Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Kershaw Decoy ?

bg Offline N_N_R

• Absolutely No Life Club
Kershaw Decoy ?
on: December 21, 2017, 09:00:57 AM
Hi guys,

Does anone have any impressions from this knife? I watched some YT vids where people almost hated it ... I like the looks of it and right now I'm on a serious budget, so I kinda like the price, too  :rofl: And I haven't bought a knife or a tool for two years, I think  :oops: :twak: So I was thnking of getting this for myself for Christmas.
I like the size, but some people sayit's not easy to deploy.... anyway, any impressions and comments will be welcome  :angel: :pok: :pok: :pok:

gb Offline Man in the Moon

Re: Kershaw Decoy ?
Reply #1 on: December 21, 2017, 07:17:05 PM
At first sight the tip of the blade looks a little fragile and it does look hard to deploy.   I used to own a Spyderco Bug which used the same blade steel (3Cr13, I think). That particular knife refused to hold an edge and although not expensive was still a waste of money. My own experience of budget priced folding knives has never been very positive..... ???

us Offline Higgins617

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: December 21, 2017, 07:22:36 PM
I've not used this model, but have had pretty good success with Kershaw's 3CR steel. Again, won't mistake it for something high end but I find it plenty serviceable. Will need fairly routine touching up though
I'm a total legend..... in my own mind- Herley

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #3 on: December 22, 2017, 04:36:09 PM
TBH I'd go for a Cold Steel Tuff Lite for that blade shape, size and better steel.  :salute:
They are very positively valued even among Cold Steel haters and they've been around for years, being top sales and consistent quality for half a decade now.   :tu:

3Cr13MoV is the lowest class of Chinese steels and won't do much but the simplest of tasks, but some seem to get by well enough with it, like Higgins with his Kershaw cinder (https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,74814.0.html). Kershaw might do a better job with this steel than others  :think:

but for that price, if it appeals to you go for it!  ;)
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

bg Offline N_N_R

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #4 on: December 23, 2017, 08:18:16 AM
Thanks, guys!

us Offline charlie fox

Reply #5 on: December 23, 2017, 01:20:21 PM
Got a chance to play with one yesterday; not a fan. That extra long flipper is extra long and pokey. It didn’t  open well and felt really cramped in my hand. I would have bought it just for the blade shape, but there were too many negatives.
"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you."

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%