Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Hot Stamped Vic Logo on Cellidor Scales??

us Offline HolyDeuce

Hot Stamped Vic Logo on Cellidor Scales??
on: July 11, 2019, 09:07:04 PM
I just picked up a SAK Standard, nice shape with Marlboro Adventure Team branding on back.  The first thing I noticed was the odd looking Vic Shield on the scales.  Its looks more like it was hot stamped, like they do with the nylon scales...  I guess I thought all Cellidor scales had the metal inlaid shield.  :dunno:

Any ideas?
20190711_145646.jpg
* 20190711_145646.jpg (Filesize: 401.15 KB)
Once you go SAK, you'll never go back.

es Offline Aligator

Re: Hot Stamped Vic Logo on Cellidor Scales??
Reply #1 on: July 11, 2019, 09:47:27 PM
The current Víctorinox angler and fisherman bring that stamp. The fish and the Víctorinox logo

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #2 on: July 11, 2019, 11:17:46 PM
They do that a lot on advertising knives, I guess because it saves the entity who ordered them some money. I have some scales currently on a Super Tinker (formerly on a Cyber Tool 34) that I took off because they were slightly warped. The front has a printed University of Miami logo, the back has a hot stamped Vic shield.

us Offline kamakiri

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: July 12, 2019, 03:51:57 AM
That's perfectly normal. The Marlboro Adventure Team Spartans were the only ones of the reward/promo series that were hot stamped. The rest of the 91mm knives are marked 'Unlimited Marlboro' and have the regular stainless shields. Two of them were on the back scale (Troubleshooter and Outdoorsman) and the 'The Trail Guide' has Plus scales so the shield is on the front. The 58mm Illuminator has the white/red plastic button/shield.

There's a similar Black Marlboro World Championship Team Tinker with a similar (printed?) shield, but with the clear coating.  There are some at least a couple other red Marlboro advertising knives with hot stamp and stainless inlay logos.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 04:45:09 AM by kamakiri »
If this post has been helpful in dating your Swiss Army Knife, please consider making a small contribution to help keep SAKWiki going

us Offline HolyDeuce

Reply #4 on: July 12, 2019, 02:38:47 PM
Thanks for the info everyone, it is much appreciated!  :cheers:
Once you go SAK, you'll never go back.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79