status and within the first 2 years over 22,000 students, parents and teachers have requested OCC’s unique and engaging Weapons Awareness programmes. The charity continues to grow and now works in partnership with Essex Police, Crimestoppers, MP’s and other crime prevention organisations.

OCC delivers powerful messages that also helps to reduce alcohol and drug misuse, gang culture, parent and teacher awareness.

The Only Cowards Carry team are forever grateful for the support they receive in helping to keep our communities safe.
Mission Statement

Mission Statement:

For weapons awareness education to be added to the national school curriculum.
To raise awareness of the dangers and consequences of carrying a weapon.
To petition for tougher action against knife and weapon crime.
To change the mindset of teenagers who think they are 'cool' and 'safe' by carrying a weapon

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #17 on: August 05, 2017, 12:40:11 PM
I understand that, and its a noble goal.
But, a screwdriver? :-\

All hail the hook!

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #18 on: August 05, 2017, 01:01:57 PM
Context or no context (majority of people are not going to read anything about the organization) and make assumptions on the symbol alone and I think that their choices of what I would call a weapon are not a screwdriver and a hammer :facepalm: I understand we need awareness towards knives and tools but to call people cowards because they carry them (if carried for the correct reasoning) is associating bad behavior and weaponizing with those items :-\ I say this not because I haven't read this but because most people aren't going to and jump to the same conclusion we have here ;)

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #19 on: August 05, 2017, 01:06:10 PM
That's why I posted the snippets from their website  ;)

The carrying of these items as tools is not being confused with the carrying of these items as weapons.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #20 on: August 05, 2017, 01:54:19 PM

The carrying of these items as tools is not being confused with the carrying of these items as weapons.

I know but the average person will not read what the sign is about just see the image :shrug:

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #21 on: August 05, 2017, 02:13:49 PM

I know but the average person will not read what the sign is about just see the image :shrug:

That could be a geographical thing. It's not unknown for somebody unhinged over here to use a claw hammer or screwdriver as a weapon. The Yorkshire Ripper, a serial killer over here, used such items as weapons, and even stuff like a stone in a sock. I know somebody who got mugged and stabbed by a taxi driver with a screwdriver. It's not the items themselves that are the focus of the campaign, but the act of carrying them with intent to harm.

I have no affiliation with the charity, or any other such organisation. Just attempting to lend a little clarity here.  :salute:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #22 on: August 05, 2017, 02:30:26 PM
I get the clarity and get that anything can be made to use as a weapon  :salute: but it would help if they included the name of their charity on the logo so people could get a better idea about them and why they have a logo such as this :cheers:
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 02:31:32 PM by Poncho65 »

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #23 on: August 05, 2017, 02:32:06 PM
I get the clarity  :salute: but it would help if they included the name of their charity on the logo so people could get a better idea about them and why they have a logo such as this :cheers:

They did .... :D

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #24 on: August 05, 2017, 02:45:25 PM

:rofl:

That first pic is just gold! :2tu:

I'm having a beer at the beach and just got some weird looks when I almost had it dripping from my nose. Thanks! :D

hr Offline styx

Reply #25 on: August 05, 2017, 02:48:33 PM
They can write anything they want. Won't make it true or any less moronic because at the core it isn't about saving lives but something entirely different.
Now how do I know this? Simple. I've been a volunteer for 2 organizations in the past. Just from September 2016 to April 2017 I've logged in over 300 hours. I was the administrator and coordinator. And to be fair both of the organization's volunteers cared about children and the issue they were tackling. At least the majority of them did. But on the higher level, it was about self-promotion, money, getting ahead in the business world, monopoly on doing that grand deed and fear mongering. Only reason why I quit was because people who cared about themselves and some holier than thou bs were getting backed while those who truly cared  were a resource to be used, abused and discarded.

So yes it does say they want to protect lives. This isn't the way to do it. This isn't educating, this is just getting into the heads of the population with a terrific scare tactic. Next time a kid gets in trouble for having these "weapons", how many will ask if that same kid was just helping someone out by using those tools as they were intended.

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #26 on: August 05, 2017, 02:50:19 PM
And also:
It's about raising awareness about the consequenses of carrying a tool/knife as a weapon and using it.

Like I said, I'm having a beer at the beach.
I want to stab someone?
I'll just break my bottle.
Or I'll grab my pen!

Or I'll just get up, pick my chair up and start bashing heads.

Heal the mind,.the rest will follow!

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #27 on: August 05, 2017, 02:57:38 PM
I get the clarity  :salute: but it would help if they included the name of their charity on the logo so people could get a better idea about them and why they have a logo such as this :cheers:

Well they need to work on the name then :whistle: :rofl:

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #28 on: August 05, 2017, 03:01:23 PM
They can write anything they want. Won't make it true or any less moronic because at the core it isn't about saving lives but something entirely different.
Now how do I know this? Simple. I've been a volunteer for 2 organizations in the past. Just from September 2016 to April 2017 I've logged in over 300 hours. I was the administrator and coordinator. And to be fair both of the organization's volunteers cared about children and the issue they were tackling. At least the majority of them did. But on the higher level, it was about self-promotion, money, getting ahead in the business world, monopoly on doing that grand deed and fear mongering. Only reason why I quit was because people who cared about themselves and some holier than thou bs were getting backed while those who truly cared  were a resource to be used, abused and discarded.

So yes it does say they want to protect lives. This isn't the way to do it. This isn't educating, this is just getting into the heads of the population with a terrific scare tactic. Next time a kid gets in trouble for having these "weapons", how many will ask if that same kid was just helping someone out by using those tools as they were intended.

:think: :think: Slightly confusing ...

Firstly, good for you for trying to do good work with kids, and I'm sorry the organisations had other more selfish ambitions.

Secondly, the charity was started by a woman whose son was killed by someone carrying something purely to cause harm with it. This is all the charity is trying to stop. Nowhere do I see anything that says that these tools shouldn't be used for what they were meant to be used for. There is nothing to lead you to that conclusion.

And also:
It's about raising awareness about the consequenses of carrying a tool/knife as a weapon and using it.

Like I said, I'm having a beer at the beach.
I want to stab someone?
I'll just break my bottle.
Or I'll grab my pen!

Or I'll just get up, pick my chair up and start bashing heads.

Heal the mind,.the rest will follow!

:tu: Spontaneous events will always flare up.

hr Offline styx

Reply #29 on: August 05, 2017, 03:07:43 PM

:think: :think: Slightly confusing ...

Firstly, good for you for trying to do good work with kids, and I'm sorry the organisations had other more selfish ambitions.

Secondly, the charity was started by a woman whose son was killed by someone carrying something purely to cause harm with it. This is all the charity is trying to stop. Nowhere do I see anything that says that these tools shouldn't be used for what they were meant to be used for. There is nothing to lead you to that conclusion.

Few years ago we had a similar thing in my city. Kid was stabbed and died. Poor kid, right? Turned out that the kid's friends ran instead of calling the ambulance. Still the story didn't make much sense. Turned out that the kid attacked someone with a knife and that someone stabbed him in the tussle.
See how easy it is to manipulate things? We know only a few facts and have a very aggressive campaign thrown at us.

Well they need to work on the name then :whistle: :rofl:

My services are available for a fee. And I've got a very good track record ;)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $36.34
PayPal Fees: $1.66
Net Balance: $34.68
Below Goal: $265.32
Site Currency: USD
 12%