Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What do you guys think of the Cresent Flip Grip multitool?

us Offline ChopperCharles

• No Life Club

Amazon link: https://www.amazon.com/Flip-and-Grip-Wrench-Multi-Tool/dp/B01FWNM6UQ

I'm not liking how the maximum size is 16mm. It'd be far more useful if it could fit 17mm nuts and bolts. (Are 16mm bolts even a thing? I've found a few 15mm on my Jeep, but never a 16mm in the wild). I've seen youtube videos about how the liner-less blade comes up with the wrench head, and I think I can deal with that.  What I want to know is how useful of a tool is it? For something I'd carry on a motorcycle? It's not going to manage my axle bolts, I know that. (27mm and 22mm), but for general usage I'm kinda iffy on whether It'd be more useful than a carefully chosen selection of motorcycle boxed end wrenches. (They're shorter than regular wrenches, but not as short as a stubby wrench. Thinner, and designed to fit in a motorcycle tool box). I might rather have a plier-based multitool and a selection of wrenches... but man those wrenches are heavy. Thoughts?

Charles.

gb Offline kingofswords

Re: What do you guys think of the Cresent Flip Grip multitool?
Reply #1 on: June 25, 2018, 07:03:11 PM
i dont reckon that'll fit in your pocket .

no Online Vidar

• No Life Club
Re: What do you guys think of the Cresent Flip Grip multitool?
Reply #2 on: June 25, 2018, 09:07:56 PM
Get a Knipex wrench plier (or one of the copies) with a suitable length handle if you need lots of wrenches. Better grip than wrenches, ratcheting action unless nearing the plier max size limit, and of course a very nice plier for holding or parallell pressing stuff. And of course smaller and lot lighter than lots of wrenches. (If space is limited there is a 250mm/ 10" narrow head version too).

(I do think the wrench action of that thing will work, but not so sure you wouldn't be better off with a SAK or multitool for the rest of it?)
"Simple is hard"
"Hard is hard too"
(Partial disclosure: I design tools for a living).

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%