Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

MTO RED PIONEER X, IT'S ALMOST HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Douglas · 1186 · 42026

us Offline ColoSwiss

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: MTO RED PIONEER X, IT'S ALMOST HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply #120 on: November 04, 2017, 10:23:10 PM
Thanks to Def and Doug for putting this together!   :cheers:   :cheers:

us Offline El Corkscrew

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #121 on: November 04, 2017, 10:24:53 PM
Thanks to Def and Doug for putting this together!   :cheers:   :cheers:

+1

“All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.” - Mark Twain

us Offline mrynnr

• SAK Addict
  • No Life Club
Reply #122 on: November 04, 2017, 10:35:31 PM
Thanks Douglas and Def for doing this! I’m hoping this is super successful and MTO does more colors :drool:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #123 on: November 05, 2017, 01:42:45 AM
BREAKING NEWS
Due to a glitch in the software the discount has not been applied to some orders and I can't figure out why some people are getting it and some aren't.  Since I can't figure out the cause, I can't fix it, so I have manually adjusted the price.  The price you see now is the same as what the price with the discount ended up being, only now there's no extra screwing around.

Don't bother looking for a discount code, it is already reflected in the price.   :pok:

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline zrxoa1

• No Life Club
Reply #124 on: November 05, 2017, 02:07:48 AM
Never mind...
« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 02:21:31 AM by zrxoa1 »

us Offline Douglas

• No Life Club
Reply #125 on: November 05, 2017, 02:21:20 AM
I am confused now. Not complaining a, just confused.

Here is a screenshot of when I placed my order...

(Image removed from quote.)

And now what it shows if I were to order another...

What am I missing?

For some reason the store software is still applying the discount although it should not be.
I have PM'ed Grant and I'm certain he is already on it.
 Give him a little bit and I'm certain it will get fixed

"LOGIC!  My God, the man's talking about logic!  We're talking about Universal Armageddon!"
Dr.  McCoy

MTo...The BEST place on Earth!

us Offline zrxoa1

• No Life Club
Reply #126 on: November 05, 2017, 02:22:26 AM
I am confused now. Not complaining a, just confused.

Here is a screenshot of when I placed my order...

And now what it shows if I were to order another...

What am I missing?

For some reason the store software is still applying the discount although it should not be.
I have PM'ed Grant and I'm certain he is already on it.
 Give him a little bit and I'm certain it will get fixed

No, I just realized the first screenshot had the amounts in Canadian dollars.

us Offline zrxoa1

• No Life Club
Reply #127 on: November 05, 2017, 02:28:44 AM
How much is the SAK supposed to be, in CA money?

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #128 on: November 05, 2017, 02:36:07 AM

It should be $73.99 CAN, which should work out to roughly $55 US.  As I am in Canada and have it set up to work with Canada Post the site defaults to Canadian dollars.

If you aren't getting something resembling $73.99 CAN or $55 US (please allow for fluctuation) then refresh the page using CTRL + Refresh.  It is changed now.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline zrxoa1

• No Life Club
Reply #129 on: November 05, 2017, 02:39:03 AM

It should be $73.99 CAN, which should work out to roughly $55 US.  As I am in Canada and have it set up to work with Canada Post the site defaults to Canadian dollars.

If you aren't getting something resembling $73.99 CAN or $55 US (please allow for fluctuation) then refresh the page using CTRL + Refresh.  It is changed now.

Def

This is what I was charged, in US dollars. Is this correct?  I had set the site to USD but it may have reverted.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #130 on: November 05, 2017, 02:41:47 AM
Yes, that should be correct.  The knife is (about) $55, plus shipping worka out to just over $60.... which is what it looks like you were charged.

Def

us Offline zrxoa1

• No Life Club
Reply #131 on: November 05, 2017, 02:42:33 AM
Yes, that should be correct.  The knife is (about) $55, plus shipping worka out to just over $60.... which is what it looks like you were charged.

Def

Ok, sounds good then!

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #132 on: November 05, 2017, 04:49:19 AM
Sweet SAK.  Couldn't resist a customized MTO SAK.  Thanks to Douglas for making this happen :salute:

Proud SAKMC member :)

K-Tibbs

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #133 on: November 05, 2017, 02:49:11 PM
Anyone knows when these will be produced?

ph Offline an0nemus

• No Life Club
  • I Tool Therefore I Am
Reply #134 on: November 05, 2017, 03:51:56 PM

For those of you that want to engrave the plates, I would strongly suggest you find someone who does laser engraving as the anodizing can chip with a standard engraver.  It would be terrible to try and improve one of these and end up with red flakes everywhere!   :ahhh

Def

Can anyone post a laser engraved alox SAK?  :think:

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #136 on: November 05, 2017, 03:53:18 PM

For those of you that want to engrave the plates, I would strongly suggest you find someone who does laser engraving as the anodizing can chip with a standard engraver.  It would be terrible to try and improve one of these and end up with red flakes everywhere!   :ahhh

Def

Jaya man did some.  :think:
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

ph Offline an0nemus

• No Life Club
  • I Tool Therefore I Am
Reply #137 on: November 05, 2017, 03:54:34 PM

Def

Was that laser engraved?  :think:

us Offline Douglas

• No Life Club
Reply #138 on: November 05, 2017, 04:58:26 PM

Def

J-man's Starwars laser engraved alox starts at post 12 in this thread https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,74468.0.html
"LOGIC!  My God, the man's talking about logic!  We're talking about Universal Armageddon!"
Dr.  McCoy

ph Offline an0nemus

• No Life Club
  • I Tool Therefore I Am
Reply #139 on: November 05, 2017, 10:13:07 PM

Def

J-man's Starwars laser engraved alox starts at post 12 in this thread https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,74468.0.html
Ah yes. Thank you!

us Offline Douglas

• No Life Club
Reply #140 on: November 05, 2017, 10:32:47 PM

Def

Ah yes. Thank you!
So are you guys over there close to figuring out how many will be on your group order?  Just curious, hoping to see this be a record sell out for MTO and it seems to have slown way down.   Need all the help we can get. :pok: :pok: :climber:
Dr.  McCoy

us Offline zrxoa1

• No Life Club
Reply #141 on: November 05, 2017, 10:34:46 PM
So if we don’t sell 100, is the order cancelled?

Also, are we being charged now or when the SAKs actually are orders or come in?

Just curious...

us Offline Douglas

• No Life Club
Reply #142 on: November 05, 2017, 10:55:48 PM
We do not have to sell all 100 to place the order.
  Just don't want to see Grant/Def/MTo stuck with a lot of unsold inventory.  The longer we take the lower the enthusiasm. The lower the enthusiam the fewer sales and the more Grant is stuck with.
  This is a preorder and will be charged when the preorder is placed as a means to keep MTo and or Grant specificaly from having to put thousands up front out of his own personal pocket.  Vic will not start production on a special order like this with out prepayment.
  I understand and unfortunately after having been in business have to agree with their policy.  It is the only way they have of protectlng their business, employees, and us thier customers from the unscrupulous components with in our world.  Another reason for prepayment is Vic' will give a better price for cash up front.  It just takes all the risk out for them.

I hope every one understands and is also in agreement, and I want to apologise for any difficulties any may have experianced during this process.
I think this started off with far more furver than we had expected.  If given the oportunity to do some thing like this again I know I personaly will be better prepaired.

Thanks every one for all your support and lets keep this thing rolling
Dr.  McCoy

us Offline zrxoa1

• No Life Club
Reply #143 on: November 05, 2017, 11:11:36 PM
All sounds great!  Thanks for all the info and the “legwork” you and Grant have done!

MT.O special or not, that gorgeous RED PX will replace my current PX as my EDC SAKMC!!!!  Can’t wait!!!

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #144 on: November 05, 2017, 11:20:04 PM
From my perspective, it seems to be going fairly well.  :salute: Any idea on how many pre-ordered units we have so far?

I expect we'll get more pre-orders over the next week or so. I noticed that the "Are you Serious" thread slowly built momentum over time. I suspect we'll see the same here as less frequent visitors notice this thread. (But let's keep it up at the top of the front page!)

It's a great concept using a great SAK. Build it and they will come. I've held off ordering a second so as to let other members jump in on this, but will try to order a second toward the end of the pre-order period. Give it a little time to come to fruition.  :tu:

ch Offline Sneider

• No Life Club
Reply #145 on: November 05, 2017, 11:36:13 PM
  Just don't want to see Grant/Def/MTo stuck with a lot of unsold inventory.  The longer we take the lower the enthusiasm. The lower the enthusiam the fewer sales and the more Grant is stuck with.
  This is a preorder and will be charged when the preorder is placed as a means to keep MTo and or Grant specificaly from having to put thousands up front out of his own personal pocket.  Vic will not start production on a special order like this with out prepayment.
  I understand and unfortunately after having been in business have to agree with their policy.  It is the only way they have of protectlng their business, employees, and us thier customers from the unscrupulous components with in our world.  Another reason for prepayment is Vic' will give a better price for cash up front.  It just takes all the risk out for them.

I hope every one understands and is also in agreement, and I want to apologise for any difficulties any may have experianced during this process.
I think this started off with far more furver than we had expected.  If given the oportunity to do some thing like this again I know I personaly will be better prepaired.

The unsold knives are blocked money for Grant, I understand that.
But I think when the knives are in circulation and photos of them coming in the social media,
the unsold knives will sell out quickly.

100 pieces is the minimal edition and also interesting for collectors *.
I also had some limited editions produced at victorinox and knows how it works.

* Maybe interesting to know: Is it clear if it stays with these 100 pieces?
If you want to be happy, be.
(Leo Tolstoy)

us Offline Douglas

• No Life Club
Reply #146 on: November 05, 2017, 11:37:13 PM
From my perspective, it seems to be going fairly well.  :salute: Any idea on how many pre-ordered units we have so far?

I expect we'll get more pre-orders over the next week or so. I noticed that the "Are you Serious" thread slowly built momentum over time. I suspect we'll see the same here as less frequent visitors notice this thread. (But let's keep it up at the top of the front page!)

It's a great concept using a great SAK. Build it and they will come. I've held off ordering a second so as to let other members jump in on this, but will try to order a second toward the end of the pre-order period. Give it a little time to come to fruition.  :tu:

Thanks Nix for keeping me grounded.   :hatsoff:  I'm impatient just ask my Wife. :whistle:
At last check a few min ago we show to have pre-sold 46  :tu: so that leaves 54 to go.  :pok: :pok:  Still a big chunck of money for Grant/ Mto to have to front.  I would like to see that be a small as possible. 
I want to see a lot more special projects to come.   :drool: :drool:
They can only happen if we can keep them for being an expense on MTo.  Special projects like this should always be an investment never an expense.
Considering this was anounced less than 3 days ago it is realy great.  :tu: :tu:
I just don't want to loose the momentum,  if you know what I mean...
Dr.  McCoy

us Offline Douglas

• No Life Club
Reply #147 on: November 05, 2017, 11:40:20 PM

The unsold knives are blocked money for Grant, I understand that.
But I think when the knives are in circulation and photos of them coming in the social media,
the unsold knives will sell out quickly.

100 pieces is the minimal edition and also interesting for collectors *.
I also had some limited editions produced at victorinox and knows how it works.

* Maybe interesting to know: Is it clear if it stays with these 100 pieces?

AT THIS TIME, there are no plans to extend the production past the original 100.
If there is enough interest I might see if we could get a new special project going.  With Grant's blessing of course.
Dr.  McCoy

us Offline Douglas

• No Life Club
Reply #148 on: November 05, 2017, 11:49:00 PM
Sneider,
Got some pictures of your limited edition run/runs?
Dr.  McCoy

es Offline koke

Reply #149 on: November 05, 2017, 11:52:08 PM
I'm finally in +1

:tu:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $168.99
PayPal Fees: $9.87
Net Balance: $159.12