Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

The small Wenger blade is savage

us Offline theonew

• No Life Club
The small Wenger blade is savage
on: September 15, 2017, 04:01:30 AM
No, it obviously would not be first my choice in cutlery to defend against a horde of zombies. It is though savagely thin and pointy. This would without a doubt be my first choice to remove a deeply embedded splinter.  I'm not sure you could make a functional pocket knife blade much thinner than this. So seeing as it will never be used for anything other than light duty cutting, I ground the bevel down holding the spine a millimeter off the stone. Now you can barely rest a thumb on the edge without getting cut. Truly savage :viking:

« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 04:02:48 AM by theonew »

us Offline Mizedog

• Mizedog
Re: The small Wenger blade is savage
Reply #1 on: September 15, 2017, 09:28:50 PM
And your point?
bwahahaha!
Sorry, couldn't resist. I do like the belly on these Wengers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

us Offline theonew

• No Life Club
Re: The small Wenger blade is savage
Reply #2 on: September 18, 2017, 01:57:36 AM
Here's an example of why having a savagely thin blade can be useful

I needed to remove the sheathing from this flash trigger cable for a project I'm working on for my wife's photo studio.

The sheathing is some kind of very tough vinyl-like material and as I tried to strip it the usual way I just wasn't making any progress. If I pressed too hard I would likely damage the internal wires. So the solution was to use the savage  :viking: Wenger small blade and slide it down lengthwise against the cable. This produced a very thin sliver of cable sheathing. On the second pass the internal wires became visible and I was able to split the sheathing with a fingernail and pull it back and cut if off. Having a super-thin, super-sharp knife made this task much easier and controllable.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%