Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

SAKs Prevent Death

us Offline El Corkscrew

• Absolutely No Life Club
SAKs Prevent Death
on: November 10, 2017, 03:01:44 AM
Today I found myself watching a program currently on Netflix called Curious and Unusual Deaths (https://www.netflix.com/nu/title/80116208)

In the particular episode I was watching, pretty much awl of the deaths could have been prevented with a Swiss Army Knife.

First, a man is swiftly lifted in the air by a giant kite, the size of a football field. He was walking around the perimeter of the giant kite when a gust of wind sent the kite airborne and homeboy's leg got caught in the string taking him up with it.   He just kept soaring higher and higher until he eventually fell to his death....  Could a SAK possibly have prevented this curious and unusual death?  I firmly believe so.

Second, a man was cleaning out his closet when he jumped down from his footstool causing a massive armoire to tip over and wedge itself against the door and trapping him in the closet.  He eventually broke a pipe off the wall which flooded the closet and caused him to get a severe case of bronchitis.  Starved and weak, he suffocated.   A SAK DEFINITELY could have got him out of that closet and prevented this curious and unusual death.  No question.

The last one is similar to the first one in that it is very time-sensitive.  A woman was wearing a long silk scarf and riding in a carriage when the scarf got caught in the wheel... and you can probably sort out the rest yourself.  If you were fast with getting that SAK out, like lightning fast, perhaps you could have prevented this curios and unusual death.

death prevention apparatus.jpg
* death prevention apparatus.jpg (Filesize: 119.27 KB)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 03:35:10 AM by El Corkscrew »
“All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.” - Mark Twain

us Offline Butch

• No Life Club
  • Douglas's papa
Re: SAKs Prevent Death
Reply #1 on: November 10, 2017, 03:16:58 AM
Today I found myself watching a program currently on Netflix called Curious and Unusual Deaths (https://www.netflix.com/nu/title/80116208)

In the particular episode I was watching, pretty much awl of the deaths could have been prevented with a Swiss Army Knife.

First, a man is swiftly lifted in the air by a giant kite, the size of a football field. He was walking around the perimeter of the giant kite when a gust of wind sent the kite airborne and homeboy's leg got caught in the string taking him up with it.   He just kept soaring higher and higher until he eventually fell to his death....  Could a SAK possibly have prevented this curious and unusual death?  I firmly believe so.

Second, a man was cleaning out his closet when he jumped down from his footstool causing a massive armoire to tip over and trapping him in the closet.  He eventually broke a pipe off the wall which flooded the closet and caused him to get a severe case of bronchitis.  Starved and weak, he suffocated.   A SAK DEFINITELY could have got him out of that closet and prevented this curious and unusual death.  No question.

The last one is similar to the first one in that it is very time-sensitive.  A woman was wearing a long silk scarf and riding in a carriage when the scarf got caught in the wheel... and you can probably sort out the rest yourself.  If you were fast with getting that SAK out, like lightning fast, perhaps you could have prevented this curios and unusual death.
Very good point :like:

In 2 cases it would be vitally important to make sure that you keep your SAK sharp................just sayin'...........

:tu: :whistle:
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 03:18:01 AM by Butch »
Shoot low sheriff, they're riddin' shetlands
SAKMC unit number BR549
137% Redneck
I would like to apologise to anyone I have not offended. Please be patient, I will get to you shortly.
Just a small personal observation.  ...........I would not be at all surprised that when God created the Earth & the heavens, that the SwissChamp was the tool he used. .............. :hatsoff:

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #2 on: November 10, 2017, 03:46:58 AM
I think in all of those situations you would want a one handed opener like an OHT, Rescue Tool or Dual Pro as trying to open the blade with both hands might be a bit awkward as a kite or carriage is pulling you away.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #3 on: November 10, 2017, 05:37:59 AM

Very good point :like:

In 2 cases it would be vitally important to make sure that you keep your SAK sharp................just sayin'...........

:tu: :whistle:
:D :cheers:
“All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.” - Mark Twain

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #4 on: November 10, 2017, 05:41:48 AM
I think in all of those situations you would want a one handed opener like an OHT, Rescue Tool or Dual Pro as trying to open the blade with both hands might be a bit awkward as a kite or carriage is pulling you away.

Def

Good point. The whole suddenly being yanked by the neck thing can get kinda distracting I imagine.    Better have go-go gadget blade in that situation.  sheesh.   :cheers:

gb Offline Fuzzbucket

Reply #5 on: November 10, 2017, 05:32:37 PM

Second, a man was cleaning out his closet when he jumped down from his footstool causing a massive armoire to tip over and wedge itself against the door and trapping him in the closet.  He eventually broke a pipe off the wall which flooded the closet and caused him to get a severe case of bronchitis.  Starved and weak, he suffocated.   A SAK DEFINITELY could have got him out of that closet and prevented this curious and unusual death.  No question.

"Second, a man was cleaning out his closet when he jumped down from his footstool causing a massive armoire to tip over and wedge itself against the door and trapping him in the closet.  He eventually broke a pipe off the wall which flooded the closet and caused him to get a severe case of bronchitis.  Starved and weak, he suffocated.   A SAK DEFINITELY could have got him out of that closet and prevented this curious and unusual death.  No question."

Sorry I'm just kidding. Being serious for a min, the last one you mention was Isadora Duncan - a famouse dancer.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isadora_Duncan

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD