Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Looking for sheath recommendations for Swiss Champ and Huntsman...

00 Offline Dr. Boombatz

Looking for a couple of sheaths for two of my SAK's; Swiss Champ and Huntsman.

Wondering what Victorinox brand sheaths fit these two. Also interested in what aftermarket sheaths you like that are specifically made to fit the Swiss Champ and the Huntsman/4-layer SAK.

Thanks!

00 Offline Simon_Templar

• No Life Club
Don't know their model numbers, but all of these should be currently in production and fit the Swisschamp (and the Cybertool Large, which is identical in size) perfectly. The red one is nicest and has a button (the other two have velcro fasteners), but it's also biggest. The nylon one is the smallest of the three.

* 20211221_205242_copy_1209x1612.jpg (Filesize: 232.2 KB)

us Offline Farmer X

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Master of the unexciting
A SwissChamp will (just) fit in both a Zermatt pouch and the Cordura pouch shown. I think the box for the latter bears the number 33124.

As regards my preference: anything that holds the knife securely, doesn't protrude above the waistband of my pants, and is black will do nicely.

Pouches Side-By-Side.jpg
* Pouches Side-By-Side.jpg (Filesize: 136.01 KB)

SwissChamp In Zermatt.jpg
* SwissChamp In Zermatt.jpg (Filesize: 114.85 KB)

SwissChamp In Cordura.jpg
* SwissChamp In Cordura.jpg (Filesize: 142.23 KB)
USN 2000-2006

Afflicted with Alox-Pox and seeking the cure: more Alox!

us Offline Jackpine54

:iagree:

Also the XL Zermatt pouch for Swisschamp is available with a sharpening steel. I've carried one through several military deployments and found it very satisfactory.

us Offline SteveP

• No Life Club
Victorinox Swiss Army Large Leather Clip Pouch (Old Sku 33256) - 4.1099.23 fits the Swiss Champ and smaller.

Closes with a snap.

It has a belt clip on the back instead of a belt loop which is why I bought it.

SAKs:
58mm: Bijou (3), Classic SD (7), Cavalier, Mini Champ Plus (mod), Alox Classic SD, Rambler (3), Companion
65mm: Wenger Esquire
74mm: Executive
84mm: Bantam
85mm: Evolution S557, Serrated Commander, Traveler, Evolution 18
91mm: Champion "c", Swiss Champ (4), Explorer (3), Deluxe Tinker, Climber, Huntsman, Serrated Spartan/Weekender, Explorer Plus, Deluxe Explorer Plus (mod), Outdoorsman Plus, Spartan, Champion "a", Champion Plus, Timekeeper Alarm, Golfer
93mm: Pioneer Alox

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
  • Absolutely No Life Club
I tend to pocket carry everything but when I belt carry I usually go for a SOG belt pouch.  They are very well made and I like the plastic clip on the back so I don't have to slide them onto the belt.  They run cheap too.  It's kind of funny that I carry a SOG pouch more often than I carry SOG tools but I really like them and would recommend them.  Not sure what size you would need. mine easily holds a 111mm SAK or the Spirit tool so you would need a smaller one

* Batman 2021 04.jpg (Filesize: 117.6 KB)

us Offline kamakiri

• No Life Club
I rarely use sheaths. But when I do, I prefer this style pictured below. It has a snap, but doesn’t have the knife scratching metal exposed on the inside. It feels relatively thin and unobtrusive to me. Second choice are generally the nylon types with Velcro closure. Third would be the synthetic leather types with Velcro closure.

While it is the first and original type of SAK sheath I own, the leather Zermat ones are just too bulky to me and have the darned snaps exposed on the interior. Not a huge problem for most knives when the snap can be closed against stainless tools, but terrible when used flat against cellidor scales on knives 4-layers and under (due to their ’under-square’ or flat proportions). The ‘only’ pro for these to me are the ones that carry the old mini sharpening steel.

Hope that helps!
If this post has been helpful in dating your Swiss Army Knife, please consider making a small contribution to help keep SAKWiki going

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%