Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

House of Styx

styx · 400 · 11135

hr Offline styx

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: House of Styx
Reply #120 on: December 26, 2017, 09:19:13 PM
Q: What's brown and sticky?
A:
Show content
A stick.  ::)

well that sort of makes sense
Solving problems you didn't know you had in the most obscure way possible

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #121 on: December 26, 2017, 09:38:01 PM
Q: What's brown and sticky?
A:
Show content
A stick.  ::)

well that sort of makes sense
I knew the answer, but only because I've seen that silly joke before.  ::)
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

hr Offline styx

Reply #122 on: January 03, 2018, 10:56:45 AM
Well this just arrived

2018-01-03_10-25-49

Some size perspective the the Pioneer and Mora No1
2018-01-03_10-26-53

First off if you don't hear from me for a few days, I got arrested for running around with a hatchet. Not sure what the laws on EDCing a hatchet are. Second I'm thinking of making one of these sheaths for is

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

hr Offline styx

Reply #123 on: January 18, 2018, 06:42:37 PM
How many of you are familiar with story cubes? Basically they are cubes with different figures, items and so on on them and a random roll determines what one has to use in a story.

Now the question is who is talented enough and crazy or bored enough to try and make a few MTO cubes?

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #124 on: January 18, 2018, 09:23:35 PM
MTO cubes :o :dd: Not enough talent to make myself but would love to see one or several :whistle:

:like: :like:

:popcorn:

hr Offline styx

Reply #125 on: January 18, 2018, 09:39:47 PM
where is Uncle Def with his Gandalf like knowledge of people's hidden talents when oyu need him?

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #126 on: January 20, 2018, 03:47:46 AM
where is Uncle Def with his Gandalf like knowledge of people's hidden talents when oyu need him?

:shrug:

hr Offline styx

Reply #127 on: January 20, 2018, 10:56:30 AM
oh well, new day and a new adventure. or misadventue in Def's case

hr Offline styx

Reply #128 on: January 25, 2018, 03:23:39 PM
tried EDCing some old knives that don't see much action any more. the Schrade Old Timer is a nice knife that is well suited for hiking and camping. Sage 1 on the other hand is something I have fallen out of love with

hr Offline styx

Reply #129 on: February 10, 2018, 11:13:23 AM
yesterday was the last day of 10x10 cycle in the gym. doing 100 squats above your own bodyweight should be banned by the Geneva convention

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #130 on: February 10, 2018, 12:03:28 PM
100?!?! I could barely squat that many times with just me :ahhh :D

hr Offline styx

Reply #131 on: February 10, 2018, 02:20:22 PM
I actually messed up. on Tuesday I loaded the bar incorrectly so had to repeat the weight instead of progressing on. the next cycle is 10x6 so should be less of a death coming for you feel

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #132 on: February 10, 2018, 02:52:47 PM
I'm surprised to see that the Pocketwrench isn't twisted up :dwts:

Tell me styx, on average weekend, do you turn green perhaps? :think:

hr Offline styx

Reply #133 on: February 10, 2018, 03:19:35 PM
I'm surprised to see that the Pocketwrench isn't twisted up :dwts:

now that you mention it I do have lapses of memory at times and in my family we don't even know the meaning of the word fuse so maybe

hr Offline styx

Reply #134 on: February 19, 2018, 07:26:14 PM
is it just me or is there a trend of tailoring down clothes to what seems hobbit size? this past Saturday I actually got kicked out of a shop for asking the sales girl if she could show me where they keep mens pants because all I could find were anorexic dwarf sized

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #135 on: February 19, 2018, 07:30:54 PM
First things first.

Have the doorways in your house turned smaller as well?
If so, the problem might be with yourself...

Second: have you moved to an Asian country?
I usualy find their sizes to be 1 off
(Medium = Small)

Next: is the store selling Asian made clothes?

And most off all, how big where the salesgirl's boots if she managed to kick you out?
Was it Lynda?! :dd:

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #136 on: February 19, 2018, 07:32:48 PM
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 07:33:57 PM by Mechanickal »

nz Offline Syncop8r

Reply #137 on: February 19, 2018, 08:47:44 PM
I hate the trend of "Chinos" very baggy in the seat (often with the crotch worn down near the knees) and very tight around the lower legs.  :rant:

hr Offline styx

Reply #138 on: February 19, 2018, 08:51:28 PM
wasn't the sales girl that did the kicking out. wish she did 'cause that would have been funny to see. can you imagine a barely 160cm, maybe 54kg girl trying to toss someone out?

now to your questions:
1 - not that I've noticed, but then again I've been hitting my shoulder on the same damn doorframe for 23 years now
2 - no
3 - isn't everything made in Asian countries these days?

hr Offline styx

Reply #139 on: February 19, 2018, 08:52:23 PM
I hate the trend of "Chinos" very baggy in the seat (often with the crotch worn down near the knees) and very tight around the lower legs.  :rant:

so they look like carrots

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #140 on: February 19, 2018, 08:56:24 PM
Chino's exist in so many forms.
I swear by them!
Not the skinnies though...

hr Offline styx

Reply #141 on: February 19, 2018, 09:48:58 PM
Chino's exist in so many forms.
I swear by them!
Not the skinnies though...

they are an excellent pant for a lot of things. if you can find them in your size

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #142 on: February 20, 2018, 02:12:26 PM
fun thing, "Chinos" in Spanish means "Chinese people" but generally said in a despective way. Like saying "look, that man standing there is a Chino" or "all those you see there are Chinos" to mean it in an insulting and impolite way   :P

The same word is used for $0.99 stores where you can find almost anything for cheap and low quality, so it's another name for "Chinese made quantity over quality" type of stores.

if you say "I bought this ---- in the Chinos" it means you got it at the cheapest price and probably cheapest quality possible  :salute:
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

hr Offline styx

Reply #143 on: February 20, 2018, 08:07:25 PM
fun thing, "Chinos" in Spanish means "Chinese people" but generally said in a despective way. Like saying "look, that man standing there is a Chino" or "all those you see there are Chinos" to mean it in an insulting and impolite way   :P

The same word is used for $0.99 stores where you can find almost anything for cheap and low quality, so it's another name for "Chinese made quantity over quality" type of stores.

if you say "I bought this ---- in the Chinos" it means you got it at the cheapest price and probably cheapest quality possible  :salute:

I remember there is a nursery rhyme in Latino culture that is quite insulting to Asians

hr Offline styx

Reply #144 on: March 29, 2018, 09:08:59 PM
so apparently I'm quite useful for intimidation

my grandmother bought some carpets, one they had when she bought 'em and the other was supposed to be delivered yesterday. since it wasn't my mother went to the store today to ask what is going on. to put it mildly they were not cooperative or friendly. then she went back but asked me to tag along. the manager saw her, opened his mouth to say something, then saw me walk in behind her and suddenly remembered he had some urgent business. oddly the missing carpet was found within 3 minutes.

and i didn't even get to do the Scent of a woman speech (I'd bring a flamethrower to this place)

hr Offline styx

Reply #145 on: March 30, 2018, 09:10:15 PM
and I've killed a third beard trimmer :twak:

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #146 on: March 30, 2018, 09:33:05 PM

Again:

And sounds like your beard is made from steel wire on top of that :ahhh

hr Offline styx

Reply #147 on: March 30, 2018, 10:34:13 PM

Again:

And sounds like your beard is made from steel wire on top of that :ahhh

oddly it really does sound like that

fi Offline AlephZero

• Smurf smash!
Reply #148 on: March 31, 2018, 05:18:45 AM
and I've killed a third beard trimmer :twak:

Do you have steel wool for a beard?  :pok:

Edit: Obviously I was beat to the punch... bummer  :cry:
"Hoarder of weirdness,
Always posting random things,
I'm AlephZero" :ninja:

00 Offline Mechanickal