Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

SAK Sportsman with saw

Offline Helvetica Bold

SAK Sportsman with saw
on: December 29, 2020, 12:54:12 AM
Simple mod but sometimes that’s all it takes I guess. The Sportsman has been a favourite of mine for a while now but I do like (and use) a saw too so took one out a Walker and hey presto! I think this packs some serious punch and weighs only 2g more than a Compact - one more layer, yes, but it is a smaller frame so swings and roundabouts. Mini screwdriver and pin added too makes it perfect for my everyday needs and when paired with my keychain manager not much in the normal run of things this combo can’t cope with.

us Offline theonew

• No Life Club
Re: SAK Sportsman with saw
Reply #1 on: December 29, 2020, 06:10:06 PM
I like it very much. I have a Walker but miss having an awl on it and don't really trust the combo for anything more than the lightest of prying tasks. That adds a lot of capability for very little added weight  :like:

Offline Helvetica Bold

Re: SAK Sportsman with saw
Reply #2 on: December 29, 2020, 07:43:23 PM
Yes exactly that.  I like the back tools and use the mini screwdriver a lot. If I didn’t want the scale tools and the corkscrew I’d probably carry a Farmer but I really like that this packs so many tools into 3 layers and 84mm. I definitely didn’t want to use the combo tool on this...I don’t mind it but I started to appreciate the opener layer again during the minimal SAK challenge recently - which I did with the standard Sportsman.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%