Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Compact issue

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • SAK Surgeon
Re: Compact issue
Reply #30 on: March 28, 2018, 02:28:32 PM
You guys are breaking my heart!  When I came to this forum I was 100% sure the Compact was THE perfect SAK for me.... and though I have encountered a few bent combo tools in my collecting days, I have never personally had any issues with my Compacts, Waiters, Trail Guides, Bantams...     But then I read threads like this and start thinking about how the Combo tool is out-performed by the standard openers and my whole Swiss Army existence is brought under question....  So I think there has been a sea change in my thinking... and the Climber has won favor as THE perfect SAK for me.... for a minute I thought it was the Climber Small but my love of the hook, ink pen, and lengthier tools has settled the issue....  for now...

Funny thing is, the Climber is like the cheapest SAK out there...  I see them going for less than even Spartans and Tinkers... which is kinda crazy, and good for the wallet.

Anywho, I hope the parts from your Compact find peace and happiness in their new home(s).   :salute:

At first people think why ever had the opener layer when the combo can do it all! But the problem is it is a compromise. Thinner steel and not as strong.  It doenst work as well as a screwdriver either and that is really where it can get bent.   Its a pain in the smurf tool for me to have to stock since so many people want it, but it only comes on the compact.   So every custom I build with a combo is at least 2 SAKs for parts.

PM me or email sakmodder [at] gmail . com if you are looking for custom SAK work.

Modding thread : Here
Facebook : SAKModder
Instagram : robertjlessard
Youtube : www.youtube.com/robertjlessard

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #31 on: March 28, 2018, 02:30:22 PM
Well seeing Syph in here...

A Ti Compact with wood saw and metal saw, brass liners :drool:

us Offline El Corkscrew

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #32 on: March 28, 2018, 05:47:46 PM

This one is coming apart and will be reincarnated as a Climber  :tu:

Ooh!  A Climber with a file hook!  :like: :tu:
“All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.” - Mark Twain

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%