Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Today's (mis) Adventure

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: Today's (mis) Adventure
Reply #60 on: January 25, 2018, 01:17:05 PM
Here are the photos- even the power folding mirrors were powerless to help!   :ahhh

If my life depended on it I may have tried to get it in there, but as something to do several times per day, every day?  Nope.  Not gonna happen.  My Jeep is barely narrow enough to go through there and the Ram is almost a foot wider, even without the mirrors.   :facepalm:

Of course, even if I had managed to get it down the lane way, there's not much likelihood that I'd have been able to maneuver it into my spot.  There's a very limited amount of space to turn around back there, and even in the Jeep I come remarkably close to crushing two different barbecues as I try to back into my parking space.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • SAK Surgeon
Reply #61 on: January 25, 2018, 02:43:44 PM
I wasn't happy with the slapdash inspection done by the first body shop so I went to another yeaterday.  They insist that they have to get an ok from the insurance company to measure the frame properly, so not much got accomplished.

I decided to go next door to the Dodge dealer and very nearly drove away with a 2017 Dodge Ram.   :facepalm:

In fact, I did on a way- I brought it home on the test drive and found out that it wouldn't fit between the buildings to get to my parking lot so I had to take it back.  :facepalm:

Def

The ram was on my short list too but at the time Ford had better deals on and that sealed it. 
PM me or email sakmodder [at] gmail . com if you are looking for custom SAK work.

Modding thread : Here
Facebook : SAKModder
Instagram : robertjlessard
Youtube : www.youtube.com/robertjlessard

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #62 on: January 25, 2018, 03:01:29 PM
I like the Ram, but given the choice, I'd take the F-150 as well.  Of course, I doubt it would it down between the houses any easier than the Dodge did!   :ahhh

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • SAK Surgeon
Reply #63 on: January 25, 2018, 03:37:23 PM
I like the Ram, but given the choice, I'd take the F-150 as well.  Of course, I doubt it would it down between the houses any easier than the Dodge did!   :ahhh

Def

The full size f150 I have from mirror to mirror is wider than a military Humvee. :D  I have retaining walls on either side of my driveway and if I dont park just right I cant open the door all the way. I installed bumpers on the door edges to protect them as I have hit the concrete many times. 

When I was doing truck research the only negative I could find on the ram was that they had a higher likelihood of transmission failure and costly replacement.   My dad was a lifelong ram guy though and was trying to steer me that way.  He however wasnt looking up repair stats and costs on the internet.

So if you already had a truck when you moved to Ottawa I guess you would have rented elsewhere? 
PM me or email sakmodder [at] gmail . com if you are looking for custom SAK work.

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #64 on: January 25, 2018, 04:46:37 PM
what is wrong with a smaller pick-up ?  e.g Toyota hi lux size?  or, the honda ridgeline for something more car-like ?

easier to park and drive offroad, and enough payload for most.

Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • SAK Surgeon
Reply #65 on: January 25, 2018, 05:03:37 PM
what is wrong with a smaller pick-up ?  e.g Toyota hi lux size?  or, the honda ridgeline for something more car-like ?

For me payload and towing capacity.  The Honda isn't even a truck it's front wheel drive.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #66 on: January 25, 2018, 05:49:26 PM

The Ridgeline isn't an option- it is the most hideous and useless piece of crap ever spewed forth onto this Earth.  I'd rather try to beat the ebola virus out of my man parts with a jagged stick than drive a Ridgeline, let alone pay actual money for one.

The Tacoma is the version of the Hilux offered here, and while I think it's a decent truck, it doesn't provide any advantages over my current vehicle.  The full sized pickups do, which is why I looked at them.  I'm not actually in the market for a new vehicle, but there was an opportunity there so I looked at it.

Def

us Offline G-Dizzle

• No Life Club
Today's (mis) Adventure
Reply #67 on: January 25, 2018, 11:26:46 PM
:whistle: im a recent Ram convert as some of you know. Honestly liked it better than the same price Ford, chevy, toyota, or nissan in just about every way. One reason I liked it is that it felt so wide/big on the inside. The other trucks I drove didnt, so maybe youll have better luck with them. Although feeling wider and being wider are probably different

« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 11:32:37 PM by gdoolittle »

ca Offline jzmtl

Reply #68 on: January 26, 2018, 05:06:29 AM
Did you try to RAM it through the buildings?

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #69 on: January 27, 2018, 12:36:17 AM
Did you try to RAM it through the buildings?

Nope, I DODGEd the buildings!

Def

us Offline ironraven

• No Life Club
  • American Clandestine Materials Executive (ACME)
Reply #70 on: January 27, 2018, 02:35:56 AM
The Ridgeline isn't an option- it is the most hideous and useless piece of crap ever spewed forth onto this Earth.  I'd rather try to beat the ebola virus out of my man parts with a jagged stick than drive a Ridgeline, let alone pay actual money for one.

Tell us how you really feel, Grant. :)
"Even if it is only the handful of people I meet on the street, or in my home, I can still protect them with this one sword" Kenshin Himura

Necessity is the mother of invention. If you're not ready, it's "a mother". If you are, it's "mom".

"I love democracy" Sheev Palpatine, upon his election to Chancellor.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #71 on: January 27, 2018, 01:30:22 PM
I really can't as this is a family friendly forum and I'm already in danger of being banned.   :facepalm:

Def

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #72 on: January 27, 2018, 01:50:16 PM
I'd like to see them try.  >:D
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #73 on: January 27, 2018, 03:01:58 PM
Ben banned me once....

Once.

Def

us Offline NKlamerus

• No Life Club
  • Captain's Apprentice
Reply #74 on: January 27, 2018, 04:00:00 PM
I'm with Grant on the Ridgeline, it upsets me enough that GM had something similar with the Avalanche.

Def does that Dodge have the new coil-over rear end or is it leaf springs?

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #75 on: January 27, 2018, 04:19:54 PM
Many people just want an SUV, an AWD not a 4WD, with  the ability to carry some more load.

Not every pickup owner wants a hard core 4WD with solid axles and hard ride.  I do not know how well the ridgeline is selling (I would love to testdrive one) , but it is like the LM squirt, or signal, or juice, or skeletool - Not everybody needs to carry a Surge or an ST300

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

us Offline G-Dizzle

• No Life Club
Reply #76 on: January 27, 2018, 04:20:12 PM
I'm with Grant on the Ridgeline, it upsets me enough that GM had something similar with the Avalanche.

I think they switched over in 09

us Offline G-Dizzle

• No Life Club
Reply #77 on: January 27, 2018, 04:21:28 PM
Have you seen the underbed storage and the lighting and in cab storage and gadgets on the ridgeline though?

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #78 on: January 27, 2018, 05:01:45 PM
The Ridgeline is quite popular. Owner's seem to love them. Never grabbed my fancy. 

I'll stick with a proper truck until I can downsize to a Jeep (CJ/JK/JL). I had a YJ for about 12 years and absolutely loved that beast, but it doesn't have the all the cargo space one might desire.

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • SAK Surgeon
Reply #79 on: January 27, 2018, 05:55:32 PM
The ridgline is a weird shaped car with bed like truck feature.

If I was going small truck it would be Toyota for sure or wait for the 2019 ranger to be back in North America.  Honda should have a small truck offering but they don't. 

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #80 on: January 27, 2018, 06:26:56 PM
I think Jeep is coming out with a Jeep-style vehicle with a small pick-up bed next year, like the old Scrambler.

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #81 on: January 27, 2018, 06:43:53 PM
I think Jeep is coming out with a Jeep-style vehicle with a small pick-up bed next year, like the old Scrambler.

(Image removed from quote.)

That is sweet   :drool: :drool: :drool:

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #82 on: January 27, 2018, 06:53:08 PM

I like the Avalanche, but then it is based on the Suburban, which is pretty well my absolute favorite SUV/truck, but I know a lot of people didn't like the Avalanche.  It struck me as odd that Honda took the Avalanche concept and said "Hmm.... I'll bet we could smurf that up even more!"

And that's how the Ridgeline was born.  They took everything truck like and removed it, replacing it with a combination of styrofoam and soft cheeses.

Honda should stick to bikes and generators.

Def

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #83 on: January 27, 2018, 07:00:51 PM
cars ?  :)

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • SAK Surgeon
Reply #84 on: January 27, 2018, 07:41:31 PM

I like the Avalanche, but then it is based on the Suburban, which is pretty well my absolute favorite SUV/truck, but I know a lot of people didn't like the Avalanche.  It struck me as odd that Honda took the Avalanche concept and said "Hmm.... I'll bet we could smurf that up even more!"

And that's how the Ridgeline was born.  They took everything truck like and removed it, replacing it with a combination of styrofoam and soft cheeses.

Honda should stick to bikes and generators.

Def

Honda does make the best generator for sure.  I got my eye on an eu2000i for camping/integration into my yet to be built truck camper

us Offline NKlamerus

• No Life Club
  • Captain's Apprentice
Reply #85 on: January 27, 2018, 07:45:58 PM
You definitely won't beat a small Honda Motor, their motorcycles and even the Accord/Civic will run with a bullet in the block

But I have no idea what they were thinking with the Ridgeline

us Offline G-Dizzle

• No Life Club
Reply #86 on: January 27, 2018, 08:29:45 PM

:like: i wonder if it will have a bigger engine

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I am geek, hear me code
Reply #87 on: January 28, 2018, 01:19:32 PM

:like: i wonder if it will have a bigger engine
If the trackhawk is anything to go by, possibly...
The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.

nz Offline Syncop8r

Reply #88 on: January 28, 2018, 09:26:59 PM
Many people just want an SUV, an AWD not a 4WD, with  the ability to carry some more load.
What's the difference between an AWD and a 4WD? I thought they were the same but you use AWD if you can't count.  :think:

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • SAK Surgeon
Reply #89 on: January 28, 2018, 09:58:28 PM
What's the difference between an AWD and a 4WD? I thought they were the same but you use AWD if you can't count.  :think:

Those terms get pretty messed up and misused by the advertising people.  Also each company implements them differently but in very broad terms the main differences are the fraction of power transmitted to each axle and the wheel differentials. 

AWD systems typically are non user selectable and for the most part just drive the front wheel and only transfer some of the power to the rear when the front wheel slips. Generally speaking these are for on road foul weather use, not for deep snow or mud bogging.

4WD is user selectable and will have a Hi/Low range and at least a rear diff lock some have front too.  Power can be equally transferred to front and rear and all wheels.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 10:21:10 PM by Syph007 »

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68