Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Let's see some Kershaw's!

Spartan19 · 368 · 16603

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
  • One Day Closer To Death
Re: Let's see some Kershaw's!
Reply #270 on: February 24, 2019, 09:53:44 AM
Nice GLBM, here's mine:

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #271 on: February 24, 2019, 09:57:32 AM
And Amplitude which is very cool, fastest opening Kershaw I have, makes a sound like Wolverine's claws  when it opens :ahhh

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
Reply #272 on: February 24, 2019, 09:57:32 AM
Nice GLBM, here's mine:

(Image removed from quote.)
Thanks, Beard! :cheers:

Love the color combo on yours. :like:
Which model is that one? It may be my computer screen, but I can't quite make it out in the photos.

I am finally playing with the wave opening and feel it is a worthy knife deployment method in some situations. Not a fan of thumb-discs though. :-\
But, with the Emerson Kershaws, the wave makes a good thumb opening thingy.
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #273 on: February 24, 2019, 10:00:37 AM
Nice GLBM, here's mine:

Thanks, Beard! :cheers:

Love the color combo on yours. :like:
Which model is that one? It may be my computer screen, but I can't quite make it out in the photos.

I am finally playing with the wave opening and feel it is a worthy knife deployment method in some situations. Not a fan of thumb-discs though. :-\
But, with the Emerson Kershaws, the wave makes a good thumb opening thingy.

I think it's the same as yours, I would have to look up amazon purchase history I can't remember if its 5 or 7, but it's 7.5" open

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #274 on: February 24, 2019, 10:02:26 AM
CQC-4K, I was close tho, pic looks greenish but it's more like coyote tan G10
« Last Edit: February 24, 2019, 10:03:59 AM by Blackbeard »
BB :B:

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #275 on: February 24, 2019, 10:05:24 AM
CQC-4K, I was close tho, pic looks greenish but it's more like coyote tan G10
Indeed. Basically the same knife. I couldn't believe how cheap they had gotten a few years ago. The build quality is outstanding. Mine was $7 on clearance at Wal-Mart.  :ahhh
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #276 on: February 24, 2019, 10:06:12 AM
And Amplitude which is very cool, fastest opening Kershaw I have, makes a sound like Wolverine's claws  when it opens :ahhh

Still need to pick one of those up. Looks like a really well made knife. And I like clacky opening noises. :like:

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #277 on: February 24, 2019, 10:09:27 AM

Still need to pick one of those up. Looks like a really well made knife. And I like clacky opening noises. :like:

Damn, $7 is awesome for that knife. I do have another amplitude factory sealed, was gonna list it here eventually, but I would be up for a trade if you want to PM me or can give you good price to buy, LMK

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #278 on: February 24, 2019, 10:14:27 AM
PM sent, sir!  :cheers:

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #279 on: February 24, 2019, 10:22:13 AM
I didn't realize how big this thing was. It is the XL version of the CQC-4K. 9" overall length. 4" blade. :ahhh

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #280 on: February 24, 2019, 10:36:34 AM
I didn't realize how big this thing was. It is the XL version of the CQC-4K. 9" overall length. 4" blade. :ahhh

Wow, that is a beast, less than $1/inch, great find  :cheers:

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #281 on: February 24, 2019, 11:15:16 AM

:cheers:

The weight of the blade makes the wave feature extremely fast once the break threshold is surpassed. It closes quite smoothly as well with no lock-stick and a fair detent. Not drop-shut, but definitely doesn't feel cheap. How is the action on your CQC-4K?

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #282 on: February 24, 2019, 02:55:44 PM
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

de Offline CeHo

• No Life Club
Reply #283 on: February 24, 2019, 03:05:42 PM

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #284 on: February 24, 2019, 07:23:15 PM
That is awesome, CeHo! :like:

Kershaw was really walking the wire putting USA and Japan on the same blade. :ahhh

de Offline CeHo

• No Life Club
Reply #285 on: February 24, 2019, 07:35:44 PM
That is awesome, CeHo! :like:

Kershaw was really walking the wire putting USA and Japan on the same blade. :ahhh

You’re right- I didn’t think about it  :think:

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #286 on: February 24, 2019, 11:11:34 PM

:cheers:

The weight of the blade makes the wave feature extremely fast once the break threshold is surpassed. It closes quite smoothly as well with no lock-stick and a fair detent. Not drop-shut, but definitely doesn't feel cheap. How is the action on your CQC-4K?

Action is excellent, but I have to use disc  to thumb flick it, my thumbs are too short to do it on the wave

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #287 on: February 25, 2019, 12:37:16 AM
Admittedly, I tend to turn the knife a bit in my hand to thumb the Wave. Repositioning it after it is opened is getting easier. I've been flicking the CQC around for a good part of the day. :rofl:

The actual Wave feature is way faster than I had originally assumed.  :ahhh

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #288 on: February 25, 2019, 02:58:26 AM
Waited 4-5 years for Skyline to drop in price, very happy with it at $30 for USA made, fortunately I got an excellent sample, very slim & lightweight, perfect centering, no blade play, shaving sharp, great ergos, good G10 texture, on the cons, could use gimping on the spine and flipper, better clip(comes tip down, but if you reverse it, too much knife will stick up) and cutout for lockbar release could be a little wider, otherwise it's pretty awesome, just got it today, will see how it carries and breaks in and report back

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #289 on: February 25, 2019, 03:01:53 AM
That's a beauty, beard! :like:
Congrats on getting one. Looks to be a fine example. :)

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #290 on: February 25, 2019, 03:06:07 AM
Ty GLBM. Yeah I apologize for not getting the deal posted here, by the time I had read & watched reviews, ordered it, fell asleep in my desk chair...the next thing I knew it was sold out  :twak:

And I blew my budget for the next 2 months with this and stayglow vics, so I won't be getting anything for awhile, but finally got a few things I wanted for many years.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 03:12:26 AM by Blackbeard »
BB :B:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #291 on: February 26, 2019, 03:47:39 PM
retreat with the Grid!  :ahhh

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #292 on: February 26, 2019, 05:35:33 PM
Awesome Kershaw, TP! But, that said, we're going to need to see the blade to make sure you didn't break it.  :pok: :D

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #293 on: February 28, 2019, 11:26:01 AM
Following up on Skyline:
Needs smoother G10 under the clip, it's very difficult to insert and remove from jeans pocket due to grippy scale and tight clip.
You do get some misfires if you try to use flipper with no wrist flip, seems worse if knife is sitting and is "cold", but opens 100% of the time with wrist action
Be nice if they had a skyline 2 with bearings, better clip and larger lockbar release cutout, would be a killer knife, definently enjoy this one it's just not very fidget and pocket friendly  :salute:

fi Offline Frankki

• Here to learn and share, obviously!
Reply #294 on: March 01, 2019, 12:49:33 PM
Well I don't really carry these as they are a little on the clunky side, even the little 1040, but boy do I like them! All that old-school 80's lockback charm and very nice looks.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #295 on: March 01, 2019, 05:24:26 PM
I picked up the Kershaw Dimension a while ago.  Its a beast of knife.  Thick Ti slabs and thick blade.  It flies when deployed which I like  :D.  The speed safe torsion bar had broke twice tho.  Kershaw warranty sent replacements so all good.  I carry it more than I report on, mostly around the home.  The blade being 8Cr is what you'd expect from Kershaw ( they do a good job on it ).   
IMG_6683.jpg
* IMG_6683.jpg (Filesize: 172.79 KB)
IMG_6682.jpg
* IMG_6682.jpg (Filesize: 177.86 KB)
IMG_6681.jpg
* IMG_6681.jpg (Filesize: 222.14 KB)
Esse Quam Videri

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #296 on: March 02, 2019, 04:32:30 AM
Following up on Skyline:
Needs smoother G10 under the clip, it's very difficult to insert and remove from jeans pocket due to grippy scale and tight clip.
You do get some misfires if you try to use flipper with no wrist flip, seems worse if knife is sitting and is "cold", but opens 100% of the time with wrist action
Be nice if they had a skyline 2 with bearings, better clip and larger lockbar release cutout, would be a killer knife, definently enjoy this one it's just not very fidget and pocket friendly  :salute:
Thanks for the information and experience with the Skyline, Beard! :salute:

Well I don't really carry these as they are a little on the clunky side, even the little 1040, but boy do I like them! All that old-school 80's lockback charm and very nice looks.

Absolutely gorgeous knives, Frankki!  :drool:

I picked up the Kershaw Dimension a while ago.  Its a beast of knife.  Thick Ti slabs and thick blade.  It flies when deployed which I like  :D.  The speed safe torsion bar had broke twice tho.  Kershaw warranty sent replacements so all good.  I carry it more than I report on, mostly around the home.  The blade being 8Cr is what you'd expect from Kershaw ( they do a good job on it ).   

Really cool knife there, Aloha! Indeed they do a good job on the 8Cr!  :iagree:
I have developed a liking for their use of Sandvik 14c28n on a couple of the models as well for a little step-up. :)

de Offline CeHo

• No Life Club
Reply #297 on: March 02, 2019, 11:31:59 AM

Real beauties  :tu:

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #298 on: March 02, 2019, 04:30:58 PM
Some very nice knives posted!  :like:

mc Offline Gerhard Gerber

• No Life Club
Reply #299 on: March 05, 2019, 07:51:27 PM
Today at the biltong shop......inside the bottle store  >:D  :cheers: my hands were too dirty (building a canopy, bought steel, long story) to handle a prime piece of Eland biltong......which is too long for the paper bag.

Handed the shop assistant my lightly modified Skyline.......and he could not believe how it cuts  :rofl:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%