Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Will this fit? (component question)

ca Offline PyroJames

• No Life Club
Will this fit? (component question)
on: November 22, 2008, 11:29:51 PM
I've been thinking about removing my powerlock scissors and adding some new components.  I definitely plan on adding the full serrated sheepsfoot blade but it looks like I can fit two components with the scissors gone.  How about the robertson drive?  Will that fit with the full serrated blade?  Does the robertson drive take up one or two spaces?
This is called a Swiss Army Knife. Do you know what Switzerland is? Switzerland is a place where they don't like to fight, so they get people to do their fighting for them while they ski and eat chocolate. - Larry David

ca Offline jzmtl

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Will this fit? (component question)
Reply #1 on: November 22, 2008, 11:34:11 PM
Robertson takes one space, however like phillip it's wider on top so it cannot sit next to a longer component, only shorter ones like flat head, can/bottle opener, 1/4" drive.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #2 on: November 23, 2008, 04:30:37 PM
According to experiments performed by our own EODTech, two blades will fit in the slot for the scissors, so yes, you can have both!

The Robertson is a nice feature to have in there as well.  I have one in my Power Plier, and it has saved my bacon many times when other tools have failed!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

ca Offline PyroJames

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: November 24, 2008, 12:01:36 AM
OK. That sounds good, guys!  :cheers:
This is called a Swiss Army Knife. Do you know what Switzerland is? Switzerland is a place where they don't like to fight, so they get people to do their fighting for them while they ski and eat chocolate. - Larry David

hn Offline cliosguy

• No Life Club
  • no nacimos con miedo...
Reply #4 on: December 13, 2008, 06:25:24 AM
According to experiments performed by our own EODTech, two blades will fit in the slot for the scissors, so yes, you can have both!

nice, didnt know that one, that sounds amazing, and was thinking to remove the file to get space for a second blade :D
A

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD