Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Juice Level 3 Challenge: 2018 version, April 1-30

hu Offline Exeter

• No Life Club
Re: Juice Level 3 Challenge: 2018 version, April 1-30
Reply #210 on: May 04, 2018, 03:27:38 PM
Day 29

Another Friday, another package opening. After last week's Delica, this time it's a SAK, a Vic DofE to be exact.  :)

day_29_1.jpg
* day_29_1.jpg (Filesize: 53.73 KB)
day_29_2.jpg
* day_29_2.jpg (Filesize: 60.74 KB)
day_29_3.jpg
* day_29_3.jpg (Filesize: 52.91 KB)

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #211 on: May 04, 2018, 03:38:43 PM
Cool!  :like:

hu Offline Exeter

• No Life Club
Reply #212 on: May 05, 2018, 03:04:51 PM
Day 30

Funny, I finished my previous, Rebar challenge and started this one the last time we visited my mom, and now, today I'm finishing the Juice challenge here as well. I used the tool to repair one of the TV's, or rather the cable, cut a new end on it and attached the coax connector which fell off somehow.

Regarding the tool itself, I regard the Juice XE6 highly as a backpack type urban pocket toolbox, it has everything you might need for light everyday tasks, but as they say, jack of all trades, master of none. I love the toolset, but the fact that none of them lock is a bit of a disadvantage. The other drawback is the bulk: while - at least I assume - the thinner Juices fit the pocket well, this 2 cm wide,190 g monster is just not suited for that. At least for my pockets. But I never intended it to be a genuine pocket tool, so that's okay.

I wanted to list the tools one by one but as I thought about it, I guess I like them all, I'm satisfied with them for what they are. My favorite is perhaps the serrated blade, it performs just as well in foodprep as in cutting plastic, cordage, whatever. I don't even have problems with the flatheads, with my opening technique they don't "bite".

I enjoyed the challenge as well, thanks to an0nemus for starting/hosting it, and cheers to MrWilson for his week too! My third challenge completed in a row, I'm really starting to get the hang of this. :) (And already thinking what to tackle next, maybe a minimal SAK challenge or perhaps a shorter Squirt run.)

day_30_1.jpg
* day_30_1.jpg (Filesize: 68.78 KB)
day_30_2.jpg
* day_30_2.jpg (Filesize: 44.3 KB)
day_30_3.jpg
* day_30_3.jpg (Filesize: 33.04 KB)
day_30_4.jpg
* day_30_4.jpg (Filesize: 44.91 KB)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2018, 03:15:35 PM by Exeter »

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #213 on: May 05, 2018, 03:11:23 PM
Good wrap-up.  :tu:

Nice job, guys!  :tu: :tu:

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #214 on: May 05, 2018, 03:27:11 PM
Well done everyone this challenge has been fun  :like: :tu:
fail to prepare prepare to fail

ph Offline an0nemus

• No Life Club
  • I Tool Therefore I Am
Reply #215 on: May 05, 2018, 05:09:09 PM
Congrats, Exeter! What a great wrap! Thank you for joining me, and thanks to MrWilson as well for the short but colorful companionship!

I'd also like to thank everyone who commented and watched our thread. Thank you for the moral support!

As I'm only using my mobile phone in my trip this month, I really can't write a lengthy summary except to say that my Juice has served my needs and wants quite well that it's now permanently part of my EDC rotation.

And this particular one is special as it's a GAW from this MTO family (thanks again, Nix!) and has joined me in my last days with mom.

The scissors, blade and pliers have proven to be most useful! When I return to Manila my current home city, I'll do another 30 day challenge, but I don't know yet. I just ordered a Buck 110 tho after reading the other Challenge also.

To cap this off, here's a pic of my Juice opening a juice drink

id Offline jaya_man

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #216 on: May 05, 2018, 05:32:52 PM
Badges awarded to both an0nemus and Exeter... Congrats :cheers:

Did we miss anyone?

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #217 on: May 05, 2018, 05:35:25 PM
Congratulations on your badges an0nemus and Exeter :cheers:

hu Offline Exeter

• No Life Club
Reply #218 on: May 05, 2018, 05:35:48 PM
Badges awarded to both an0nemus and Exeter... Congrats :cheers:

Did we miss anyone?

Thanks! And no, it was only the three of us with MrWilson.

id Offline jaya_man

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #219 on: May 05, 2018, 05:36:35 PM
:cheers:

ph Offline an0nemus

• No Life Club
  • I Tool Therefore I Am
Reply #220 on: May 05, 2018, 06:37:23 PM
cheers guys!

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #221 on: May 05, 2018, 07:04:25 PM
 :cheers:

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #222 on: May 05, 2018, 07:11:23 PM

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #223 on: May 05, 2018, 10:55:34 PM
Congrats on finishing the challenge guys  :cheers: and congrats on getting your badges :like: :like:

ph Offline an0nemus

• No Life Club
  • I Tool Therefore I Am
Reply #224 on: May 06, 2018, 05:13:00 AM
Congrats on finishing the challenge guys  :cheers: and congrats on getting your badges :like: :like:
Special thanks to you, Poncho, for the biggest support

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #225 on: May 06, 2018, 05:45:39 AM
Nicely done fellas !  Congrats  :cheers: :tu:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #226 on: May 06, 2018, 12:30:00 PM
this was cool and full of clever uses. Congrats to you both! :like:
 You pulled it out flawlessly and made it entertaining all the way  :cheers:
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

se Offline stoneshank

Reply #227 on: May 08, 2018, 12:31:51 AM
I made contact with Nix some month+ ago, I wanted to check if I could buy a s2 from him, wanting to upgrade from my squirt. The squirts pliers being too small for any situation where you'd need it imho.

He responded that he did have a CS4 and sent it for FREE. I cannot really put it into words how much I appreciate the knife/multitool community. I wanted to check for a juice that was in bad shape or similar as the new price on the juice line is huge at least here in EU. So being sent one for free is kind of a numbing feeling while being Grateful and happy as a kid at Christmas.

I opened the package when getting out off the store and while keeping two curious dogs at bay.

But first I need to direct a line of disappointment at the Swedish postal system. It's in a chokehold by having thousands (about 100k a day) packages from China which isn't paid for by the sender (it's all a mess) which made Nix's package get sick and I wasn't able to get hold of fur a very long time. I've spent hours on phone queue only to get an audible shrug in response.

But! Here is some pictures! Thanks again Nix! And for the cool Multitool patches!

My "pocket slip"

Now that Nix's Juice is in the pouch, I got scissors and saw so I can complement with pretty much any knife. Some alternatives:

~ i love whittling and SAK's  ~
« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 12:34:11 AM by stoneshank »

hu Offline Exeter

• No Life Club
Reply #228 on: May 08, 2018, 12:39:28 AM
I made contact with Nix some month+ ago, I wanted to check if I could buy a s2 from him, wanting to upgrade from my squirt. The squirts pliers being too small for any situation where you'd need it imho.

He responded that he did have a CS4 and sent it for FREE. I cannot really put it into words how much I appreciate the knife/multitool community. I wanted to check for a juice that was in bad shape or similar as the new price on the juice line is huge at least here in EU. So being sent one for free is kind of a numbing feeling while being Grateful and happy as a kid at Christmas.

I opened the package when getting out off the store and while keeping two curious dogs at bay.

But first I need to direct a line of disappointment at the Swedish postal system. It's in a chokehold by having thousands (about 100k a day) packages from China which isn't paid for by the sender (it's all a mess) which made Nix's package get sick and I wasn't able to get hold of fur a very long time. I've spent hours on phone queue only to get an audible shrug in response.

But! Here is some pictures! Thanks again Nix! And for the cool Multitool patches!(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)

My "pocket slip"
(Image removed from quote.)

Now that Nix's Juice is in the pouch, I got scissors and saw so I can complement with pretty much any knife. Some alternatives: (Image removed from quote.)

Very nice tool and a super kind gesture from Nix! :salute: Enjoy your Juice! (And what a cool patch!)

...also, very true words about the EU prices of these US made tools, and yeah, the postal service suffers the same problem here too. I'm still waiting for my LM Charge to arrive after 32 days - and it's been in the country for 22 days of those.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 12:40:37 AM by Exeter »

se Offline stoneshank

Reply #229 on: May 08, 2018, 01:28:18 AM
Yeah, Nix's the man! I've been toying with it all evening! Tired after a long five hour day out with dog. Just staying outdoors, whittling, walking, giving dog water etc. I'm all exhausted by it all

But! Here is some pictures! Thanks again Nix! And for the cool Multitool patches!(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)

My "pocket slip"

Now that Nix's Juice is in the pouch, I got scissors and saw so I can complement with pretty much any knife. Some alternatives: (Image removed from quote.)

Very nice tool and a super kind gesture from Nix! :salute: Enjoy your Juice! (And what a cool patch!)

...also, very true words about the EU prices of these US made tools, and yeah, the postal service suffers the same problem here too. I'm still waiting for my LM Charge to arrive after 32 days - and it's been in the country for 22 days of those.

ph Offline an0nemus

• No Life Club
  • I Tool Therefore I Am
Reply #230 on: May 08, 2018, 02:15:00 AM
Nicely done fellas !  Congrats  :cheers: :tu:
Thank you for the support, Steve!

ph Offline an0nemus

• No Life Club
  • I Tool Therefore I Am
Reply #231 on: May 08, 2018, 02:15:44 AM
Thank you for the support and kind words, TheP! You've been a regular morale boost!
this was cool and full of clever uses. Congrats to you both! :like:
 You pulled it out flawlessly and made it entertaining all the way  :cheers:

ph Offline an0nemus

• No Life Club
  • I Tool Therefore I Am
Reply #232 on: May 08, 2018, 02:17:12 AM
Yeah, Nix's the man! I've been toying with it all evening! Tired after a long five hour day out with dog. Just staying outdoors, whittling, walking, giving dog water etc. I'm all exhausted by it all

My "pocket slip"

Santa is real and he's with us 24/7/12!

You rock, Nix!

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #233 on: May 08, 2018, 02:32:57 PM
Nix does it again! And added a cool patch like he did with my gifts. He's the man that keeps on Giving, that man we often call Santa  :ahhh :D

Enjoy it and use the hell out of that tool, it packs a punch for the size!  :cheers:
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%