Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Sog PowerAssist pliers side-to-side play!

Offline Bancomat85

Sog PowerAssist pliers side-to-side play!
on: May 16, 2018, 02:36:45 PM
Hi guys! I get a Power Assist S66 a few days ago, and i love it already! The a.o. Blades are really usefull and i love the possibility to swap the tools and create a custom multitool.... But... Playing around with the Sog i see that the pliers has a significant side-to-side play, like if the bolts are too much loose... I also noticed that by putting pressure on the compound system with the hands, it compresses itself by a few millimeters, as if it were too wide. Once compressed, the movement disappears and the clamp is firm. Has anyone ever experienced something like this with a SOG? How can I solve it? I would like to avoid sending it in guarantee, because it would be away for at least 3 weeks (I am in Italy).

Inviato dal mio MI MAX 2 utilizzando Tapatalk

tr Offline ddogu

• No Life Club
Re: Sog PowerAssist pliers side-to-side play!
Reply #1 on: May 18, 2018, 08:23:17 AM
I have a PowerAssist (bought it second-hand) and has no play at the pliers. The knife though, does have a up-down and -side-to-side play (there are no more directions to play anyway lol). I read this about other SOG's too. First I thought this was because of the spring mechanism but the serrated knife has zero play, so dunno...

On the other hand, I had a Gerber MP600 DET and its pliers played like hell. Still, I never had any problems while using them.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%