Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Sharpening - Please educate me!

Guest · 36 · 3679

gb Offline Magic Bus

• No Life Club
  • Ruler of the E01 society!!
Re: Sharpening - Please educate me!
Reply #30 on: November 06, 2008, 08:05:52 PM
Well, I received my DC4 stone earlier this week. My Vic Spartan will now slice paper, and I put a fearful edge on my Normark Big Swede folder  :cheers: I have had this knife since a teenager, mid 1970's by the way. It's an EKA knife, and probably cost me quite a lot of pocket money at the time  :D  It's steel appears to be pretty hard, and I had always struggled to sharpen it before. I love this knife BTW since I have owned it for so many years.
Gabba gabba hey!!

us Offline NeitherExtreme

• No Life Club
  • Marsh-wiggle
Reply #31 on: November 06, 2008, 08:07:36 PM
Anyone here know how do make a good convex edge? I've been curious about that for a while... :think:

here ya go bro; http://barkriverknives.com/home.html (then click on convex sharpening)
That's exactly the kinda thing I was looking for. :tu:

us Offline stressmaster5000

• No Life Club
  • No PM's - just email please
Reply #32 on: November 06, 2008, 09:04:03 PM
Well, I received my DC4 stone earlier this week. My Vic Spartan will now slice paper, and I put a fearful edge on my Normark Big Swede folder  :cheers: I have had this knife since a teenager, mid 1970's by the way. It's an EKA knife, and probably cost me quite a lot of pocket money at the time  :D  It's steel appears to be pretty hard, and I had always struggled to sharpen it before. I love this knife BTW since I have owned it for so many years.
I know what you mean with that Swede, I have a Swede, Big Swede and a Super Swede and it makes a great fishing knife. The blade holds an edge well. I love my Swede's/Normark's. :tu:

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #33 on: November 06, 2008, 09:50:31 PM
Is it still made from 2C27 Sandvik ???, if so that's a perfect real world steel :)
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

gb Offline Magic Bus

• No Life Club
  • Ruler of the E01 society!!
Reply #34 on: November 06, 2008, 11:18:51 PM
Is it still made from 2C27 Sandvik ???, if so that's a perfect real world steel :)

I'm not sure what it's made of, but it's a simple well made knife. A definite no for EDC these days though.
Gabba gabba hey!!

ph Offline duckman1975

• No Life Club
  • Naked without my multitool!
Reply #35 on: November 07, 2008, 01:39:10 AM
Just sharpen a cheap old rambo survival knife I found at home with the SURGE's diamond file fine side. 40 degrees angle, sharp edge facing down going down and sharp edge the other side facing up going down, learned to estimate 40 degrees because I always use the sharpmaker. Its not razor sharp but manage to cut some hair off my legs :D
Multitools are the best thing that happened to mankind since the invention of the wheel!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%