Multitool.org Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Old timer noob question 665

No Life Club Posts: 2,422 Douglas's papa
Old timer noob question
« on: November 06, 2017, 09:15:10 PM »
As many of you already know, the champ has been my go to SAK since 1974. It has also been my only SAK until now.  I bought my first SAK that was not a Champ on the bay of E & just got it today. A Vic Skipper, the person I bought it from was throwing in a free gift with purchase & mine was a little amber colored vic Classic. The camera in this Kindle leaves a lot to be desired so no pics right now, but here is the question..
On the scissors side there is a little slider built into the scales, there is a small round hole in the end of the scale & the slider pushes something out there. It is absolutely not a toothpick. Does anybody know what belongs in there?........???........sadly confused........ :think:
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 09:29:40 PM by Butch »

Shoot low sheriff, they're riddin' shetlands
SAKMC unit number BR549
137% Redneck
I would like to apologise to anyone I have not offended. Please be patient, I will get to you shortly.
Just a small personal observation.  ...........I would not be at all surprised that when God created the Earth & the heavens, that the SwissChamp was the tool he used. .............. :hatsoff:
No Life Club Posts: 4,013
Re: Old timer noob question
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 09:17:17 PM »
Hi Butch, the description fits an extendible ballpoint pen...

Sent on my SM-G930F with Tapatalk

Cheers!
Dutch_Tooler

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2017, 09:25:33 PM »
Hi Butch, the description fits an extendible ballpoint pen...

:like:
That would most likely be what it was..........now to try to find one. .........then figger how to get it back in there. It is amazing  how much I still dont know..........even though I'm older'n dirt............ Hush Doug..........(*PHBBT*)  :P

:pok:
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 09:27:32 PM by Butch »

SAKMC unit number BR549
137% Redneck
I would like to apologise to anyone I have not offended. Please be patient, I will get to you shortly.
Just a small personal observation.  ...........I would not be at all surprised that when God created the Earth & the heavens, that the SwissChamp was the tool he used. .............. :hatsoff:
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 9,224
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2017, 09:27:04 PM »
Hold on Butch, I'll take some pics for you...

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2017, 09:28:30 PM »
Hold on Butch, I'll take some pics for you...

Would be much appreciated. :like: :climber:

SAKMC unit number BR549
137% Redneck
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2017, 09:32:43 PM »
The light's gone here now, so the pics are a bit poor. This is what's on my minichamp:

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2017, 09:36:44 PM »
Yip, that is it. TY so much, now gotta find one that is small enough for the little SAK classic.
Ahh the problems of retirement.........sigh :facepalm: :facepalm: :climber: :like:

SAKMC unit number BR549
137% Redneck
No Life Club Posts: 4,013
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2017, 09:43:49 PM »
The best part is... these are available new for a few bucks. Try searching for Victorinox Swiss Army Retractable Pen 58mm or any combination of these words on your favoured online shopping site.

Cheers!
Dutch_Tooler

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2017, 09:44:37 PM »
There's plenty about, they'll be a few on the bay... make sure you get the right one though, there's two different types (i think?) - you want the retractable one.

Edit: Ah... Dutchy's beat me to it!!!

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2017, 09:47:36 PM »
There's plenty about, they'll be a few on the bay... make sure you get the right one though, there's two different types (i think?) - you want the retractable one.

Edit: Ah... Dutchy's beat me to it!!!

Gotcha, & done & done........looks like you just pull the old one out & pop the new one in. :mail:

SAKMC unit number BR549
137% Redneck
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2017, 10:00:31 PM »
Yeah, it just clicks in with very little effort.

Head Turd Polisher Administrator Just Bananas Posts: 62,088 Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2017, 11:26:59 PM »

SAKMC unit number BR549
137% Redneck
Global Moderator Absolute Zombie Club Posts: 26,028
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2017, 11:47:40 PM »
The pen is a great addition to the 58mm SAKs.  I use my Managers quite often. 

Esse Quam Videri
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2017, 01:03:56 AM »

Pretty sure mine is the signature but hey what do I know past the champ................hush Doug........... :hatsoff:  :drink:

SAKMC unit number BR549
137% Redneck
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 8,341
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2017, 01:07:48 AM »
The light's gone here now, so the pics are a bit poor.
Just get Mags to pop around and replace his cameras your bulbs.

No Life Club Posts: 4,064
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2017, 01:21:57 AM »

"LOGIC!  My God, the man's talking about logic!  We're talking about Universal Armageddon!"
Dr.  McCoy

MTo...The BEST place on Earth!
Global Moderator Absolute Zombie Club Posts: 26,028
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2017, 06:49:41 AM »

Pretty sure mine is the signature but hey what do I know past the champ................hush Doug........... :hatsoff:  :drink:

I've got a MiniChamp with pen too.  I prefer my 58mm SAK with pens.  Heck I prefer my SAKs with pens.  Plus scales turns an already wonderful tool into wonderfuller.     

Esse Quam Videri
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2017, 10:32:09 AM »
 :like:

I've got a MiniChamp with pen too.  I prefer my 58mm SAK with pens.  Heck I prefer my SAKs with pens.  Plus scales turns an already wonderful tool into wonderfuller.   

:like: :climber:

SAKMC unit number BR549
137% Redneck
Hero Member Posts: 842 There's a SAK for that!
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2017, 12:21:08 PM »
That would most likely be what it was..........now to try to find one. .........then figger how to get it back in there. It is amazing  how much I still dont know..........even though I'm older'n dirt

Well, they say you are never to old to learn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-bYZ9qhiuA

Most Victorinox dealers have them in stock. Or you can order them there or online.
It's a really useful pen.I use it more than I thought.

My SAK collection and more: http://pocketknives.home.blog

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
October Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Total Receipts: $135.46
PayPal Fees: $7.14
Net Balance: $128.32
Below Goal: $171.68
Site Currency: USD