Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Tips for tippers?

us Offline kaput

• No Life Club
Tips for tippers?
on: June 29, 2018, 09:39:38 PM
In a Seinfeld voice, "what's the deal with tipping?"  ???

Do you tip every time there's a tip line on a receipt? I used to pay cash and it wasn't a issue, now it's all credit card, so am I to feel guilty crossing out the tip line and just paying for the goods and services prices agreed upon? Because I do  :cry:
multi-tools—folding contraptions fixed with all kinds of doo-dads

se Offline RF52

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Tips for tippers?
Reply #1 on: June 29, 2018, 09:41:58 PM
Over here it's normal to tip for exceptional service, if it's nothing special I don't tip

Sent fra min FRD-L09 via Tapatalk

us Offline ThundahBeagle

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: June 29, 2018, 09:43:10 PM
Paying the tip with the card is something I never do. Hell,  I try not to even use the card for payment, when possible.

If you want to pay with your card, pay the amount listed and perhaps pay the tip in cash. That way the reward is immediate, and in cold hard cash. They can make the decision to share it or claim it or whatever they want, but it's thiers, in hand

us Offline kaput

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: June 29, 2018, 09:46:03 PM
Over here it's normal to tip for exceptional service, if it's nothing special I don't tip

I will always tip if someone is serving me or if it's a in-home service or a haircut etc.. But what about these fast places that don't serve you or take your order at the table and they have a tip section on their receipt? Like Subway for example?

Also I'm hesitant to tip a food place, not a sit down, prior to eating the food anyway??  :think:

se Offline RF52

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #4 on: June 29, 2018, 09:59:53 PM

I will always tip if someone is serving me or if it's a in-home service or a haircut etc.. But what about these fast places that don't serve you or take your order at the table and they have a tip section on their receipt? Like Subway for example?

Also I'm hesitant to tip a food place, not a sit down, prior to eating the food anyway??  :think:
I would not tip at a fastfood place like Subway or McDonalds, and not at a place where you pay first. Exception would be if I know the food is great

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #5 on: June 29, 2018, 10:15:39 PM
As a general rule, I tip good service... I do not tip relative to the amount consumed, rather the contrary. I might tip more on a smaller order (to compensate for the small order), especially when having food delivered (they drive the same distance for 1 or 5 pizzas, but with 1 pizza they earn a lot less).
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #6 on: June 29, 2018, 11:10:07 PM
Tipping for normal service very much depends on location and wage laws IMHO... :think:
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

us Offline kaput

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: June 30, 2018, 01:13:58 AM

I would not tip at a fastfood place like Subway or McDonalds, and not at a place where you pay first. Exception would be if I know the food is great

So I agree. Now, do you feel bad at all. The only reason I do is now everywhere you go on every receipt is a place for a tip. And they force me to either write 0 or a line through it. Maybe I shouldn't feel bad, but I do.

I the days better when you just drop the cash in a jar when you feel it's warranted...

us Offline kaput

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: June 30, 2018, 01:18:07 AM
As a general rule, I tip good service... I do not tip relative to the amount consumed, rather the contrary. I might tip more on a smaller order (to compensate for the small order), especially when having food delivered (they drive the same distance for 1 or 5 pizzas, but with 1 pizza they earn a lot less).
I like this. I am all for tipping, in the traditional sense of when the service is deserving. I just feel now that it's expected nevermind whether they are even waiting on you or giving you exceptional service.

Side note, I tip on my haircut at minimum $5  ;)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD