Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Apple iPhone

us Offline eodtech

• No Life Club
  • Rule #9 - Never go anywhere without a knife.
Apple iPhone
on: June 14, 2007, 01:59:49 AM
Anyone taking the plunge for one of these ???
Why do I carry a 45 ?
Because they don't make a 46 !

us Offline eodtech

• No Life Club
Re: Apple iPhone
Reply #1 on: November 30, 2008, 12:06:44 AM
How about now - I'm looking at changing carriers when my contract is up and ATT is going to get my business

The question is iPhnone 3G or BlackBerry Bold 3G

Why do I carry a 45 ?

Offline Leatherman123

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #2 on: November 30, 2008, 12:19:56 AM
I have the iPhone 3G. It was time for an upgrade and I LOVE it! I am going to Fuddruckers now, but when I return in will talk more about it!
B

ph Offline duckman1975

• No Life Club
  • Naked without my multitool!
Reply #3 on: November 30, 2008, 12:26:18 AM
Does it have bluetooth? I heard it can not forward text messages but its a software problem it can be fixed.
Multitools are the best thing that happened to mankind since the invention of the wheel!

us Offline eodtech

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: November 30, 2008, 01:57:55 AM
Does it have bluetooth? I heard it can not forward text messages but its a software problem it can be fixed.

1.  Bluetooth flexibility - Right now, all you can use Bluetooth on the iPhone for are headset voice calls, and that's it. This is sufficient for most people, sure, but we would like for Apple and AT&T to open up the Bluetooth profiles for the iPhone. This means we would like stereo Bluetooth and A2DP for streaming music wirelessly, Bluetooth tethering so we can use the iPhone as a modem, and finally we would like to have Bluetooth file-transfer protocol so we can transfer files to and fro the iPhone.

2. Multimedia messaging - Almost every other cell phone in the market has the ability to send images to other cell phones via multimedia messaging, or MMS. Yes you can still e-mail those photos, but MMS is such a basic feature that it should've been in the iPhone from the start.

Copy and paste - Again, this is such a basic feature. Having copy and paste makes it easier to type out text messages and e-mails.
Why do I carry a 45 ?

no Offline Medic82

• No Life Club
  • You will not laugh! You will not cry!
Reply #5 on: November 30, 2008, 09:22:44 AM
HTC Touch HD

There is no problem that cannot be solved by the use of high explosives.

us Offline donvito

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: November 30, 2008, 11:46:25 AM
Anyone taking the plunge for one of these ???

I've always stayed away from I Pods and I Phones (managed a Cingular/Att store for two years a while back). My choice was ether nokia or lately (past 3 years) sony ericsson. My SE has survived a dunk in the water, rain, two story drop o concrete (I drop my phone all the time) and is still ticking after almost two years (k790a). Look in to the blackberry if you are email oriented, SE X1 is coming out soon, but it's on the pricey side. My friend had this dilemma as well and after hearing him though I told him to get what ever he really wanted. In the end he got the I Phone (original, upgraded to 3G recently) and so far he's been very happy with it, although he does pamper it.

Offline Biru

Reply #7 on: November 30, 2008, 07:50:08 PM
I mainly go prepaid. I like the looks of the Instinct and the iPhone, but know little about them. I cross myself just thinking about phone contracts...

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I am geek, hear me code
Reply #8 on: November 30, 2008, 09:23:39 PM
I like the looks of the HTC line, and I just can't bring myself to throw money at Apple...
The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.

us Offline hawkchucker

• No Life Club
  • I miss Benner
Reply #9 on: November 30, 2008, 09:44:59 PM
EOD just remember to check the coverage area for your new area. I had to switch to verizon because it did not cover the area around sebago lake.
S

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD