Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Micarta Madness

Offline farmer33

• New User
Micarta Madness
on: July 03, 2022, 10:01:59 AM
As a graduation present for myself I bought three sets of micarta scales.  The scales fit onto the knife fairly well, but the slots for toothpick and tweezers are not good fits.  I am practicing on an old swiss army knife and will install the remainingg scales on my two new swiss army knives.   Does anyone have any advice on how to make the toothpick and tweezers fit better.  So far I have tried sanding off the little dot from the toothpick.  For the tweezers I have simply tried inserting the tweezers as far as they will go, removing with pliers and doing this repeatedly until it starts to fit.  I am thinking there has to be a better way.  I am young and don't have any fancy tools, but I would be willing to buy a file or other materials if anyone has any suggestions.  I have some west systems flex and would like to attach the scales with this epoxy.   Should I sand the liner before applying or just glue it as is.   Any advice or tips would be appreciated as I am a rookie and this is my first time.  I do want to a good job as I think of my knife as my constant companion. Thank you for you input.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%