Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

The Peacent is in the ER.

Nix · 89 · 2818

il Offline pomsbz

• No Life Club
Re: The Peacent is in the ER.
Reply #60 on: June 12, 2018, 02:48:25 PM

Hope your hand gets better but was very sad to hear about what your mother is going through and about to go through. Went through it with my mother. My very best wishes for your mother, but also for you. It's a tough time.

I'm afraid the story didn't end well after 5 years of fighting but medical technology has come on a long long way in the past 20 years. When my cousin came down with the same type of cancer about 5 years ago and expressed fears based on my mother, her aunt, the doctor told her that people simply don't die from this cancer any more. Very best of luck. I've been disabled much of my life and had 5 surgeries in the past year alone. I can personally vouch for the fact, told to me by my mother at the time, that it's harder to watch someone you love being seriously ill than to be seriously ill yourself. It's very often far tougher for the families than for the sick person. Keep soldiering on mate.

I am sorry for your loss,
it is never easy especially if you have to go through that much before it finally ends.

Fortunately your cousin (and you to a certain degree I guess) benefited from modern marvels that allow us to live longer, better and healthier  :tu:          It is also true that seeing someone so close suffering it's often harder to you than the other person would believe,
but also you can be grateful for the fact that the other person has your company and you have theirs,  :tu: many people have lost their families way too young or early  :-[

I have lost 6 loved people in the last 5 years due to cancer, and it is sad but I won't lose the faith on this one being left behind and overcome,
thank you all for your kind words.

Have a nice week everybody!

PS: The cut is much better and no impairment in the job whatsoever with some care  :salute:

Show content

I can almost hear the knife saying 'it wasn't me, I'm being framed I tell you, framed! :D
"It is better to lose health like a spendthrift than to waste it like a miser." - Robert Louis Stevenson

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #61 on: June 12, 2018, 02:56:01 PM

Hope your hand gets better but was very sad to hear about what your mother is going through and about to go through. Went through it with my mother. My very best wishes for your mother, but also for you. It's a tough time.

I'm afraid the story didn't end well after 5 years of fighting but medical technology has come on a long long way in the past 20 years. When my cousin came down with the same type of cancer about 5 years ago and expressed fears based on my mother, her aunt, the doctor told her that people simply don't die from this cancer any more. Very best of luck. I've been disabled much of my life and had 5 surgeries in the past year alone. I can personally vouch for the fact, told to me by my mother at the time, that it's harder to watch someone you love being seriously ill than to be seriously ill yourself. It's very often far tougher for the families than for the sick person. Keep soldiering on mate.

I am sorry for your loss,
it is never easy especially if you have to go through that much before it finally ends.

Fortunately your cousin (and you to a certain degree I guess) benefited from modern marvels that allow us to live longer, better and healthier  :tu:          It is also true that seeing someone so close suffering it's often harder to you than the other person would believe,
but also you can be grateful for the fact that the other person has your company and you have theirs,  :tu: many people have lost their families way too young or early  :-[

I have lost 6 loved people in the last 5 years due to cancer, and it is sad but I won't lose the faith on this one being left behind and overcome,
thank you all for your kind words.

Have a nice week everybody!

PS: The cut is much better and no impairment in the job whatsoever with some care  :salute:

Show content

I can almost hear the knife saying 'it wasn't me, I'm being framed I tell you, framed! :D

whenever I cut the old bandaging to put a new one the knife stays shut and quiet though
He knows everything he says can and will be used against him in court  :D
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline ironraven

• No Life Club
  • American Clandestine Materials Executive (ACME)
Reply #62 on: June 14, 2018, 02:02:33 AM

whenever I cut the old bandaging to put a new one the knife stays shut and quiet though

Huh... I use a knife because it's quiet, they never talk. Or is this the wrong forum to discuss that....

Glad to see it's healing well, a sign that your sharpening skills are sufficient.

And good luck to your mother- probably odd to tell her that a few hundred knife nuts on a global basis wish her well, but she probably has figured out who you are and the kind of company you keep by now. :)
"Even if it is only the handful of people I meet on the street, or in my home, I can still protect them with this one sword" Kenshin Himura

Necessity is the mother of invention. If you're not ready, it's "a mother". If you are, it's "mom".

"I love democracy" Sheev Palpatine, upon his election to Chancellor.

us Offline Douglas

• No Life Club
Reply #63 on: June 14, 2018, 05:11:41 AM
TP,
I'm glad your hand is healing so well.  I also wanted to lend support for you as you provide support and strenght to and for your Mother.  You are both in my prayers.  I firmly belive your mother is blessed to have such an awesome Son and we are blessed he has chosen to share with us.   :salute:  Please keep us informed, Brother.
"LOGIC!  My God, the man's talking about logic!  We're talking about Universal Armageddon!"
Dr.  McCoy

MTo...The BEST place on Earth!

hr Offline styx

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #64 on: June 14, 2018, 08:00:10 AM
we, and by that I mean I, really need to send you some miracle liquid aka. potions
Solving problems you didn't know you had in the most obscure way possible

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

mc Offline Gerhard Gerber

• No Life Club
Reply #65 on: June 14, 2018, 09:41:14 AM
Fortunately cuts from sharp knives heal faster  :facepalm:

Few drops of superglue glue would've sorted that little scratch quickly!  :cheers:
 :rofl:

The worst is trying to open band-aids one-handed while bleeding, I've had lots of practice since getting the Lansky!  :whistle:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #66 on: June 14, 2018, 11:40:53 AM

Huh... I use a knife because it's quiet, they never talk. Or is this the wrong forum to discuss that....

Glad to see it's healing well, a sign that your sharpening skills are sufficient.

And good luck to your mother- probably odd to tell her that a few hundred knife nuts on a global basis wish her well, but she probably has figured out who you are and the kind of company you keep by now. :)

I think you and Kampfer would get on very well, if this is what you mean:  :D

Show content

My mother has already accepted it and whenever I talk about tools or how Leatherman this or Victorinox that, she disconnects and goes on to her stuff  :facepalm:

TP,
I'm glad your hand is healing so well.  I also wanted to lend support for you as you provide support and strenght to and for your Mother.  You are both in my prayers.  I firmly belive your mother is blessed to have such an awesome Son and we are blessed he has chosen to share with us.   :salute:  Please keep us informed, Brother.

Thank you Douglas it's very encouraging and valued to receive the support from you all here and now everyday I go to see her I remember you all and giver her best wishes, which she is grateful for.
Good vibes travel long distances and are always welcome no matter who sends them  :tu:

Hopefully by the end of July the Chemotherapy and Radiotherapy will be finished and he'll be able to recover and have a normal life again   :salute:
When she's better and stronger we'll have a great vacation and travel to a wonderful place, it's the very least she deserves for raising me and my sister up and taking always care of everyone around her, friends and family alike  :cheers:

we, and by that I mean I, really need to send you some miracle liquid aka. potions

all suggestions are welcome  :like:

Fortunately cuts from sharp knives heal faster  :facepalm:

Few drops of superglue glue would've sorted that little scratch quickly!  :cheers:
 :rofl:

The worst is trying to open band-aids one-handed while bleeding, I've had lots of practice since getting the Lansky!  :whistle:

that is one good thing about being a knife nut in relation to knife use and sharpness  ;)  they always cut like the Dickens if you get your hands on them

I've healed my share of self inflicted cuts with super glue, it is incredibly good for that and to avoid ER hassles  :angel:
And as for the bandaids, just like everything it's a matter of practice. Thanks to the Sharpmaker's safety guards I've saved myself from a few cuts, so I bet Sal had to go through some of them before coming up with the idea of the safety mechanism when designing it  :whistle:
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

mc Offline Gerhard Gerber

• No Life Club
Reply #67 on: June 14, 2018, 12:02:58 PM
Thanks to the Sharpmaker's safety guards I've saved myself from a few cuts, so I bet Sal had to go through some of them before coming up with the idea of the safety mechanism when designing it  :whistle:

Those are simple and brilliant  :salute:

My last cut is almost healed, right on the outside of my index finger's first joint.........and here and now I'll admit how it happened.....
 :facepalm:
Passed out on the couch in front of the TV, had a bunch of knives next to me that I was inspecting, and as I woke up I moved my hand and touched one blade..... :oops:

It was 1am, took a few moments to wake up fully.......there was blood on the floor!  :rofl:

I have a worse problem now, all my other workshop injuries heal over nicely, and as soon as the scab is at the last stage of healing, my (dry) skin cracks.  Hands never stop moving, so I deal with these all Winter long  :think:

au Offline TazzieRob

• No Life Club
Reply #68 on: June 18, 2018, 07:44:07 AM
So, since you're ok, do we call you ThePineapple now? :pok:

hr Offline styx

Reply #69 on: June 18, 2018, 08:13:19 AM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #70 on: June 18, 2018, 03:34:52 PM

you asked just after I had to take the stitches out and it was painful, and you made me smile for the first time after that unpleasant experience,
so yes you can  :D :tu:

Show content
My toys:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #71 on: June 18, 2018, 03:43:25 PM
Looking good. 

Send mom well wishes from California.  We're in her corner pulling for her along this journey.   
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #72 on: June 18, 2018, 03:47:16 PM
+1  :tu:

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #73 on: June 18, 2018, 03:50:58 PM
+2 :tu:
fail to prepare prepare to fail

se Offline RF52

Reply #74 on: June 18, 2018, 06:28:42 PM
+3

Sent fra min FRD-L09 via Tapatalk

il Offline pomsbz

• No Life Club
Reply #75 on: June 18, 2018, 07:46:36 PM
+4.1
"It is better to lose health like a spendthrift than to waste it like a miser." - Robert Louis Stevenson

hr Offline styx

Reply #76 on: June 18, 2018, 10:18:29 PM
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 10:19:55 PM by styx »

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #77 on: June 18, 2018, 11:10:47 PM
Me, I think El P needs to find a new approach to meeting cute nurses.   :pok:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #78 on: June 18, 2018, 11:57:21 PM

Only if he didn't get a number and a date................   
Esse Quam Videri

au Offline TazzieRob

• No Life Club
Reply #79 on: June 19, 2018, 04:23:01 AM

you asked just after I had to take the stitches out and it was painful, and you made me smile for the first time after that unpleasant experience,
so yes you can  :D :tu:

Show content

:cheers:  :salute:

hr Offline styx

Reply #80 on: June 19, 2018, 08:00:53 AM

with his luck he probably got a queue number and a check up date

ie Online McStitchy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice

ie Offline eamo

• No Life Club
  • I have a small selection of disparate tools
Reply #82 on: June 19, 2018, 11:08:03 AM

well, that question must be asked - Mr. P, did your method work ?

and best wishes to you and your mother.
It is never too late to be what you might have been - George Eliot

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #83 on: June 19, 2018, 01:19:16 PM

well, that question must be asked - Mr. P, did your method work ?

and best wishes to you and your mother.

no, it didn't  :facepalm:

with his luck he probably got a queue number and a check up date

how do you know that  :D whenever I go to the ER at the local hospital I needn't checking in, they already know why I am there and they pass me in to a box directly, no triage  :angel:

and to the all of you, thank you from my heart for your best wishes. The worst part of the treatment is yet to come but has to be done, and your good karma and positive words make it much more easy and bearable,  :tu: as well as the fun and distraction you provide in this great place  :salute:

may you all be blessed and God be with you  :cheers:

have a nice week and enjoy your health and family  :MTO: people!
My toys:

ie Online McStitchy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #84 on: June 19, 2018, 01:21:29 PM
 :hatsoff:

hr Offline styx

Reply #85 on: June 20, 2018, 07:48:35 AM
that's what we're here for - being a very rowdy family under the gaze of dear ol' uncle Def

us Offline ironraven

• No Life Club
  • American Clandestine Materials Executive (ACME)
Reply #86 on: June 21, 2018, 04:40:18 AM

Look at the wrist band. There is a date and many numbers on it. And even a name.

If you can find out who that person is, you get to go home with them.

:angel:
"Even if it is only the handful of people I meet on the street, or in my home, I can still protect them with this one sword" Kenshin Himura

Necessity is the mother of invention. If you're not ready, it's "a mother". If you are, it's "mom".

"I love democracy" Sheev Palpatine, upon his election to Chancellor.

us Offline ToolJoe

• No Life Club
Reply #87 on: June 23, 2018, 09:10:54 PM
Here is to a speedy recovery TP and hope your mom pulls through!
I knew my wife was a keeper when she transitioned from calling it a knife thingy to a multi-tool.

I might be crazy but it's kept me from going insane- Waylon Jennings

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #88 on: June 24, 2018, 03:19:05 PM
Here is to a speedy recovery TP and hope your mom pulls through!

thanks much Joe!  :cheers:
enjoy the week ahead and take care you too!  :salute:
My toys:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%