Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Finally got a Xbox 360

Pacu · 18 · 1802

us Offline Pacu

• Absolutely No Life Club
Finally got a Xbox 360
on: November 07, 2008, 11:31:14 PM
Today i finally got an Xbox 360  60 gig version. Been wanting one for a while but being broke and married it is hard to acquire new toys.  Hooked er up at 1080i and it looks sweet. Now i'm just waiting for my copy of Halo 3 to come in so i can finish the trilogy. Might try Gears of War if it comes down to a platinum hit (19.99) soon.

I hear rumours they may make a blu-ray player for it soon.
:like:    :MTO:

us Offline donvito

• No Life Club
Re: Finally got a Xbox 360
Reply #1 on: November 07, 2008, 11:38:09 PM
Gratz. I'm a ps3 fan but can't afford it and don't really need it. The good old days of growing up with the Super Mario Brothers.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #2 on: November 08, 2008, 12:08:08 AM
The last console game I had was the original 8 bit Nintendo system...

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline Splat

Reply #3 on: November 08, 2008, 12:54:56 AM
I'll always love 1993 Madden Football on the Sega Genesis.  :tu:   Then there's The Legend of Zelda on the Super Nintendo. God, the hours and hours and hours I spent on that game!  :o
Splat

Offline american lockpicker

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: November 08, 2008, 04:02:41 AM
The only system(excluding my computer) I have is an old Japanese made Super Nintendo.
(

Offline Leatherman123

Reply #5 on: November 08, 2008, 04:14:18 AM
I have a 60 gb PS3. I really like the fact that you have free online gaming capabilities.
B

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I am geek, hear me code
Reply #6 on: November 08, 2008, 09:52:39 AM
I have a Nintendo Wii as I mentioned before, it was the first console I bought since owning a Sega Genesis ages ago...
The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.

no Offline Medic82

• No Life Club
  • You will not laugh! You will not cry!
Reply #7 on: November 08, 2008, 11:20:57 AM
Congratulation on buying a 360. I have had the consol for a year now and I know that you are going to have loads of fun with it. There are a couple of games that you GOT to have:
- Guitar hero 3 Legends of rock.
- Grand Theft Auto 4.
- Gears of war 1 & 2.
- Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare.
- Bioshock
If you are a Sci-Fi fan then I can recommend Mass Effect, a very beautiful Sci-Fi game.

Sure PS3 does have free online gaming butt the servers that Sony uses are not as stable as Microsoft. There is also a rumor that Xbox Live is going too be free in the future
There is no problem that cannot be solved by the use of high explosives.

us Offline Pacu

Reply #8 on: November 08, 2008, 01:43:09 PM
Starting later this month 360 users with gold xbox live can stream netflix right to their tv at no extra charge providing you are a netflix account member.

Offline cryptrick

Reply #9 on: November 08, 2008, 04:11:52 PM
Congrats on getting the 360 mate. Just make sure though, even though you have it hooked up to your HD TV, make sure the actual HD setting within Xbox Dashboard is set to 1080i, not 720p or any other etc, as the console doesn't adjust automatically to what your tv is. Also make sure the cable has been flicked onto HD :)
[

spam Offline Zack

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: November 08, 2008, 04:30:26 PM
The Xbox 360 is an excellent console.  I have the arcade version and just added a hard drive to it.  I got the Arcade version when the RROD scare was going around, as they didn't seem to have the problems of the other versions.  The only game I really play is COD 4-Modern Warfare.  Its a great game and you get to use a knife.  Should be coming down in price especially since COD5 is coming out real soon, or already.  If you get Live and COD4 hit me up, my gamertag is the same as my screen name here.

Offline cryptrick

Reply #11 on: November 08, 2008, 04:33:48 PM
The Xbox 360 is an excellent console.  I have the arcade version and just added a hard drive to it.  I got the Arcade version when the RROD scare was going around, as they didn't seem to have the problems of the other versions.  The only game I really play is COD 4-Modern Warfare.  Its a great game and you get to use a knife.  Should be coming down in price especially since COD5 is coming out real soon, or already.  If you get Live and COD4 hit me up, my gamertag is the same as my screen name here.

COD4 is a damn good game, one of the best I've ever played. I have never played it online yet though :twak:  I'll be getting Xbox Live Gold next week so I'll keep your gamertag in mind, cheers buddy.
[

spam Offline Zack

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: November 08, 2008, 06:17:00 PM
Looks like there is a 5 hour time diffeence between us.  I usually play Tuesday mornings, and some when I get home from work, before the wifey gets in from class.  Sometimes she'll let me play on the weekends, and when the baby comes, who knws when I will be able to play.

scotland Offline Sea Monster

• No Life Club
Reply #13 on: November 09, 2008, 05:41:42 AM
I remember when I used to be able to afford things like video games.

Those were the days.

I hope you enjoy some games OTHER than Halo on that thing. I never did understand what is so apparently great about that game.

us Offline Pacu

Reply #14 on: November 09, 2008, 02:46:59 PM
I remember when I used to be able to afford things like video games.

Those were the days.

I hope you enjoy some games OTHER than Halo on that thing. I never did understand what is so apparently great about that game.

blasphemy!!

When i got my first xbox i never really understood either. Now i love it!  Cant wait to play through it on legendary mode.  (Halo 3 that is)

ca Offline PyroJames

• No Life Club
Reply #15 on: November 10, 2008, 04:50:23 PM
Congrats on getting a 360.  I'm a playstation fan myself and want to get a PS3 just to play MGS4 and watch Blu-Ray movies.  For now, I'll have to stay with my PS2.

If MGS4 ever made its way to xbox, I would definitely get a 360.
This is called a Swiss Army Knife. Do you know what Switzerland is? Switzerland is a place where they don't like to fight, so they get people to do their fighting for them while they ski and eat chocolate. - Larry David

no Offline Medic82

• No Life Club
  • You will not laugh! You will not cry!
Reply #16 on: November 11, 2008, 06:13:28 PM
Halo is overrated and don’t quite understand what all the fuss is about. I have played Halo 1&2, not just for 10 min in the store, butt several hours at end.
There is no problem that cannot be solved by the use of high explosives.

Offline Leatherman123

Reply #17 on: November 11, 2008, 06:19:00 PM
Last night, I bought Cabelas Dangerous Hunts 09 from Walmart for $40! It is a great game!  :tu:
B

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD