Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

I'm new, please be gentle.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: I'm new, please be gentle.
Reply #30 on: December 05, 2008, 03:52:20 AM
for some reason S&R sounds familiar...

Yeah, I think we've been there a time or two!  :D

Def
ahhh the good ole days, when we were young and foolish instead of old and foolish...

Speak for yourself... I'm only middle aged and foolish....  ::)

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Offline Nutznboltz

Re: I'm new, please be gentle.
Reply #31 on: December 05, 2008, 05:43:51 AM
Welcome Nutznboltz!

Hawkchucker,  currently I edc a buck X-tract cause it's my newest tool.   A juice KF4 is also in the rotation along with an original sog power plier with the blunt nose.

A nice choice there in the KF4. :tu: How does the x-tract compare to it? I've never gotten an x-tract, but they've always intrigued me.

The X-tract is nice, I like the one handed opening of all the components and the 3" blade means I don't have to carry a seperate knife - which I normally do with any other multi, so its the main reason I got it.   The pliers are a bit on the small size for hard duty use, as is the can opener and I would like to have seen the addition of a file and a saw.  The screwdrivers work fine and for what I need it serves it's purpose.  Overall the Buck is well made and pretty compact.   
What can I say about the KF4 - IT ROCKS!!  I love it.   For me its the perfect edc multi, small enough that its not obtrusive but has all I need in a multi tool.  The pliers are solid and I have no hesitation using them hard.  Love the file, love the two blades, like the awl (would have loved it had Leatherman sharpened it). It does IMO have too many flat screwdrivers, I would gladly trade the two smaller ones for a can opener and something else. 
If I had to choose only one, it would be the KF4.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%