Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Pics Request - Super Tinker Deluxe

us Offline sawman

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • You're amongst friends.
Pics Request - Super Tinker Deluxe
on: September 18, 2017, 12:09:05 AM
Would it be possible for you lucky owners out there to snap a few pics from various angles of your Super Tinker Deluxe?

Thanks in advance!
SAW

us Offline NorCalJim

• No Life Club
Re: Pics Request - Super Tinker Deluxe
Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 01:11:46 AM
There is no Super Deluxe Tinker.  There is the Super Tinker:

Super Tinker by Jim Person, on Flickr

There is also the Deluxe Tinker. I haven't taken a photo of mine but here is a stock image:

Deluxe Tinker by Jim Person, on Flickr

us Offline sawman

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • You're amongst friends.
Reply #2 on: September 18, 2017, 01:18:35 AM
YES!!! 

My mistake on the name, but it seems I desire the Deluxe Tinker with the pliers.

What an amazing toolset. I have been considering one for my rotation.
SAW

us Offline NorCalJim

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: September 18, 2017, 01:54:18 AM
YES!!! 

My mistake on the name, but it seems I desire the Deluxe Tinker with the pliers.

I had at least three SAKs from the 60s to the early 80s. Previously, I had remembered that I had two and thought they were both fakes. Over the last few months, I have realized that two were genuine and equipped with bales instead of the key ring. Both were difficult to use as the tools were hard to deploy. Just when I was about to write off SAKs as not worth fooling with, I received a 58mm Classic as a gift and it lived on my keychain for 35+ years. Since I retired in 2015, I decided to give the big SAKs another chance and purchased two Tinkers from e-bay and was soon hooked on these marvelous tools. At the time, I was receiving several packages a week and the Tinker saw regular use. When I learned about the Super Tinker and its scissors, I just had to have one and it soon displaced the Tinker as my main carry tool. I learned about the Deluxe Tinker from a YouTube video and thought that this would be even better. When the Deluxe Tinker arrived, it didn't take long to see that the extra layer was nowhere near as pocket-friendly as the Tinker and Super Tinker. We all react differently to the Swiss Army treasure trove of knives and the Deluxe may be perfect for your every day carry.

You are probably acquainted with the SAKWiki site, but here is a link just in case you want to see the tool profile of other SAKs:
sakwiki.com/tiki-index.php?page=Victorinox+91mm

:cheers:

Jim

us Offline NorCalJim

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: September 18, 2017, 01:58:45 AM
[/url]
YES!!! 

I had at least three SAKs from the 60s to the early 80s. Previously, I had remembered that I had two and thought they were both fakes. Over the last few months, I have realized that two were genuine and equipped with bales instead of the key ring. Both were difficult to use as the tools were hard to deploy. Just when I was about to write off SAKs as not worth fooling with, I received a 58mm Classic as a gift and it lived on my keychain for 35+ years. Since I retired in 2015, I decided to give the big SAKs another chance and purchased two Tinkers from e-bay and was soon hooked on these marvelous tools. At the time, I was receiving several packages a week and the Tinker saw regular use. When I learned about the Super Tinker and its scissors, I just had to have one and it soon displaced the Tinker as my main carry tool. I learned about the Deluxe Tinker from a YouTube video and thought that this would be even better. When the Deluxe Tinker arrived, it didn't take long to see that the extra layer was nowhere near as pocket-friendly as the Tinker and Super Tinker. We all react differently to the Swiss Army treasure trove of knives and the Deluxe may be perfect for your every day carry.

You are probably acquainted with the SAKWiki site, but here is a link just in case you want to see the tool profile of other SAKs:
http://sakwiki.com/tiki-index.php?page=Victorinox+91mm
:cheers:

Jim

us Offline Demel

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: September 18, 2017, 02:03:00 AM
The 3-4 layer saks can be devisive. Personally I have a 4 layer max but also found it depends on the pants I'm wearing. The deluxe tinker, explorer, climber(or super tinker) and compact would be my main recommendations for anyone depending on usage. I say go for it. On of the best in Vic's lineup
"Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful." -John Wooden

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #6 on: September 18, 2017, 02:43:16 AM
My son has a Deluxe and absolutely loves it.  I go either all the way to the Craftsman or back to the Climber.  All depends on what I feel like carrying. 
Barry

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #7 on: September 18, 2017, 12:50:58 PM
I have a Deluxe model as well :cheers: but I followed a similar path as Jim :whistle: I don't have a limit on the size of the SAK I will carry but I really don't fancy the smaller SAK pliers :ahhh But as he also said what doesn't fit me may be perfect for you :salute: :like: So happy SAK hunting :tu:

us Offline Rich S

• OLD GEEZER CLUB
Reply #8 on: September 18, 2017, 01:13:48 PM
I carry a regular Tinker at home where I have access to my normal tools, but carry a Deluxe Tinker (belt pouch) when going out. Both great knives.

Rich
------------------
SAK Knives Matter
------------------

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68