Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Figured a way to decide on daily EDC...

us Offline zrxoa1

• No Life Club
Figured a way to decide on daily EDC...
on: June 08, 2018, 06:16:45 AM
I’m just going to toss all my knives, SAKs and multis into a box and each day as I leave for work I’ll just reach in and grab one, blindly.

Haha!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

il Offline pomsbz

• No Life Club
Re: Figured a way to decide on daily EDC...
Reply #1 on: June 08, 2018, 06:24:01 AM
Only if you put up a picture in the thread each day of what you grabbed! :)
"It is better to lose health like a spendthrift than to waste it like a miser." - Robert Louis Stevenson

us Offline zrxoa1

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: June 08, 2018, 06:35:51 AM
I can do that!

What kind of badge is available for that?  Haha

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #3 on: June 08, 2018, 07:09:09 AM
Bold move, yet if you put tools you're familiar with I see no problems at all.  Go for it. 
Esse Quam Videri

ch Offline Syem

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: June 08, 2018, 08:35:31 AM
Good method! A lot easier than my method...

I pick a category at the start of the month in which I have at least 30 knives and set them in a separate box together. Every morning I pick one which I deem appropriate for the tasks and events of the day and then put it aside at the end of the month so I don't pick the same twice.

There is a "different SAK every day for 30 days badge".

I'm in my 6th month, going for a whole year :D

gb Offline Sparky415

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #5 on: June 08, 2018, 08:39:28 AM
I’m just going to toss all my knives, SAKs and multis into a box and each day as I leave for work I’ll just reach in and grab one, blindly.

Haha!!

Maybe wear gloves?    :whistle:
Everything’s adjustable

hr Offline styx

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #6 on: June 08, 2018, 08:40:35 AM
smart way. you could also roll a dice
Solving problems you didn't know you had in the most obscure way possible

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #7 on: June 08, 2018, 11:33:32 AM
you will end up picking the ones on the top every day..
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #8 on: June 08, 2018, 01:49:10 PM
don't put doubles and duplicates in it though,  :pok:
also...

- you must live a very relaxed life if you have no issues or problems carrying whatever tool, multi or knife you happen to grab that day  :think:
- the scales, handles and such will end up dented, scratched, worn and beaten in no time  :P
- the smaller tool and knives will inevitably end up at the bottom, under lots of weight and hard stuff  :-\
- you will grab only knives, or only SAKs, or only multitools, on occasion, and will have tool redundancy and overlap some days  :ahhh
- you might hurt your hand being pinched by a clip, your skin cut open by a sharp corner, your fingernail torn by an implement proud of the scales... :o

I hardly see any advantage to that to be honest
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline zrxoa1

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: June 08, 2018, 02:09:40 PM
Well, I didn’t really mean literally just throw them in a box. They are all stored in different boxes now. One each for SAKs, knives and multitools.

I just mean I would store all in a bigger, nicer box and pick one out. No cuts or dings. Things would be somewhat organized.

It was just a fun thought.

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #10 on: June 08, 2018, 02:18:44 PM
Just get a vest and trousers with lots of pockets, a big backpack and carry everything you own!

:pok: :pok:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline zrxoa1

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: June 08, 2018, 02:19:59 PM
Just get a vest and trousers with lots of pockets, a big backpack and carry everything you own!

Haha!!!

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #12 on: June 08, 2018, 03:26:23 PM
Put a selection of SAKs in a "box" as well as MTs and knives each in separate "boxes".  Each day just reach in and take a SAK, MT, and Knife.  When you return home put those items somewhere else and repeat process until you've gone thru al the tools.  If one day you don't want to carry a SAK for example you would't reach into that "box", same goes for a MT or knife.  Sounds fun. 
Esse Quam Videri

nl Offline Ron Who

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • I'm blue!
Reply #13 on: June 08, 2018, 06:53:39 PM

That´s the way!

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #14 on: June 08, 2018, 08:28:08 PM
Well, I didn’t really mean literally just throw them in a box. They are all stored in different boxes now. One each for SAKs, knives and multitools.

I just mean I would store all in a bigger, nicer box and pick one out. No cuts or dings. Things would be somewhat organized.

It was just a fun thought.

yes, no doubt!
Please take no offense in my comment, after all we're all in this forum for fun (or most of us  :tu:) and I do that myself-

I have a box full of folders, and I grab one leaving home, usually without spending excess time in that,
and the same for SAKs, MTs... put together and chosen without putting much thought in it  :salute:

after all I know that whatever knife, SAK, tool or light I pick I can depend on and will be reliable, 'cause I buy no unsafe junk! ;) (Or at least I don't put it among my EDC picks  :D)
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline zrxoa1

• No Life Club
Reply #15 on: June 08, 2018, 08:57:50 PM
:tu:

us Offline ironraven

• No Life Club
  • American Clandestine Materials Executive (ACME)
Reply #16 on: June 09, 2018, 10:55:14 PM
If you don't carry the same tool every day, can you still call that tool an Every Day Carry item? Sure, you may (usually) carry a tool of a certain category, but if it changes frequently...

And if it's a random pick, how do you know you're covering each category? Maybe a stacked spinnable try thingy, one for folders, one for SAKs, one for multis, one for lights. one for misc pocket litter like pens and lighters. Maybe even one for wallets- who am I going to be today? I saw someone do something similiar- he made a lazy susan with sectional trays, put a box over it, and he give it a spin. When it stop spinning, he'd grab the pistol in the second closest to the hole in the box, and run it. Said he got the idea from a comic book. While I like to vary my training, this just seemed... nutty.
"Even if it is only the handful of people I meet on the street, or in my home, I can still protect them with this one sword" Kenshin Himura

Necessity is the mother of invention. If you're not ready, it's "a mother". If you are, it's "mom".

"I love democracy" Sheev Palpatine, upon his election to Chancellor.

us Offline zrxoa1

• No Life Club
Reply #17 on: June 09, 2018, 11:12:19 PM
Actually I started the process last night. I brought both my Kershaw knives in, the Whirlwind and the Clash.

Mainly to show someone, but I carried one for half the night then switched.

Those two are out of the EDC pool. The Whirlwind was just to awkward and the Clash too heavy.

That is for work EDC.  They are fine otherwise, but just not suitable for ME for WORK.

Today back to the venerable Pioneer X.

Monday I’ll try a different item and see. Basically will take a look at everything this weekend and weed out what I feel is not suitable for use at work.

us Offline Captain Hook

• Don't read this......You rebel you ;)
Reply #18 on: June 12, 2018, 12:12:21 AM

Ha! I knew I wasn't the only one who thought about doing that
~Formerly _MattGyver_ ~

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $0.00
PayPal Fees: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00