Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

( FOUND ) Needed: watch band compass

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
( FOUND ) Needed: watch band compass
on: May 08, 2018, 06:45:04 AM
Just seeing if anyone has a watch band compass or two that will fit a band that is 7/8” wide which should be 22mm. I searched amazon but the closest I could find is 21mm and I don’t want to waste $12 if I don’t have to. If you have any at this size or know if the 21mm will fit a G-Shock GD-350 band please let me know.  :salute:
I'm the milk man!

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: ( FOUND ) Needed: watch band compass
Reply #1 on: May 08, 2018, 06:15:42 PM
Mine was a Brunton that came from Bass Pro Shops when I visited the one a couple hours from here.  They don't seem to sell it anymore  (I bought mine a couple years ago).

https://www.amazon.com/Brunton-F-TAGLOBE-Tag-Along/dp/B007Q1MKNG?th=1

us Offline tattoosteve99

Reply #2 on: June 01, 2018, 12:31:16 AM
Just seeing if anyone has a watch band compass or two that will fit a band that is 7/8” wide which should be 22mm. I searched amazon but the closest I could find is 21mm and I don’t want to waste $12 if I don’t have to. If you have any at this size or know if the 21mm will fit a G-Shock GD-350 band please let me know.  :salute:
Hey Capt. I know a few good ones or I have a brand new one I could sell ya. Can’t remember the name right off hand but if your interested message me :tu:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If I remember correctly, wait, what was I saying?

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #3 on: June 01, 2018, 01:08:22 AM
Thanks for the reply! I ordered a few to see if they will fit. They have not shown up yet. When they show up if they do not work out for me I will definitely PM you about yours. Thanks buddy and glad to see you back around again!
I'm the milk man!

us Offline italophil

Reply #4 on: June 01, 2018, 02:27:36 AM
I bought one as a gift about a year ago from a company called "Prometheus Design Werx" that fit on a 22mm NATO strap. It was a very nice quality, made from some kind of machined metal. The recipient of the gift likes it, but says it adds to much height to the watch and rubs on jackets and such. Here is a link to a review (no affiliation with the site): https://packconfig.com/review/review-pdw-expedition-watch-band-compass/

us Offline tattoosteve99

Reply #5 on: June 02, 2018, 05:09:26 AM
I bought one as a gift about a year ago from a company called "Prometheus Design Werx" that fit on a 22mm NATO strap. It was a very nice quality, made from some kind of machined metal. The recipient of the gift likes it, but says it adds to much height to the watch and rubs on jackets and such. Here is a link to a review (no affiliation with the site): https://packconfig.com/review/review-pdw-expedition-watch-band-compass/
I have 2 of these. They are spot on. I also have a small clipper from sunnto that is great as well.

us Offline clown

• No Life Club
  • Learn to swim...
Reply #6 on: June 02, 2018, 05:19:00 AM
I have 2 of these. They are spot on. I also have a small clipper from sunnto that is great as well.

I've been interested in picking up a couple compasses as well and was just looking at a Suunto clipper.  Glad to hear someone likes them.  I may get a couple.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 05:24:21 AM by clown »

us Offline NKlamerus

• No Life Club
  • Captain's Apprentice
Reply #7 on: June 02, 2018, 05:48:28 AM
I actually purchased a Clipper today! Good timing!

Immediately like it. Takes a few minutes to place on the wrist, we'lll see how it holds up.

us Offline tattoosteve99

Reply #8 on: June 02, 2018, 05:03:11 PM

I've been interested in picking up a couple compasses as well and was just looking at a Suunto clipper.  Glad to hear someone likes them.  I may get a couple.
They are not cheap but well worth the money imo. I think $40 for the aluminum and $150 for the Ti. I have the aluminum versions.

us Offline clown

• No Life Club
  • Learn to swim...
Reply #9 on: June 05, 2018, 03:22:00 AM
I actually purchased a Clipper today! Good timing!

Immediately like it. Takes a few minutes to place on the wrist, we'lll see how it holds up. (Image removed from quote.)

Yeah please check in and let us know what you think aways down the road.  I'm interested in its durability and whether or not you find it getting in the way.

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #10 on: June 05, 2018, 03:26:32 AM
Well I got both of mine in and surprisingly they both fit on my GX56BB-1 which is a monster of a watch. I bought some super cheap compasses from overseas for around $1.00 each. They don’t exactly point north which is a problem but they are close. These are more to test it out and see if I want to spend d the money on a more expensive watch compass. So far so good though. Doesn’t get in the way and I even got a random compliment on the compass from a female cashier.
I'm the milk man!

us Offline NKlamerus

• No Life Club
  • Captain's Apprentice
Reply #11 on: June 09, 2018, 07:47:50 PM
I've moved the Suunto over to my GulfMaster and it certainly doesn't fit as well at first. I'm not sure why Suunto would leave any sharp corners on something worn against the skin?

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%