Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

I want a tire plug tool that folds down or breaks down. Is there such a thing?

us Offline ChopperCharles

• No Life Club
I carry this on my motorcycle, in case I pick up a nail on the road. It has saved my ass several times.

However, it's huge and bulky and does not fit in my tool roll. So it's not very portable. I've tried a kit like this:

The straight screwdriver-like tools are very difficult to use compared to the T-handles. Even though it's a once-in-a-long-time repair, it's worth it to carry the bigger T-handle tools, because they work SO much better. 

So, what I'm wondering is, are there any t-handle tools like the first picture, which can be broken down and disassembled so they'll fit nicely in a tool roll? Or better yet, a folding t-handle repair tool?

I'm looking at these right now:

It looks like the T-part is likely threaded and locktited into the handle. Doesn't appear to be welded, like so many others are. However, it's also obviously not meant to be taken apart. I'd like to find one that is... or better yet, one that folds. Does this exist?

Charles.

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
I carry this kit, usually in a tank bag.

Doesn't break down, but some of the parts may fit in a tool roll.   :cheers:

us Offline twiliter

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • motionless wheel, nothing is real
The only one I will use is Safety Seal, because it the only one I have tried that actually works. (had this kit for 20+ years) Not compact enough for a motorcycle.  :-\ I would opt for a can of Fix-a-Flat if I was worried about having a flat on a tubeless motorcycle tire, they have a smaller can for bike tires.  :salute:

no Online Vidar

• No Life Club
Take the business end of the screw and needle and mount a socket at the end. Then use them with a socket set t-handle? (Might give little index or direction for press downwards though).

Crazy mod a SAK and replace the wine opener and awl with super sized tire versions?  :D

"Simple is hard"
"Hard is hard too"
(Partial disclosure: I design tools for a living).

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%