Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Buck 898 Impact

00 Offline fivesense

Buck 898 Impact
on: October 01, 2017, 04:18:47 AM
I unexpectedly received a Buck OD Green 898 Impact in S30V as a gift. There is really only one person who knows my knife preferences and this knife didn't come from him. That said, I'm grateful for the gift as it is an opportunity to learn/try something new.

I'm a huge fan of S30V. The 898 is a pretty interesting knife; the action is crisp and the locking mechanism feels secure. That said, I typically don't need a blade assist for such a knife. If anyone has this knife, what are your thoughts and general impressions?

My mind is already working; I'm considering how I can trade this very nice brand new Buck for a Swiss Tool Spirit. But before I do, I'd be grateful to learn from folks here.
Use your tools and enjoy the Zen of maintaining and sharpening them.

Consider donating a couple bucks to this site. There is no better knife or multitool site anywhere on planet internet.

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Re: Buck 898 Impact
Reply #1 on: October 01, 2017, 05:44:49 AM
well I do not own the knife but it looks interesting
Recent buck models get very nice comments on the forums, and their S30V HT seems to be unique, almost as legendarily good as Paul's 420 HC Steel heat treating process

I'd keep the knife, that being said I already own a Spirit!
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

00 Offline fivesense

Re: Buck 898 Impact
Reply #2 on: October 01, 2017, 07:00:38 AM
well I do not own the knife but it looks interesting
Recent buck models get very nice comments on the forums, and their S30V HT seems to be unique, almost as legendarily good as Paul's 420 HC Steel heat treating process

I'd keep the knife, that being said I already own a Spirit!

Thank you.

The 898 was really unexpected. I probably should keep it and put it into the rotation for experimenting. I look forward to more responses.
Use your tools and enjoy the Zen of maintaining and sharpening them.

Consider donating a couple bucks to this site. There is no better knife or multitool site anywhere on planet internet.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%