Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

NexTool Flagship Multitool - Looks good!

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
Re: NexTool Flagship Multitool - Looks good!
Reply #30 on: May 01, 2019, 07:47:43 PM
A rock is a better multi-tool than the Magnus. :rofl:
The Magbus has locking blade and saw, with a very long reach phillips. :pok:

But, there again, it is almost an entire pound in weight and has smallish pliers with a CC. CC pliers on a budget tool? Do they really think a Military explosives expert or explosives technician is going to carry a Magnus? :rofl:

The openers and cord cutter seem to have good retention, but the cord-cutter seems too thin to have a Phillips on its tip. Not to mention it does not lock, and is bladed, so, not the best implement I've seen.

There are three short implements there. Have a claw opener, like Leatherman, to cover the openers, and then, in the two remaining slots, have a nice, thick, square shank Phillips, so that you can fit the Ganzo adapter and get more use out of the tool. Retention seems adequate, the cord cutter is not really needed on a tool that has a one-handed blade.

I am pretty sure I'll get it. Lots of reviews on it, mostly Russian, but the handles seem smooth, and everything works on it. As for Leatherman wire-cutters fitting in there, I guess I'll have to test that out myself. Even if they do not fit, I imaging they'll start selling replacements separately. If so, I'll probably get a set. And they might even fit my LM tools. Fingers crossed.
Thank you for the info, RP! :cheers:
May need to get one at some point. Been sometime since I've bought any C&C tools. :woohoo:
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.

us Offline ChopperCharles

• No Life Club
Reply #32 on: July 01, 2019, 06:05:05 PM
Likely non-locking so it can be sold in the UK and EU countries that ban lockign blades.

He should have cut it a little deeper adn then filed the tang until it was a tight lockup. His lockup is too loose.

Charles.

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #33 on: July 02, 2019, 06:17:39 AM
Likely non-locking so it can be sold in the UK and EU countries that ban locking blades.

He should have cut it a little deeper and then filed the tang until it was a tight lockup. His lockup is too loose.

Charles.

Maybe, but the liner is pre-cut on the side. Maybe they intended to make it a locking blade, and changed their mind, or they might offer a variant with locking blade in the future.
The lock-up was fine when he tightened the screw.

Offline mikekoz

Reply #34 on: July 19, 2019, 06:57:27 PM
   I just ordered one of these. Amazon had it for $39.99 and giving an additional 15% off. Will have it tomorrow and I will give my first impressions shortly afterwards!  :D

Offline mikekoz

Reply #35 on: July 21, 2019, 01:10:34 AM
   I just received this earlier today. For the most part, I am very impressed! I got the Nextool Flagship Pro model with locking blade and saw. The finish on it is very good, much like the Roxon 801. Both tools are similar in some ways, but most of the tools on the Nextool are larger and seem a bit more heavy duty, except the philips driver. Putting it on the end of the cord cutter was an odd choice. It seems like it would be good for light duty purposes, but the cutter may twist if too much force is used. The only other complaint I have about it is that it did not come with a sheath. When I opened the box the tool was in a pouch that closes with string at the top. This does not seem to serve any purpose.  Fortunately I have a ton of cheapo multitools that have sheaths and I found one for it!!   

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #36 on: July 21, 2019, 09:30:03 AM
That is so nice to hear! The blade locks too?  :cheers:
Can I get the link and maybe a ton of pictures please? :angel:

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #37 on: July 21, 2019, 09:51:45 AM
Also, do Leatherman wire-cutters fit in its pliers? They look like they're the same shape.

Offline mikekoz

Reply #38 on: July 21, 2019, 11:53:35 PM
Nextool1" border="0
Nextool2" border="0
Nextool3" border="0
Nextool4" border="0
Nextool5" border="0

Here is a link to the tool on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MX7M9L3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Sorry, but I have no idea if Leatherman wire cutters will fit on this. If I had to guess, I would say no!   

I have not had a chance to use it, but will say that the blade is razor sharp out of the box and so is the saw. The scissors are a lot easier to deploy than the Roxon 801 also. The pliers are comfortable.  Its weakness is it is not a good choice for a multitool if you do a lot of screwing. The two drivers on it are just so so. The rest of it seems top notch!

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #39 on: July 22, 2019, 04:38:26 AM
Awesome! Too bad about the drivers, but it does look very nice. Can't wait to try it out! :cheers:

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #40 on: October 22, 2019, 10:23:10 AM
Yup, just like I feared. Looks like I'll have to swap the can opener position again, like in the Storm. :facepalm:
Can opener could not hook on the can when used right-handed. It is too deep in the handle. Left-handed it works.
(Image removed from quote.)

I was wrong about why it failed. Swapping position will not help.  :facepalm:
https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,78010.msg2032530.html#msg2032530

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #41 on: October 22, 2019, 02:39:37 PM
Also, do Leatherman wire-cutters fit in its pliers? They look like they're the same shape.

The answer is no.

us Offline NetsNJ

Reply #42 on: October 22, 2019, 06:08:33 PM
Got this tool off Amazon as well.  It's a beauty.

Offline vigneshkm

• New User
Reply #43 on: November 01, 2019, 09:12:29 PM
RP,

To be completely honest, the Roxon 801 seems like a way better tool overall. The NexTool looks cool, but the drivers are awful looking and the frame looks less refined than the Roxon 801. So, besides a hard-wire thing in the back of the pliers pivot, replaceable cutters(if you can even buy extras), a longer PE blade, slightly better can opener, and locking saw; what is the point? You lose the nice Roxon file(with nice driver on tip), fantastic bottle opener, corkscrew, locking phillips driver(which mounts the bit driver), and the nail puller. Am I missing something?  :think:
For Roxon...I like the usability of the tools other than its knife. Difficult to peel and cut the apple.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Offline the bit

• New User
Reply #44 on: November 09, 2019, 10:44:22 AM
This circled part broke off on mine after about six months (I have the non-Xiaomi-branded version). You can see it's a weak spot even in this marketing photo. I fixed it for now by gluing in a long, thin piece of metal inside the handle, but the problem is there's another similar part on the other side which is also likely to break eventually.

Shame because it's a nice tool otherwise. Except for the can opener. I used the scissors a lot during the summer, that's why I bought it really, big scissors.
red.jpg
* red.jpg (Filesize: 58.88 KB)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69