Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Leatherman & Politics

us Offline 665ae

• Formerly known as 665ae
  • No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
Re: Leatherman & Politics
Reply #30 on: October 29, 2008, 03:49:19 PM
I own a Mac 90 (Chinese AK-47 clone) and I think it's a pretty good rifle in a lot of ways... that doesn't make me a communist!   And I doubt the folks that stamped out the parts or assembled the gun are anywhere similar in their political views. 

No, it makes you a SoSmurfpillst!  You should have bought Romanian... or a Yugo!  :D

I just read that Chris Reeve is a close buddy with Hugo Chavez.  Anyone care to send me their wicked, tainted, traitor Sebenzas for proper disposal ??   ;)

If I had a Sebenza, I would be happy to send it to you.  After I smash it, break it in half, burn it, toss it on the ground, and piss on it.

If you took all the intestines out of your body and stretched them end to end... you would die.

ph Offline duckman1975

• No Life Club
  • Naked without my multitool!
Reply #31 on: October 29, 2008, 03:53:28 PM
Wish LM would not let their products be made in China, we have way too much made in China products already.......
Lets spread the wealth!

Not sure if you are joking there or not, but they don't.
Sorry I meant I wish leatherman would not let the pressure of cheap labor on China to move their operations there. US labor is not cheap but the quality is priceless! :salute:
Multitools are the best thing that happened to mankind since the invention of the wheel!

us Offline Gadget Guy

• No Life Club
  • <*();::::::::;~
Reply #32 on: October 29, 2008, 04:53:44 PM
Wish LM would not let their products be made in China, we have way too much made in China products already.......
Lets spread the wealth!

Not sure if you are joking there or not, but they don't.
Sorry I meant I wish leatherman would not let the pressure of cheap labor on China to move their operations there. US labor is not cheap but the quality is priceless! :salute:

If Leatherman has their products made in China, I'm done with them. I think Gerber is a good example of why I feel this way. Nothing at all against the Chinese people, but the quality simply isn't there yet. Therere a couple of good products made in China. The Spyderco Byrd line is an example of a fairly good Chinese made product. I just can't imagine a Chinese Leatherman.  ::)
Sometimes change is a good thing, other times not so much!

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #33 on: October 29, 2008, 05:33:12 PM
Much of CRKT's line is made in China.  Good stuff can be made in China, it's just that us cheap buggers on the other side of the planet don't want to spend money.  I have seen some exceptional tools, especially SAK knockoffs from China that are very good quality.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #34 on: October 29, 2008, 06:48:15 PM
I own a Mac 90 (Chinese AK-47 clone) and I think it's a pretty good rifle in a lot of ways... that doesn't make me a communist!   And I doubt the folks that stamped out the parts or assembled the gun are anywhere similar in their political views. 

No, it makes you a SoSmurfpillst!  You should have bought Romanian... or a Yugo!  :D

I just read that Chris Reeve is a close buddy with Hugo Chavez.  Anyone care to send me their wicked, tainted, traitor Sebenzas for proper disposal ??   ;)

If I had a Sebenza, I would be happy to send it to you.  After I smash it, break it in half, burn it, toss it on the ground, and piss on it.

Who is Hugo Chavez ? and more importantly how is he going to stop my Sebenza cutting like one of the best knives in the world ?

As for Tim Leathermans politics  :think: If you don't agree then go out and buy a lesser quality brand . When it fails and leaves you in the sh*t at least you can rest easy that you didnt support Tim .

Dunc

us Offline Splat

Reply #35 on: October 29, 2008, 08:38:10 PM
As for Tim Leathermans politics  :think: If you don't agree then go out and buy a lesser quality brand . When it fails and leaves you in the sh*t at least you can rest easy that you didnt support Tim .

Or, just go buy a SwissTool!  ;) Then you have no worries.
Splat

us Offline NeitherExtreme

• No Life Club
  • Marsh-wiggle
Reply #36 on: October 29, 2008, 08:41:56 PM
Thanks for the input everyone. :)

So it seems like the collective knowledge of The Forum says that:

1) All the rumors probably started from that environment-based Kerry endorsement that was signed by Tim.
2) We don't care.

I guess that's all I need to know. :D

« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 08:44:13 PM by NeitherExtreme »

us Offline WhichDawg

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #37 on: October 29, 2008, 08:51:15 PM
thanks NE!  :P

Offline SteveRacer

• Mary had a little lamb. With mint jelly and mashed
Reply #38 on: October 29, 2008, 09:51:18 PM
Who is Hugo Chavez ? and more importantly how is he going to stop my Sebenza cutting like one of the best knives in the world ?

He kicks puppies, doesn't floss regularly, works as a telemarketer, and cuts ahead of everyone in the checkout line -- with more than 12 items.   :P

I'll PM my address where you can turn in your Sebenza(s).  Your compliance is noted and appreciated.   :mail:

-steve
[

Offline american lockpicker

• No Life Club
Reply #39 on: October 30, 2008, 12:56:52 AM
I don't think Tim Leathermans anti-gun as one of his tools(the one w/ green and black handles)is designed for hunters and has a tool for shotgun chokes.
(

Offline Leatherman123

Reply #40 on: October 30, 2008, 01:08:01 AM
Leatherman Vista  :)
B

Offline Styerman

• No Life Club
Reply #41 on: October 30, 2008, 02:53:44 AM
As usual a pantfull from start to finish. He's just a concerned environentalist , as well he should be as he markets a lot of product to the outdoor and hook and bullet crowd.

Chris

us Offline BIG-TARGET

• No Life Club
  • "Survival must be earned"-Klingon Proverb
Reply #42 on: October 30, 2008, 04:18:05 AM

He kicks puppies, doesn't floss regularly, works as a telemarketer, and cuts ahead of everyone in the checkout line -- with more than 12 items.   :P

I'll PM my address where you can turn in your Sebenza(s).  Your compliance is noted and appreciated.   :mail:

-steve

Hugo Chavez is the president of Venezuela.  A devout marxist
"Some rise by sin, and some by virtue fall;
 Some run from breaks of ice, and answer none:
 And some condemned for a fault alone." -William Shakespeare, King Lear (1608), Act IV, scene 6, line 169

us Offline 665ae

• No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
Reply #43 on: October 30, 2008, 05:23:54 AM

He kicks puppies, doesn't floss regularly, works as a telemarketer, and cuts ahead of everyone in the checkout line -- with more than 12 items.   :P

I'll PM my address where you can turn in your Sebenza(s).  Your compliance is noted and appreciated.   :mail:

-steve

Hugo Chavez is the president of Venezuela.  A devout marxist

Stop being insensitive... 
If you took all the intestines out of your body and stretched them end to end... you would die.

Offline SteveRacer

Reply #44 on: October 30, 2008, 10:49:07 AM
Stop being insensitive... 

Indeed.  Unless you are filling you tank at a Citgo station at Sebenza knifepoint.    :ahhh

-steve
[

us Offline Splat

Reply #45 on: October 31, 2008, 06:31:08 AM
He kicks puppies, doesn't floss regularly, works as a telemarketer, and cuts ahead of everyone in the checkout line -- with more than 12 items.   :P

:rofl: :rofl: That was friggin' great, Steve! :cheers:  Thanks for the bellyache!   :)
Splat

Offline Rob

Reply #46 on: October 31, 2008, 05:34:44 PM
Funny that this is being talked about since I very recently had a reason to question this.  I could care less what a man and his company think politically as long as they aren't extremist and overly pushing their agenda.  Nobody likes that.  Tim and LM are not that so I'm cool with not having the exact same views as them.  Hey that's living in a free society and we should all cherish that ability.  So onto my conundrum.  Recently I've had the opportunity to see about having a gun tactical light mount fabricated for use with a small LED flashlight and I really want to have the new LM S3 be the host for it but I've been leary of contacting LM for a sample unit since I too have always felt they weren't hip on guns.  In the end it's business for them so I can't see them shying away from it but at the same time I'm guessing it's not their favorite part of the market.

• No Life Club
Reply #47 on: October 31, 2008, 05:50:30 PM
On the Vista they put a gun accessory so I couldn't see them not wanting to help you with mounting a flashlight on your gun.
(

Offline Styerman

• No Life Club
Reply #48 on: October 31, 2008, 06:14:17 PM
Leatherman sells lots to LE and Military. Shouldnt. Phase him.

Chris

Offline AndyTiedye

• No Life Club
  • Ride the Music
Reply #49 on: October 31, 2008, 11:51:40 PM
This thread is making me want to buy another Leatherman.

R

• No Life Club
Reply #50 on: November 01, 2008, 02:14:09 AM
I recommend the Wave.
(

us Offline ducktapehero

• No Life Club
  • Plants should be smoked, not eaten.
Reply #51 on: November 01, 2008, 04:37:12 PM
As a libertarian, if I boycotted products because the people making them supported the Republican or the Democratic parties I wouldn't be able to buy anything.
http://ducksrandomthoughts.blogspot.com - or follow me on Twitter- @ducksthoughts

It's hard to say nipple without smirking.

Offline appletree_man

Reply #52 on: November 09, 2008, 06:34:22 PM
I was reminded on another thread how many Americans stopped buying French goods a few years back :o 
T

Offline SteveRacer

Reply #53 on: November 09, 2008, 06:49:56 PM
Americans stopped buying French goods a few years back :o 

Word.

I shoved a rag into a bottle of Grey Goose, ignited it with the ember of my Gauloise, and threw it through the windshield of my Citroen.  I must admit I kept the "maid"...

:ahhh

-steve
[

• No Life Club
Reply #54 on: November 10, 2008, 01:23:20 AM
I was reminded on another thread how many Americans stopped buying French goods a few years back :o 

Not buying French products is insane why would someone be against something from France?
(

us Offline NeitherExtreme

• No Life Club
  • Marsh-wiggle
Reply #55 on: November 10, 2008, 01:25:35 AM

Not buying French products is insane why would someone be against something from France?
It was a short lived reactionary fad, I think mostly fueled by France's disapproval of our invasion of Iraq or Afganistan. It didn't last long. :P
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 01:27:06 AM by NeitherExtreme »

us Offline 665ae

• No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
Reply #56 on: November 10, 2008, 03:21:16 AM
Bring back the Freedom Fries!

Offline Leatherman123

Reply #57 on: November 10, 2008, 03:23:39 AM
 :D
B

spam Offline zepla

• No Life Club
  • Where is all that water coming from?!
Reply #58 on: November 10, 2008, 12:38:51 PM
I wonder how many Americans actually personally know a French person....Or other non American persons for that matter....

us Offline donvito

• No Life Club
Reply #59 on: November 10, 2008, 12:42:21 PM
I dated a french girl  :P.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99