Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Got my LM wrenches and bits from Russia yesterday

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Got my LM wrenches and bits from Russia yesterday
on: January 25, 2018, 04:38:20 PM
Got my padded envelope from Loki-mobile yesterday  :mail:
Got my LM wrenches, kick pocket clip, and wave scissors  :drool:
Now I can start modding my LM crunch to make it edc legal for uk use :rant:
I'm going to replace the serrated knife with the LM wave scissors
I will take photos of the scissors mod. will post when done
Now I'm going to put my thinking hat on and see what I can come up with :think:
Any suggestions are welcome  :tu:
image.jpeg
* image.jpeg (Filesize: 184.9 KB)
fail to prepare prepare to fail

us Offline Obi1shinobee

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Master LM Squirt Ps4 And Lord of Navitools
Re: Got my LM wrenches and bits from Russia yesterday
Reply #1 on: January 25, 2018, 04:55:45 PM
 :cheers: :cheers:

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #2 on: January 25, 2018, 06:08:08 PM

Props to Loki. He is good people from where I stand.

UK knife laws really baffle me. I don't understand how the citizens of the kingdom tolerate being treated like criminals and rebellious serfs. It seems nearly feudal to me that the citizenry can't carry a locking knife and only the Queen's officers are able to carry such tools (in addition to weapons).  I urge you--on my behalf, for my country will surely follow in the footsteps of yours--to write to your MP's and demand that your rights be restored.   :rant:

Sorry for the mini-rant. Best of luck with your mods.

(You've inspired me to carry a revolver around today as I go about my affairs. A S&W and one of those ultra-dangerous Vic Spirit multitools.)

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #3 on: January 25, 2018, 06:24:30 PM

Props to Loki. He is good people from where I stand.

UK knife laws really baffle me. I don't understand how the citizens of the kingdom tolerate being treated like criminals and rebellious serfs. It seems nearly feudal to me that the citizenry can't carry a locking knife and only the Queen's officers are able to carry such tools (in addition to weapons).  I urge you--on my behalf, for my country will surely follow in the footsteps of yours--to write to your MP's and demand that your rights be restored.   :rant:

Sorry for the mini-rant. Best of luck with your mods.

(You've inspired me to carry a revolver around today as I go about my affairs. A S&W and one of those ultra-dangerous Vic Spirit multitools.)

Totally agree  :like:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #4 on: January 26, 2018, 04:32:36 AM
Can't wait to see the mod and how you go about it :salute: :like: :like:

wales Offline hiraethus

• Admin Team
  • I brake for cake
Reply #5 on: January 26, 2018, 10:24:46 AM

Not strictly true, and has been covered many times in other threads.  Straight from the horse's mouth: https://www.gov.uk/buying-carrying-knives

00 Offline Sam Lim

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: January 26, 2018, 11:16:04 AM

Not strictly true, and has been covered many times in other threads.  Straight from the horse's mouth: https://www.gov.uk/buying-carrying-knives

Nunchucks not inclusive?

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #7 on: January 26, 2018, 01:29:30 PM

Reading gov.uk you are not aloud a screwdriver or can opener if it locks !!! :think:
This is getting really stupid now uk is becoming a nanny state  :rant:

wales Offline Gavin Jones

Reply #8 on: January 26, 2018, 01:44:09 PM

Reading gov.uk you are not aloud a screwdriver or can opener if it locks !!! :think:

I think that they're referring to the knife in a multitool, and the reference to screwdrivers, and can openers is just an example of the sorts of things - other then knives - that are found in multitools.

Having said that you'll get in trouble for carrying anything that is designed, adapted, or intended to be used as a weapon, so it's probably safest not to carry anything pointy in public without some sort of actual reason for having it.

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #9 on: January 26, 2018, 02:42:46 PM

I think that they're referring to the knife in a multitool, and the reference to screwdrivers, and can openers is just an example of the sorts of things - other then knives - that are found in multitools.

Having said that you'll get in trouble for carrying anything that is designed, adapted, or intended to be used as a weapon, so it's probably safest not to carry anything pointy in public without some sort of actual reason for having it.

but how do you justify carrying an umbrella in the rainy England??!  :ahhh
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline Obi1shinobee

• Master LM Squirt Ps4 And Lord of Navitools
Reply #10 on: January 26, 2018, 02:46:36 PM
Got my padded envelope from Loki-mobile yesterday  :mail:
Got my LM wrenches, kick pocket clip, and wave scissors  :drool:
Now I can start modding my LM crunch to make it edc legal for uk use :rant:
I'm going to replace the serrated knife with the LM wave scissors
I will take photos of the scissors mod. will post when done
Now I'm going to put my thinking hat on and see what I can come up with :think:

Loki-mobile is the MAN !!   :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

wales Offline Gavin Jones

Reply #11 on: January 26, 2018, 03:01:07 PM

but how do you justify carrying an umbrella in the rainy England??!  :ahhh

Funny you should say that.

My umbrella is actually a walking stick umbrella. If someone was coming at me with intent to do me harm I'd much rather I had that on me than any of my multitools!

:twak:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD