Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Premium multi tool

nl Offline Ron Who

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • I'm blue!
Premium multi tool
on: December 27, 2017, 10:50:42 PM
Found this ad in a recent magazine.

The Sheffield Premium Hammer Tool is the perfect gadget for DIY and puts a complete tool chest on your belt. The 14-in-1 Sheffield Hammer Multi-Tool offers high quality, versatility and durability.  The Sheffield Hammer Multi-Tool has got it all, in a sleek design of steel and polished hardwood ...(E 14).
« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 10:53:57 PM by Ron Who »

nl Offline Ron Who

• I'm blue!
Re: Premium multi tool
Reply #1 on: December 27, 2017, 10:51:49 PM
The Sheffield 14-in-1 Hammer Multi-Tool
DSC09180-sheffield-hammer.jpg
* DSC09180-sheffield-hammer.jpg (Filesize: 194.34 KB)

Offline mikekoz

Reply #2 on: December 27, 2017, 11:25:12 PM
   I have a tool similar to that, but not made by Sheffield. Everything I have ever purchased that had the Sheffield name on it, except one multi tool I got years ago, has been garbage.  I would not waste your money!  :facepalm:

us Offline Lynn LeFey

• Any tool is better than nothing. Some not by much
Reply #3 on: December 27, 2017, 11:28:03 PM
I've had 2 good Sheffields. One was a PST knockoff, and one was like a miniature PSTII. Both great.

And then a bunch of terrible.

If I could find one cheap enough, I'd probably get one of those hammer MTs just for the oddity of it.

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #4 on: December 28, 2017, 01:59:00 PM
we have a thread on those type of MTs in which I and others commented on ours and what we like/dislike of our particular hammer MTs.
Mine was very similar to those one  :salute:
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #5 on: December 28, 2017, 02:16:58 PM
Sooo.... Are the pliers on the blunt side or more like fine? :shrug:
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

Offline mikekoz

Reply #6 on: December 28, 2017, 02:59:33 PM
I've had 2 good Sheffields. One was a PST knockoff, and one was like a miniature PSTII. Both great.

If I could find one cheap enough, I'd probably get one of those hammer MTs just for the oddity of it.

The PST knockoff you have is probably close to the one I have that I like. Mine is about the size of The LM Supertool, has all locking tools, and has red-ish white rubber on the handles.  It is king of crudely made, but the tools are not polished like what you see on a lot of current cheap multi's, and the drivers do not slip out of screws!

us Offline Lynn LeFey

• Any tool is better than nothing. Some not by much
Reply #7 on: December 28, 2017, 05:42:29 PM

The PST knockoff you have is probably close to the one I have that I like. Mine is about the size of The LM Supertool, has all locking tools, and has red-ish white rubber on the handles.  It is king of crudely made, but the tools are not polished like what you see on a lot of current cheap multi's, and the drivers do not slip out of screws!

It's the smaller one than the one you're describing. It's almost exactly the same size as the PST. Branded 'Sheffield 1200E'

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%